Sounds like you should be using the Remember app for your projects. You can send a load a photos to a new entry, and even take more photos from within the app, add videos, voice notes, other attachments etc. Give it a go.
    Thats actually not a bad idea as a work around. Thanks. If I link it to Evernote, I can then also organize the albums from my desktop. I suppose I just have to watch my Evernote quota though... The only drawback to this approach is it doesn't allow you to swipe to browse through the photos within a note. One at a time, hitting the back button each time to back out.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    03-13-13 12:29 PM
    Here's one of my favorite Albums...

Why can't we have a decent photo organizer?-img_00000307.png

And another one...

Why can't we have a decent photo organizer?-img_00000306.png

My wife really likes this one... (she doesn't have any cool albums like this on her iphone)

Why can't we have a decent photo organizer?-img_00000308.png

But probably the best one is this one... actually it's 4 separate albums...

Why can't we have a decent photo organizer?-img_00000309.png

Posted via CB10
    blueberrymerry and mikewpg1ca like this.
    03-14-13 10:56 PM
    I'm sure glad the crack team at BlackBerry put so much time and effort into the photo organizer.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 10:57 PM
    I still don't really get use with pictures app on Z10. You can't really view your SD card photos. File manager have way too many files involve but it is Good to organise things out. So while I was exploring around BlackBerry world, I found this app. Android base app if I'm not mistaken. It's not the best but not too bad either. Make it kinda easy for you to scroll around your gallery.
    Why can't we have a decent photo organizer?-img_00000085.png

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:07 AM
    Sounds like you should be using the Remember app for your projects. You can send a load a photos to a new entry, and even take more photos from within the app, add videos, voice notes, other attachments etc. Give it a go.
    Remember is not a photo album.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-17-13 05:39 AM
    Remember is not a photo album.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Yeah but the guy was making albums for work projects, remember can bring together a lot of info on a project, not just photos. Makes more sense using it.
    03-17-13 06:23 AM
    The only problem with Remember as a solution is that it doesn't allow for gallery type viewing where you can swipe from one photo to the next.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:56 AM
    It will so make sure you back it up first on your computer then transfer it back or sync using BlackBerry Link.

Edit, always always back up! SD cards do fail and don't last forever.
    When you say this do you mean backup the SD card using BlackBerry Link for the Z10 or backing it up using DeskTop Manager for the old BB and then transferring the photos to the Z10 using Blackberry Link?
    03-17-13 01:31 PM
    maybe PlayCloud 10 can help you... you can find a free release to test.

if you have questions or requests you can contact me (or use my thread)

Nicolas
    03-17-13 01:43 PM
    I chuckled because that is exactly what the now abandoned Symbian does.

They're talking about superseding Windows Phone or even Android and Symbian, but they are barely reaching the level of Symbian.
    03-17-13 02:01 PM
    When you say this do you mean backup the SD card using BlackBerry Link for the Z10 or backing it up using DeskTop Manager for the old BB and then transferring the photos to the Z10 using Blackberry Link?
    Desktop manager or simply just drag and drop, your media files will be deleted when you format the card anyway.
    03-17-13 02:54 PM
    Desktop manager or simply just drag and drop, your media files will be deleted when you format the card anyway.
    Ah ok, I do drag and drop mostly so I'll be doing that this weekend, YAAY can't wait!!!!!!!!!
    03-19-13 12:42 AM
    Just wondering if the OP managed to find a way around this?

I've got the same issue, where Photo Albums shows icons/images from all folders on my SD card (custom html pages etc), where I only want it to show items from Photos or Pictures.

Any luck?
    03-24-13 12:45 PM
    The File Manager is great, way better than the one on the Playbook. At the same time the thread starter is right. It is no replacement for the Photo Viewer. Back on OS 7 all was good. It was easy to create Folders in the Picture Viewer, move photos to these folders and even show the file properties and file name and date to easily travel through time and lots of photos. No need to switch back to the file manager. There was nothing left to be desired for me.
    I guess they ran out of time while creating it for BB10. If there is a button called "Albums" in the Picture Viewer, then there also should be an option to create Albums and to move photos to them. And because BBRY figured it out before in OS 7 it should only be a matter of updates to get back to the same level.
    So I hope.
    03-24-13 08:07 PM
    If there is a button called "Albums" in the Picture Viewer, then there also should be an option to create Albums and to move photos to them. And because BBRY figured it out before in OS 7 it should only be a matter of updates to get back to the same level.
    So I hope.
    There also should be the option to remove an image from the catalogue without deleting it from the phone. And you would need to be able to move images from one album to another without actually moving files or have the same image in multiple albums.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:02 PM
    I've got a quick question...

In the Pictures app, i've got 4 folders which show up as separate albums but one of the folders has sub folders (My Pictures from my computer synced with BB Link). When i look in My Pictures it doesn't recognize the sub folders as albums and opens all the thumbnails so i have to scroll through 4000+ pictures to get to the bottom....? Is there anyway to make it recognize sub folders so i can scroll through to the folder I want and then open it? I can't find anything in settings.. did i miss something? Or does the app only recognize 1 folder per album?
    04-13-13 11:57 AM
    I had the same problem. My resolution? Get rid of sub folders. Add the picture folders to Link and have it sync each folder separately. I now have a bunch if folders in my pictures app without worrying about sub headings.

Posted via CB10
    amarkj likes this.
    04-13-13 01:22 PM
    So while I was exploring around BlackBerry world, I found this app. Android base app if I'm not mistaken. It's not the best but not too bad either. Make it kinda easy for you to scroll around your gallery.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000085.png 
Views:	411 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	141822

Posted via CB10
    Hey DzarulAzwar, where in BBworld did you find it? I cannot locate it ... can you send me the link?
    Thanks
    12-13-13 12:17 PM
    I wouldn't mind the file manager if you could scroll through the pictures. You just can't

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 12:51 PM
44 12