BlackBerry not doing this. AOL has updated protocols etc since it’s now 2018. Log into you AOL from regular computer or browser and make sure your passwords are up to date with AOL new requirements. Then follow the POP email instructions. Do not setup as IMAP......
    05-12-18 10:32 AM
    I've been around and around with this problem. I ended up deleting my account, not knowing I wouldn't be able to add it back. I had read someone say you have to add it back as POP. Problem is, it will not show sent email, only inbox. Will not refresh, either. So, when you open an email on another device, it remains unread on Blackberry, until you do something with it there, also. This is not a good solution.
    TomtomOne likes this.
    05-14-18 01:52 PM
    I've been around and around with this problem. I ended up deleting my account, not knowing I wouldn't be able to add it back. I had read someone say you have to add it back as POP. Problem is, it will not show sent email, only inbox. Will not refresh, either. So, when you open an email on another device, it remains unread on Blackberry, until you do something with it there, also. This is not a good solution.
    That is a limitation of the POP protocol. It works that same way anywhere you set up an email account with POP.
    05-14-18 07:46 PM
    I'm back in business. I followed all as directed in this thread, I went into aol browser and there was new updates...be sure to updated to new terms. Yahoo and aol merged in some way. I am only missing a few unsent emails...they were in the "green unfinished mode". I kept them for references ,I hope I can find them. Anyway...I did all as directed in this thread... Be sure your user name is correct. Patience is a virtue .
    05-16-18 08:52 AM
    Hello firefly1111,

just to get this right:
    1) What do you mean with "AOL browser"? Where exactly did you log-in?
    2) You did all as directed in this thread: Means you've set up a POP account, not an IMAP account - right?

AOL Mail via IMAP on BB10 still isn't working here so far. Due to its limitations, POP isn't quite an appropriate alternative for IMAP-access.
    05-16-18 09:45 AM
    Have a Gmail account? Go to Settings in Gmail.

In Settings go to Accounts and Import.

Set up an Import from AOL.

Setting up a Gmail on your BB10 is easy. The only downside is you can't send a new email from your AOL on your phone. You can reply but it will come from your Gmail Acct.

Put the AOL Mail Mobile app on your phone if you want to be able to respond from or compose a new email in AOL.

Your Gmail account will receive all your AOL incoming mail and it will sync to show emails as read or deleted or sent from your AOL account in the BB Hub AND you will get new mail notifications very quickly.

The 2nd thing you will need to do is come to the realization that our love affair with BB10 is coming to an end, sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-18 05:15 PM
    As a "kind of workaround" I've installed K-9 Mail Android app on my BB10

Download apk from developer: https://k9mail.github.io

Used AOL server settings in K-9 mail:
    • Protocol/type: IMAP
    • User name: full AOL-email-address (including @aol.com)
    • Password: AOL-email-password
    • Incoming server: imap.aol.com | port: 993 | encryption: TLS/SSL
    • Outgoing server: smtp.aol.com | port: 465 | encryption: TLS/SSL

There are a lot of setting options you can adjust in order to satisfy your customized needs (look and behavior of the app).

Finally it's not an appropriate "Hub replacement" - but you can manage your mail using IMAP directly on the server.

Still hoping Blackberry will fix this AOL/Hub issue serversided in its online configuration services - after all IMAP is a standardized email protocol which still is current.
    Last edited by TomtomOne; 05-17-18 at 11:37 AM.
    05-17-18 10:43 AM
    I just spoke with AOL tech support (was moved up to a higher level of support twice). I was told by tech support for both AOL.com and Verizon.net accounts that there is an ongoing server issue between them and BlackBerry that they are trying to "negotiate". Incoming mail is fine. It's just the outgoing that's an issue. Until the problem is negotiated (whatever that means) they suggested that you use your browser to send mail via aol.com. They recommended not setting up the account as POP instead of IMAP, as your mailbox will not sync among devices. And they candidly advised against using the AOL Mail app, which they said was more problematic than going to aol.com through the browser.
    Last edited by EntAgency; 05-18-18 at 10:14 PM.
    TomtomOne likes this.
    05-18-18 05:24 PM
    I just spoke with AOL tech support... They recommended not setting up the account as POP instead of IMAP, as your mailbox will not sync among devices.
    I hope AOL/Blackberry will find a practicable solution for IMAP issue, but actually Blackberry itself provided POP setup as official workaround:
    https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000048806

Due to lack of mail/folder synchronization, POP isn't an acceptable alternative vs. IMAP access.
    05-21-18 03:45 AM
    I hope AOL/Blackberry will find a practicable solution for IMAP issue, but actually Blackberry itself provided POP setup as official workaround:
    https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000048806

Due to lack of mail/folder synchronization, POP isn't an acceptable alternative vs. IMAP access.
    Considering we're discussing AOL email and BB10, we’ll appreciate whatever solutions are left.....
    05-21-18 06:18 PM
    I too was having the same issue. Unfortunately I deleted my account and have not been able to re-enter it. I just found a "fix" on the Blackberry Knowledge Base, Article Number: 000048806 First Published: May 09, 2018 Last Modified: May 09, 2018. It is instructions for adding AOL to your BB, they are now instructing you to add it as a POP mail account, no instructions for IMAP for AOL. The link is below. I just tried it and it works fine now. However, it only syncs 90 days and does not give you access to all of the folders created under the Inbox unless you created them in your AOL mailbox. I use Outlook and I have an extensive amount of folders. Very frustrating but at least I can see my new emails and send. I don't understand, IMAP works fine for AOL everywhere else, on my iPad, iPhone, and Windows Laptop. Trying to stick to Blackberry but they are making it very difficult, I guess that is their goal
    Unable to add AOL email account to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    05-21-18 09:09 PM
    I too was having the same issue. Unfortunately I deleted my account and have not been able to re-enter it. I just found a "fix" on the Blackberry Knowledge Base, Article Number: 000048806 First Published: May 09, 2018 Last Modified: May 09, 2018. It is instructions for adding AOL to your BB, they are now instructing you to add it as a POP mail account, no instructions for IMAP for AOL. The link is below. I just tried it and it works fine now. However, it only syncs 90 days and does not give you access to all of the folders created under the Inbox unless you created them in your AOL mailbox. I use Outlook and I have an extensive amount of folders. Very frustrating but at least I can see my new emails and send. I don't understand, IMAP works fine for AOL everywhere else, on my iPad, iPhone, and Windows Laptop. Trying to stick to Blackberry but they are making it very difficult, I guess that is their goal
    Unable to add AOL email account to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    If you want to continue using a BlackBerry, then pick a supported device and you'll be just fine. BBAndroid is supported.
    05-22-18 06:06 AM
    Sorry so late to respond tomtomone, I did not see this till today, I went into my browser on desktop and through my browser on my blackberry to update and agree to new terms then I switched to ipop. I think I did have to secure account also. The only thing I noticed that I do not like is I have no spam folder any longer, and missing unfinished emails I left in aol hub. Yes I set up as POP .pop.aol.com port 995 and SMPT.aol.com port 465 .
    05-23-18 06:39 AM
    Sorry so late to respond tomtomone...
    Hi firefly1111, thanks for getting back to me. Meanwhile AOL did the roll-out of its new terms of use and privacy policy also for Germany. Unfortunatelly approval has no impact on usage of IMAP in the hub on my BB10. As mentioned by EntAgency, maybe Blackberry and AOL are trying to "negotiate" the known server issue - it is much to be hoped. Access via POP works fine - but merely and simply with the limitations of POP-technology (no sync folders/sent mails etc.).
    05-23-18 07:01 AM
    Note of caution. I switched to POP following BB site instructions and got all my emails. Minor issue with 20-30 minute delay vs instantaneous with IMAP. But I had to change my AOL password on my PC last night for some odd reason unrelated to this and I got no emails on my BB today. Didn't dawn on me until a short while ago that the password settings in the BB would now be wrong. Changed them to match new and all my emails came flooding in. Just something to remember.
    05-31-18 08:56 PM
    Hi Erlicon2, I AM getting a constant message I have to "update my account password " on my BlackBerry, but I ignore it...I don't know where or which password they are referring too, also for Caldav :/
    06-03-18 07:42 AM
    the password you use to access your AOL account on your PC or tablet has to match the password you use when you set up (re-setup) your phone AOL account (POP). If you change it on your PC or tablet, phone can't access email due to now 'incorrect' password in phone settings.
    06-03-18 10:45 PM
    Regarding Smartphones with Blackberry 10 OS (BB10OS):

There is a workaround to add back your AOL email account in hub via IMAP - unfortunately it only works for receiving/reading/deleting/syncing/managing your emails on the IMAP-server. Due to AOL new security policies and technologies, SMTP-handshake (for outgoing email) between Blackberry hub (BB10OS) and AOL fails using IMAP-setup. This means: you won't longer be able to send emails from an AOL email account integrated in hub (BB10OS) using IMAP.

For IMAP-workaround on BB10OS (receive/read/sync/manage your emails) please refer to this post for further details:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13201298
    06-07-18 01:29 AM
    AOL with IMAP on BB10OS working again here!

Refer here for details:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13266850
    08-26-18 10:31 AM
    This happened to me about 5 days ago with yahoo email. I followed the steps and re-entered my new password in both places that had been working fine before, but all of a sudden I could only receive, not send, emails. Voila!!! Thanks so much!!! Thought I was going to have to get a new, non-BB phone -- WHEW!!!
    08-30-18 01:07 AM
45 12