08-30-18 01:07 AM
45 12
tools
    I've had my classic for over two years. I use AOL. I sent emails yesterday morning just fine. Around 1:00pm eastern time yesterday, I sent an email. It did not show as "sent" in my hub. A few minutes later, I tried again. Same thing. Been that way with every email I've tried since yesterday afternoon.

But I receive emails just fine. No problem there.

This is beyond frustrating. Anyone had this problem or know of a fix?
    05-08-18 11:17 AM
    I've had my classic for over two years. I use AOL. I sent emails yesterday morning just fine. Around 1:00pm eastern time yesterday, I sent an email. It did not show as "sent" in my hub. A few minutes later, I tried again. Same thing. Been that way with every email I've tried since yesterday afternoon.

Did you try to remove and add your account?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-18 02:05 PM

Have you re-booted your phone? Many issues can be solved by a simple restart of the phone.
    05-08-18 02:57 PM
    Spoke to AOL today and they said that as of 4/10/18 they no longer support accounts on Blackberry. I had deleted my mail account on the phone when the problem started and tried to reinstall. No luck. I'm using a Classic. They told me to download the AOL app/icon but I don't think that will work on OS10. May need 3rd party app that probably won't go to Hub. Not a happy camper right now!
    05-08-18 03:52 PM
    Spoke to AOL today and they said that as of 4/10/18 they no longer support accounts on Blackberry. I had deleted my mail account on the phone when the problem started and tried to reinstall. No luck. I'm using a Classic. They told me to download the AOL app/icon but I don't think that will work on OS10. May need 3rd party app that probably won't go to Hub. Not a happy camper right now!
    Didn't they give you any sort of warning?
    05-08-18 04:13 PM
    No. They said the memo was "internal". If anyone has a workaround I would appreciate it. I wonder if the new Keyone which is more Android would do it? But tech at AOL said Blackberry in general. Tried Blackberry site but only "crickets"!
    05-08-18 04:36 PM
    If you remove your account you may never get it back.
    05-08-18 04:38 PM
    Why not try that suggested app? If it doesn't work, well it least you know that, no harm done.

Anyway, you are not stuck to Aol app to start with:
    https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do...ve-my-aol-mail

So, you could install the Outlook app. It can give a notification, however no full hub integration.

Somehow I'm not getting if Aol is pop or imap that a Blackberry can't fetch that mail.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-18 04:40 PM
    AOL is imap. Don't know why Blackberry can't get it but AOL's server won't connect now. I'll try your suggestion.
    05-08-18 04:56 PM
    AOL is imap. Don't know why Blackberry can't get it but AOL's server won't connect now. I'll try your suggestion.
    I believe the AOL rep meant that BBOS is no longer supported. I have a possible solution for you.

Recently, my AOL email app wouldn't connect properly. I was forced to login via browser and choose a more secure password. The email also reference if using two-factor verification to update as well.

Upon fixing you single authorization password with better characters, you may be able to reset your AOL email account back in hub. Let us know and good luck.
    05-08-18 05:35 PM
    Tried that Chuck. No luck. Maybe newer OS is OK. Anyone having luck on the newer phones?
    05-08-18 06:31 PM
    Tried that Chuck. No luck. Maybe newer OS is OK. Anyone having luck on the newer phones?
    Once I updated the password, I was able to login without any problem using the AOL email app. However, I believe there are new setting instructions for email clients as well.

Another possibility is that AOL now requires two factor authorization that is possibly not supported with BB10? Usually, I would blame this on BB10 and yet I don’t think such is the case.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 05-09-18 at 07:29 AM.
    05-09-18 07:15 AM
    Try setting up as POP instead of IMAP. Another thread mentioned this as solution today..

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...g-1139350-new/
    05-09-18 04:27 PM
    It worked!! Let's see for how long. Thanks Chuck.
    Ken
    05-09-18 04:35 PM
    It worked!! Let's see for how long. Thanks Chuck.
    Ken
    Anytime. Stick around. Participate. Belated “Welcome To CrackBerry”.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-09-18 06:28 PM
    Wow,I just woke up to this this morning, no aol connection at all written in red. Also around the same time on May 8 I too could not send email and was having problems opening many. I felt like a fool and could not figure out why my email was not going through with a client. I was frustrated due to the fact that I was ready to install home security also with aol as my notification. Anyway... I called AOL,just got off the phone with them. Tech support said, "I'm very sorry to tell you but I will no longer have aol with my blackberry." I was like what? He was very polite and apologetic... I asked was this aol decision or blackberry? He said mutual. They said notifications went out...I told them I never received a notification, they said it was sent to us from blackberry on April 11, 2018 Eol.biffy? I don't recall that at all. Aol told me I can access aol through browser, that's a nightmare. That too is getting slower. Not a good option. I'm not a happy camper either. I have a blackberry classic also. I read this thread but don't understand how you got aol working again? I am receiving email notifications but can't open or send. I kept waiting and hoping for an updated version of this classic. Guess it won't happen. Any help appreciated
    05-10-18 08:10 AM
    Wow,I just woke up to this this morning, no aol connection at all written in red. Also around the same time on May 8 I too could not send email and was having problems opening many. I felt like a fool and could not figure out why my email was not going through with a client. I was frustrated due to the fact that I was ready to install home security also with aol as my notification. Anyway... I called AOL,just got off the phone with them. Tech support said, "I'm very sorry to tell you but I will no longer have aol with my blackberry." I was like what? He was very polite and apologetic... I asked was this aol decision or blackberry? He said mutual. They said notifications went out...I told them I never received a notification, they said it was sent to us from blackberry on April 11, 2018 Eol.biffy? I don't recall that at all. Aol told me I can access aol through browser, that's a nightmare. That too is getting slower. Not a good option. I'm not a happy camper either. I have a blackberry classic also. I read this thread but don't understand how you got aol working again? I am receiving email notifications but can't open or send. I kept waiting and hoping for an updated version of this classic. Guess it won't happen. Any help appreciated
    Basically delete your account then set your account up again using POP settings instead of the IMAP settings...
    05-10-18 09:11 AM
    Thanks, I did read that in some threads here , as I see many with this same issue...I'm to afraid to delete... I did what Wendy posted on a thread ....I went into server settings and changed manually to smpt.aol.com port 993 ssl and smpt.aol.com port 465 ssl... we should have a choice of our own servers, Aol probably wasn't allowed to tell us this. I am able to get into my emails....I have to charge my phone, and check if inbound and out are working. if you don't hear back from me it worked...I need to set default to same , I'm still new to navigating crackberry forum, I think I posted on several different threads, thank you
    05-10-18 09:35 AM
    I'm only receiving, I cannot send out :/. Smpt.aol.com port 993 works I assume to receive but when I go to manually change next
    smtp.aol.com the port will not change to 465 as advised here...it stays at 25. Whatever that means ,any help appreciated...I read many totally lose aol altogether if they delete and try to reinstall. Any other options? Thanks much
    05-10-18 12:12 PM
    This is EXACTLY what I did to get my email to receive and send just as it used to several days ago!

Go to settings
    Tap Accounts set up email.
    Tap on your email account that should already be set up if you haven't deleted it.
    (If you deleted your account as I did...no worries when I added a new account and used these settings below, all my emails came back to my phone)
    Tap on your email account again
    Scroll down to server address. Enter imap.aol.com Make sure Port is 993 Use SSL
    Scroll down to SMTP server address. Enter smtp.aol.com Make sure Port is 465
    SMTP Encryption should be SSL
    Click save at top left
    It may take a few moments to save but it worked for me!
    05-11-18 01:25 AM
    thanks, I've tried everything, getting cross eyed....I went into advanced settings also..it said I was already set ... I went into settings....Did what you said step by step...I got message in white box "the server smpt.aol.com for your account(imap Email:AOL-myemail) is not responding.Please check your settings and try again.ughhh. I am on office computer at home , trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I called aol they said no longer working with blackberry , they told me to open aol in browser...that is terrible. maybe I will bring phone to att ...they don't like helping at the stores only to sell. I don't want to give up on my blackberry ...but im to tired and i dont have the time , what am I doing wrong? thank you much for help ...
    05-11-18 07:50 PM
    thanks, I've tried everything, getting cross eyed....I went into advanced settings also..it said I was already set ... I went into settings....Did what you said step by step...I got message in white box "the server smpt.aol.com for your account(imap Email:AOL-myemail) is not responding.Please check your settings and try again.ughhh. I am on office computer at home , trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I called aol they said no longer working with blackberry , they told me to open aol in browser...that is terrible. maybe I will bring phone to att ...they don't like helping at the stores only to sell. I don't want to give up on my blackberry ...but im to tired and i dont have the time , what am I doing wrong? thank you much for help ...
    05-11-18 07:57 PM
    do you have a blackberry classic also ?
    05-11-18 07:57 PM
    and my carrier is at&t..thanks, sorry for all the posts
    05-11-18 08:02 PM
    good morning??? so now today - nothing in - nothing out....verizon/aol any new ideas? have tried all the settings in the thread so far . What I don't get is why Blackberry would allow this to happen - after all the abuse I (we) take for still using Blackberry i would hope they would be loyal to us as well. Needed to vent.
    05-12-18 10:03 AM
45 12