Hub
    Flash (going)
    Removable battery (gone)
    SD card expansion

Looks like may not be what BlackBerry is looking for in a customer.

Loving the hidden Squircle. I'm gonna make a trip to Fostah
    David Robertson4 likes this.
    10-28-14 10:28 PM
    Hub and keyboard are the main reasons for me. But I also like the OS feel, swipes and flicks. Now the Passport form factor, display and battery. Well, I think I'm addicted .

Typed on my square wonder thingie.
    10-28-14 10:37 PM
    HUB.....its the hub...other OS tries to copy but the feel and smoothness aint the same man...all in 1 communication stop centre
    10-28-14 11:23 PM
    Hub, Keyboard, Smooth multitasking
    10-28-14 11:44 PM
    File manager and true mass storage mode, not that mtp crap used by Windows phone and android.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    10-29-14 12:10 AM
    Tired of android, I had been using android from Eclair(2.1) and used it till ICS(4.2) but then i needed a change in UI and a phone which had more stable OS.
    I kept BB Q10 and Z10 as my option and ended up getting Z10 due to its perfect shape and looks
    10-29-14 12:46 AM
    I naturally upgraded from OS6/Bold 9700 to BB10/Z10. (Though I had a hard time to choose between Z10/Q10/Q5 and so many ?s on OS features especially active frame which were resolved thanks to CB)

And yeah, this is coming from a guy who - during upgrading process - bought iPhone4/iOS 6 for wife and Samsung/ICS for mum.

No body can beat BB for productivity because 'I like to own a phone not vice-verse'.
    10-29-14 01:27 AM
    Swiping, the Hub, keyboard, and overall feel of OS. After gliding around on my Z30 my wife's iPhone 5 drives me nuts trying to navigate it. Feels very choppy compared to OS10. Oh, and my most used app is CB. Is there a more passionate forum anywhere??!!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    10-29-14 01:31 AM
    I didn't choose it, it chose me!
    10-29-14 02:38 AM
    It's my first smartphone, which I bought recently when the need arose. Privacy and security are important to me, so the initial reason why I went with a BB device over others is that it's not tied to Google or Apple in any way. I don't use their emails, clouds, calendars, or whatever services they offer for "free"

Now that I've been using my BB for a while, here are some reasons why I'd continue to choose BB over others, in random order:

1) Hub
    2) PK
    3) Apps actually close -_-
    4) A secure platform to run Android apps
    5) Excellent communication overall (emails, messaging, calls, everything)
    6) FILE MANAGEMENT! I'd like to see and interact with the files that reside on "my" device, which I paid for, thank you very much *cough*Apple*cough*
    7) Encrypted communication by default whenever possible
    8) True USB mass storage (although I can't use it since I have Encryption enabled)
    9) I love how easy it is to access and share files between my device and PC over USB or WiFi
    10) Best WiFi. I'm usually the only one in the room who gets WiFi signal!! Although I don't know how the iPhone 6 and new devices compare these days.
    11) No Google Services

the list goes on!
    Senor Wright likes this.
    10-29-14 04:09 AM
    I didn't choose it, it chose me!
    ^ this post right here.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:04 AM
    1.) Gesture based UI
    2.) The Hub
    3.) Android Player
    4.) The Amazing Virtual Keyboard
    5.) I just like BlackBerry!

EDIT: That's not really in any particular order

Posted via CB10
    howards and KKZ3 like this.
    10-29-14 06:09 AM
    Well I don't care for apple or android. That left bb or wp. BB has/had better function for me and I don't use very many apps.
    10-29-14 06:33 AM
    You specified other than privacy, but that is why I chose BlackBerry BBOS then BB10. Privacy, security, communications, reliability.
    10-29-14 06:50 AM
    Because after over 20 years of Nokia's I found that, after MS got involved with Nokia, that I disliked Windows Phone, hate the way Apple work as a company, sure their products are great but the company just is unpleasant.

Concerns about the security of android led me to Blackberry. I loathe the earlier BB OS's but feel BB10 is spot on and a great OS. Love the Hub, love the removable battery, love the ability to use SD cards, feel a bit aggrieved that it was implied around launch that the Z10 would have the ability to connect to USB thumb drives and keyboard etc. But it's not a deal breaker. Been very pleased with the Z10
    10-29-14 11:36 AM
    The hub. The browser. The file manager. Universal search. The crystal clear phone and outstanding performance in low reception areas. Not needing to install apps to have an outstanding communication device. BlackBerry comes ready to work out of the box and is capable of being much better organized, not a cluttered mess like Android or a toy with a phone attached

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:58 AM
    -Best device I have used for email
    -Not entirely restrictive, and not too customizable
    -Best Calendar App I have used
    -Ability to run two different types of apps (BB10 and Android)
    -Yes, to be different
    10-29-14 01:36 PM
    I'll be honest, BB10 has some amazing features, the HUB, great keyboards (both physical and virtual), Android Runtime, kick-*** browser, etc. However, my main reason for choosing it has been that, despite some minor problems, BlackBerry devices have always worked well for me. Since I switched in 2008 from a Motorola V3 to a Pearl 8100, I've become a die hard BB fan. The emailing is the main aspect I love on all BlackBerry devices.

I've tried other platforms. Very briefly IOS and a bit more Android during the time I spent in Hungary (4 months), where no BIS was available on a pay as you go mode (I remember hating the typing experience on the Android and just preferred to carry around my 9700 to use with Wifi...). Previously, in the UK from 2011-2012 I had BIS on pay as you go with T-Mobile, so I was a very happy Bold user.

As I mentioned, despite minor setbacks, the brand has worked for me. I still remember travelling to the US in 2010 and 2011for HEMA events and had my former office contacting me to solve work related issues. The first time I didn't take my old laptop but the second, unknown to me, it caught a virus, so it became useless during the trip. I dealt everything with my 8520 Curve on a BIS traveller package I had bought. And I did it without loosing much attention and time from the reason I travelled (my hobby).

In the beginning of 2013, before I really knew anything about BB10 (I wasn't even on Crackberry), I was still using my trusty 9700, just before getting a 9800 as a present from my mother. In the same time, my gf got the Galaxy S3, and I must confess it looked tempting. But due to my prior Android experience, I was sceptical (apps crashing all the time, horrible keyboard, needed an app for email...). I remember at some point she even asked me to trade her S3 for my Torch, arguing she missed the physical keyboard, I politely refused. I'm glad to have waited and found out about BB10.

Looking back, if there hadn't been BB10, I would have probably stayed with BBOS (either with the Torch or just gotten an OS7 device) as much as possible and probably just gotten a Tablet as a companion. Nevertheless, since BB10 is a reality, I had no need for a Tablet, as my Z30 does the job. If I need something further, I just use my new Laptop, although about 85-90% of the job can be easily done on my Z30 (from emailing and Web surfing, to drafting, reviewing, and correcting documents). Just for the record, my GF ended up ditching the S3 for a Q10 and now has her eyes set on a Classic. She is not a die hard fan of BB as me, but always loved her 9780 Bold and missed the physical keyboard, so she returned to use a BB.

BTW, and this is just a subjective generalisation on my part, but I've noticed that people who answer emails immediately or promptly are more frequently BlackBerry users (whether Legacy or BB10). People who I know that have Androids or IPhones, tend to take longer or sometimes, never answer emails. This is could be because they're either lazy or just hate typing on their phones. Most BlackBerry users however, seem to love to type on their phones, I know I do!

Another thought, and again it's a subjective generalisation. Everyday I see a lot of Android and IPhone users, wearing business clothes (I'm a lawyer, so this is my "work circle"), but I still see a quite a few using BlackBerry, among them, me. For me, BB is the ad hoc tool for the truly business type. The colleagues I see with other phones, tend to use them less often for work related stuff, aside from calls and perhaps WhatsApp. They are however, always eager to show off a new "fun" app.

Even further, I followed a bit of the presentation of the IPhone 6 and 6 plus. Tim Cook was wearing jeans or chinos in blue, with an untucked shirt and some sort of sneakers. On the opposite, I watched the full Passport presentation. John Chen was wearing a business suit and "dressed to kill". For me it is more appealing to use a phone aimed at something I can identify with. Tim's look is way too casual even for my weekends. Chen's look tells me he is someone I can make business with.

I'm 31, but have been using suits for well over a decade, and actually love doing it. I have a personal tailor and own around 20 suits and 15 more casual blazers. My Z30 combined with the leather case completes the serious look. I mean business during the weekday. And during the weekend, I'm far more relaxed but always ready to confront any business emergency, while still have some "fun" things to do on my phone, from games to Netflix or taking pics.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, but since I had some free time, got quite passionate about my story with BlackBerry.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 10-29-14 at 02:27 PM.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-29-14 02:08 PM
    I am not on BES. I use BB10 because it is the best is for me.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    10-29-14 02:11 PM
    Like many others here: Natural progression from BBOS.
    10-29-14 06:44 PM
    For me, having been a BlackBerry user and developer (side-projects and professional) since 2006, it was also a natural progression from BBOS.

At this point, had BB10 not come along, I'd probably have long since switched to Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:15 PM
    Logical progression from my first smartphone, a pearl, to my current a Z10, to whatever is next in an all touch for BlackBerry. BlackBerry still works for me. Though I am on the latest leak and loving it.
    Don't get me wrong to each their own. My wife hated her pearl so I bought her an Android, and now she is on the latest galaxy. The ipad ordered her is on the way, even though I said we would never have an apple product in the house. Oh well, she is a teacher and this will be great for her(she will have to use it outside though, lol.) not.
    Hopefully before February the have something in the pipeline as my contract will be up. Hoping.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:11 AM
    As a college students, I didn't have the need for all the productivity or email. Bought this Z10 because just found it very appealing.

From my awesome Z10 owned by me the awesome guy.
    10-30-14 02:02 AM
    BB10.. absolutely different.. and that's why.. yay

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    10-30-14 02:22 AM
    I comment on my iGram with my Q10, please why or what should I do??

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:43 AM
91 1234