Estimados seguidores de blackberry 10, la verdad hoy en día blackberry 10, tiene mucho que aportar a los clientes que prefieren su software propio de la marca 10!!.
    recordemos un poco, primero fue la escaces de aplicaciones y luego lo personalizado, a que me refiero¿? muchos esperamos que blackberry quedara a la altura de los demás dispositivos como por ejemplo: las app de contactos, bbm, twitter, facebook, calendario, gps, que fueran mejoradas en aspecto mas modernos, en resumidas cuentas, las mismas aplicaciones nativas de blackberry en versión android hubieran sido de blackberry 10, que la foto de perfil fuera redondeada mas personalizada, No con aspecto cuadrado que llame a lo obsoleto

El Hub, cuando uno utiliza una aplicación android y llega una notificación aparece una (campanita) que no se puede ni personalizar con ella, cuando esperábamos que por lo menos apareciera el Icono de la aplicación a la cual pertenece la notificación

En configuracion hubieramos agregado la opción de personalizar todos los iconos a un solo tamaño con alguna forma redondeada como actualmente lo hace samsung con sus dispositivos.

a hora felizitaciones a los creadores de Google Play Store 10, ya que es buena aplicacion nativa para acceder a los miles de App android.

Mis Saludos.
    Dear followers of blackberry 10, the truth today blackberry 10, has a lot to bring to customers who prefer their own software brand 10 !!.
    let's remember a little bit, first it was the scrapes of applications and then the custom, to which I mean? many hope that blackberry will keep up with other devices such as: contacts app, bbm, twitter, facebook, calendar, gps, that were improved in look more modern, in short, the same native applications of blackberry in android version would have been blackberry 10, that profile photo was rounded more personalized, not with square appearance that call obsolete

The Hub, when one uses an android application and a notification arrives a (bell) that can not be personalized with it, when we hoped that at least the Icon of the application to which the notification belongs

In configuration we would have added the option to customize all icons to a single size with some rounded shape as currently samsung with their devices.

At time happyties to the creators of Google Play Store 10, since it is good native application to access the thousands of android app.
    BB10's development ended in late 2014. Hopefully, those people of whom you speak will be satisfied for a long time with BB10 in the state it is today, because there are no updates coming.

Some BB10 features may come to Android, but don't expect BB to bring any other BB10 apps to Android, as there are plenty of similar apps available already.
    09-28-17 05:42 PM
    Una cosa es lo que una empresa debe entender, Es el mercado el que define y lo que enseña realmente lo que quiere el consumidor,.

Yo a la verdad, probe sus mobiles version android by blackberry, pero no me gusto en lo personal,.
    blackberry 10, es totalmente diferente, en todo aspecto, hecho para el mundo empresarial.. me gusta mucho mas blackberry 10 que android.
    09-28-17 06:07 PM
    TIZEN and it's growing, and you are extremely shortsighted.

Imagine if Samsung invested in BB10 instead of TIZEN....

BB management has dropped the ball big time, no denying.

Heck I am still using a 5 year device and it's solid (z30)...

Pavlos
    Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. And then, soon Progressive Web Apps are to come and close the apps gap. I see a positive future, where no one will be "forced" to use only one of the two (iOS or Android). Hope BB will sees that too.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12986616

Even now if BB had introduced a decent device, even without ART, developers and people alike would have loved it.
    That's debatable. Maybe moving temporarily to Android and saving some money for the future was a good plan. I just hope that all this Android affair won't take too long.
    Last edited by joker333; 09-28-17 at 06:36 PM.
    09-28-17 06:24 PM
    TIZEN and it's growing, and you are extremely shortsighted.
    You might want to read the Wikipedia page about Tizen. It's solely developed by Samsung and only distributed on Samsung devices. And that only works because they already have a huge customer base. They did it to not be dependent on Google's Android and also to get a piece of the mobile ecosystem cake.

However, Tizen suffers from the same problem BB10 has: Nobody in his right mind wants to develop apps for that system when there's Android and iOS with a fantastillion more potential customers.

Even for smart watches. Android has Android Wear and Android developers can make small adjustments to their app and generate an app for Android Wear directly from the codebase of their Android app. Only few will go and develop an app for a Tizen smartwatch from scratch in a totally different programming language and ecosystem.

Also you might want to read this: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ulnerabilities

Even now if BB had introduced a decent device, even without ART, developers and people alike would have loved it.
    I hate to break it to you, but there are by far not enough BBOS "fans" and potential device-buyers to make this sustainable for BBRY. And with iOS and Android now having most corporate security features like forced encryption and remote wipe, and with more and more companies introducing a BYOD policy … that doesn't help the case.

Imagine if Samsung invested in BB10 instead of TIZEN....
    As if Samsung ever did great in terms of software. Look at that abomination they call TouchWiz. Look at their track record delivering security updates and bugfixes 3+ months late (only March this year they started delivering monthly patches to SOME devices).
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    09-28-17 07:36 PM
    So issue new phones with the old SoC that nobody makes anymore? And a browser that continues to deteriorate? How many true believers are left to buy such a thing?
    Governments and enterprises could have bought BB10 phones years ago. They didn't (other than maybe some appreciable number in Canada) So why would they suddenly buy these now?
    I would only add that our experience and one or two of our competitors was that BB was far from helpful in assisting us to return to BB. Have written elsewhere, but BB effectively turned down 1,000's of BB10 phones with us .... So, as I have said elsewhere, from 2014, perhaps even earlier, I do believe BB10 was merely a front, a straw man, a subterfuge while the transition was made to the current BB model.

It was a choice, but it makes all but certain there will never be another version of BB10
    09-28-17 07:46 PM
    And then, soon Progressive Web Apps are to come and close the apps gap
    Oh no. Not that pie in the sky again.
    john_v likes this.
    09-28-17 08:02 PM
    Don't take away my pie in the sky! It's going to be oh so tasty!

For the OP, BB10 and Android already coexist just fine. I double carry and use them both every day. Updates and apps? We don't need no stinking updates and apps!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-28-17 08:47 PM
    dont dream it

Posted via CB10
    09-28-17 08:48 PM
    The BB10 exercise cost BlackBerry billions of dollars.

To keep BB10 alive, with only bare minimum development, would cost 100,000 users no less than $5000 a year each + hardware.

Oh, and the Android Runtime would have to be stripped out due to OHA rules.
    (Wow $1 Billion, really?) Or as I would like to optimistically (or you might say irrational exhuberence) say, using your numbers: 10 million devices @$50/year (that is 0.01% of Global market, maybe i dunno <10% of Americas market by itself or I dunno wild-guess here... 2% of Americas-Euro-Mid-East-Africa-Australia (excluding india, china and far east)). Dual-boot should satisfy OHA-cartel. Hey if Norton and MacAfee can charge an annual fee for the desktop....bb10 couldn't as well for its extra security features? Hmmm....
    09-28-17 10:18 PM
    (Wow $1 Billion, really?) Or as I would like to optimistically (or you might say irrational exhuberence) say, using your numbers: 10 million devices @$50/year (that is 0.01% of Global market, maybe i dunno <10% of Americas market by itself or I dunno wild-guess here... 2% of Americas-Euro-Mid-East-Africa-Australia (excluding india, china and far east)). Dual-boot should satisfy OHA-cartel. Hey if Norton and MacAfee can charge an annual fee for the desktop....bb10 couldn't as well for its extra security features? Hmmm....
    They couldn't sell BB10 when devices were being sold at a loss without ANYTHING going towards the OS (let alone $50).

Now with an even further deprecated ecosystem and a stripped out Runtime, how do you think BB10 has become MORE desirable?
    glwerry likes this.
    09-28-17 10:21 PM
    ....funny thing, someone came running to me today to say they really loved the google voice-dictation for text messages....I laughed and demonstrated the same thing from a 2014 bb10 device....they were impressed and shocked BlackBerry had such a feature....

Not sure the runtime has to be stripped out though, might be desireable for some users as a user selectable option to disable it (for extra security), others not so much....not sure Google can compel them to do that anyways (since it doesn't have Play and Google-specific add-ons - Android itself is technically open-source ...so no I don't think they could compel Blackberry, but if so, that sticky wicket of the cartelly nature of Google /Android might be an impediment to being able to successfully force it to be removed from bb10.
    09-28-17 10:34 PM
    ..severely reduced available choice....makes it more desireable for one. Deulling the duopolies (of Apple /Google-Android). Examples: Beoing and Airbus......with niche players like Bombardier filling in some gaps quite well.
    09-28-17 10:52 PM
    It's probably just as well BlackBerry has stopped making phones. Boeing would only complaint that BlackBerry subsidised devices were harming it's greed... ahem... business.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-28-17 10:53 PM
    ....funny thing, someone came running to me today to say they really loved the google voice-dictation for text messages....I laughed and demonstrated the same thing from a 2014 bb10 device....they were impressed and shocked BlackBerry had such a feature....

Not sure the runtime has to be stripped out though, might be desireable for some users as a user selectable option to disable it (for extra security), others not so much....not sure Google can compel them to do that anyways (since it doesn't have Play and Google-specific add-ons - Android itself is technically open-source ...so no I don't think they could compel Blackberry, but if so, that sticky wicket of the cartelly nature of Google /Android might be an impediment to being able to successfully force it to be removed from bb10.
    The Runtime is contrary to OHA rules ONLY because BlackBerry also sells a Google-compliant OS as well. You can't do both.

But honestly, why are we having this discussion? BB10 couldn't be more dead if it had 10' of dirt shovelled on top of it.
    mbirth, john_v and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-28-17 11:11 PM
    Android had this since 2010/2011, so I don't know why someone would be "impressed and shocked" that BlackBerry had this in 2014...
    09-29-17 04:20 AM
    Let me ask you this: What is the extra security features BB10 had that people will be willing to pay for?????
    09-29-17 05:28 AM
    While I don't enjoy getting older, I do look forward to reading this subforum 3 to 5 years from now.
    john_v likes this.
    09-29-17 06:02 AM
    Where's the "Why BB10 went dodo & will never come back" sticky thread @blaze/Cbk/other mods. It would save time & brain cells IMO.
    09-29-17 08:38 AM
    Where's the "Why BB10 went dodo & will never come back" sticky thread @blaze/Cbk/other mods. It would save time & brain cells IMO.
    Unfortunately it wouldn't stop people from posting these kinds of threads.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    09-29-17 08:52 AM
    The Runtime is contrary to OHA rules ONLY because BlackBerry also sells a Google-compliant OS as well. You can't do both.

But honestly, why are we having this discussion? BB10 couldn't be more dead if it had 10' of dirt shovelled on top of it.
    Dead as a business,and with no future, with incremental loss of third party apps as APIs change and slow degradation of its browser as Web standards and resources requirements evolve.

But, it's also still working great for its core functions, and may do so for a few more years. I bought a Priv and a KEYone to be future proof, but still do most of my actual work on my Z10 or Passport. They are flat out top performers for email, messaging, writing, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. But I wouldn't recommend using them for the vast majority of Android apps.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    09-29-17 08:52 AM
    While I don't enjoy getting older, I do look forward to reading this subforum 3 to 5 years from now.
    We’ll be having the exact same discussion!
    john_v likes this.
    09-29-17 10:56 AM
    Android had this since 2010/2011, so I don't know why someone would be "impressed and shocked" that BlackBerry had this in 2014...
    ...any yet they were, all the same.
    09-29-17 12:02 PM
    I used this all the time in my HTC Rezound that shipped in 2011.
    09-29-17 12:10 PM

Brands that have come back from the dead (Brands mind you...)
    Six Brands That Have Come Back From the Dead | Fox Business

My favorite though that is not on their list, is Chrysler... with Lee Iacoca and his gutsy k-car (hey keyone?) and the Caravan.
    09-29-17 12:14 PM
    Even BBOS devices had this, speech to text/commands on mobile is probably over a decade old at this point.
    09-29-17 12:31 PM
76 1234