So hey all....yes, been a while since I've been on CB, and I'm even more mortified to be asking a question that's likely covered in over a hundred threads, including each new leak "fixes & finds", but this has had me horribly perplexed since December.....

So in Dec, I blitzed from the official VZW OTA 10.2.1.whatever to 10.3.1.1151.....seemed ok, ran smooth, didn't even need to re-validate my two primary email + contact accounts, namely gmail and my office's exchange activesync......yeah, there were a couple of duplicates, stuff I don't normally sweat. Then in April, I blitzed 3.2.281.....and all of a sudden, it was like my contacts were thrown in a blender.....really, names mixed up, contacts that were numbers alone, contacts that had the last name correct, but the company name wrong, office fax showing their direct line, and their cellphone from a different continent. There're like 25 contacts consisting of number alone.....

Two weeks ago, I got a warranty replacement, and thought yes, start anew.....blitzed clean phone to 3.2.281, restored backup made couple hours ago from old device.......BAD IDEA.....blender effects worse.

Thought, hmmm, let's autoload back to a version earlier than VZW's current OTA....leading to the only happy moment, the re-discovery of the squircle in 10.2.0.1047.....let VZW OTA it to 10.2.1.whatever.....then tried to restore a a backup from prior to Dec, but was told that the source code was from a newer version.....so blitzed into 10.3.1.2708, restored a backup successfully. Bear in mind, this is all throughout my 0630-2000 standard workday.....laptop on my desk......now, I've discovered this as not gone away.

I've tried disconnecting all accounts, deleting all contacts, re-attaching accounts, hoping that cardav on gmail, and outlook exchange's activesync would re-populate......yeah, nope. Gmail stopped around 350, out of over 1000 contacts. When I "successfully" restored a backup into 10.3.1.2708, or so I thought, cos when I checked the contacts, there were about the right number......now, I find that 15% of them are duplicates, and the 30-odd number only contacts are still there.....

WHAT GIVES??? I've autoloaded countless leaks from the squircle era to blitzing into 10.3......with no issues.....

help, please??

TS currently stands for 'T'otally 'S'tumped
    05-13-15 10:20 PM
    At this point, I'm more curious about the why & how, rather than just a fix......seriously....no one?
    05-14-15 09:13 PM
    Do you have any contacts saved on your SIMCard?

I suggest making sure you have no contact info saved on SIM or SD. Checking your contacts via Web. Then performing a security wipe, and restoring your phone from a backup done B4 you tried the 10.3.2 beta. Perhaps with a partial restore.

(keep in mind you may not have to go to the extremes of the above. A wipe may not be necessary)

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:56 AM
    I've had better luck since I started keeping contacts with only one mail account. I think it is the difference in the way the different providers handle contacts interacting with each other and the BlackBerry contact app.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    05-16-15 09:31 AM
    I have had only one problem, with conflated contacts. It put a lot of my son's info into my brother's file (they have the same first and last, but not middle, names.) What I saw was that info from my son's Linked In, and Facebook accounts, got incorporated into my brother's file. I have no idea why. Since I repaired my brother's info, I have synced once, and it has not come back (yet.) I was only made aware of the problem when I thought that an email, from my brother, was from my son, because it showed his picture, in the avatar.
    05-16-15 11:30 AM