I'm having an issue here with my Z10. Just reinstalled the OS with the auto loader for 10.2.1.3062

-Android apps restored through the BB Link restore won't run, they crash during loading
    -Installed Snap, downloads apps OK, but the apps hang during the Processing/Initializing screen. (The option to allow apps to be installed from other sources is enabled)

-Side-loaded apps through DDPB won't run, they crash during loading.

Any tips to get this working?

Thanks!
    04-29-15 12:16 PM
    You have to find a version of android runtime for your OS. Use DDPB or Sachesi to delete the one on your phone first. Then install the one for your OS. The issue is finding the right version. You maybe able to use Sachesi to find it.

Posted via CB10
    First get off 10.2 download a 10.3 autoloader install snap reinstall apps and your good to go

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:32 PM
    First get off 10.2 download a 10.3 autoloader install snap reinstall apps and your good to go
    The only reason I'm in this mess is because I updated to 10.3. Hated it and had to use an autoloader to drop back down to 10.2.

I'm on the exact same software release as I was previously when everything worked well.
    04-29-15 01:40 PM
    If you are down grading from 10.3.1, try unchecking android runtime while restoring from the Link backup. This means you have to wipe the phone or reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:41 PM
    I just went through a nightmare trying to get everything back through the restore. (It made a mess of my app icon sorting, didn't retain settings, etc...)

Why would I have to do that again? Why can't I just repair the Android runtime like I can reinstall Java on a PC?
    YeemanBB likes this.
    04-29-15 01:53 PM
    You have to find a version of android runtime for your OS. Use DDPB or Sachesi to delete the one on your phone first. Then install the one for your OS. The issue is finding the right version. You maybe able to use Sachesi to find it.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:18 PM
    Interesting. I'd have thought the correct one would have come with the OS...

Thanks. I'll look around.
    04-29-15 03:36 PM
    If you are down grading from 10.3.1, try unchecking android runtime while restoring from the Link backup. This means you have to wipe the phone or reload the OS.
    Where do I find the Android Runtime in the restore options?

Why can't I run or install any Android apps?-restore.jpg
    04-29-15 08:33 PM
    So in Sachesi I extracted the sys.android file from the 10.2 autoloader that I installed onto the phone.

Attempted to install the fresh sys.android just extracted from the autoloader, but got this message:
    android-10.2.1.157-nto+armle-v7+signed was skipped. Version 10.2.1.157 already installed

So as I suspected, the correct Android runtime is on the phone.
    04-29-15 09:00 PM
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Wipe device, install SNAP, install one of the apps that you currently cannot open. If it works, then install more.

DO NOT RESTORE ANYTHING UNTIL TESTING IS COMPLETED.

And yes, I meant to type all that in caps.
    04-29-15 09:17 PM
    I should be more precise, the filename is actually called BlackBerry Runtime. It is a huge file. You can't miss it if you look down the right column.

As for installing using Sachesi, I would try deleting the installed version first and then reinstalling.

The objective is to ensure that you have only one version installed and that version isn't the one the was restored from the 10.3.1 backup. I believe your problem is caused by the restored android runtime from 10.3.1. Obviously, the surest way is to reload the OS and don't restore the android runtime from the backup.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:32 PM
    The one Sachesi detected on my device was version 10.2.1.157
    I disabled the checkbox for only installing newer versions, and that allowed me to reinstall the same version I extracted from the 10.2 autoloader.

Rebooted phone, still the same problem.

So the runtime is the correct version, but I'm still unable to do anything with Android applications on the phone.

Seems silly I'd need to reinstall the entire OS again (what a hassle it was with recovering from the backup) to resolve this.
    04-29-15 11:06 PM
    Alright, I'll just wipe it again. Piece of junk.
    That'll teach me not to try any new OS updates.
    04-30-15 01:57 AM
    It's no wonder why people buy iPhones...

Reinstalled via autoloader - tried to sideload an Android app, works OK.
    Went to restore everything from the backup (sans BlackBerry Runtime)... 40 minutes later, device restarts and BB Link says the operation was cancelled. Once again have 10 pages of app icons I need to re-sort into folders and set up all my accounts.

Pathetic.
    04-30-15 03:04 AM
    Sorry for your frustration. Don't bother wiping. Just reload the OS with autoloader. It is the surest way to address your problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:11 AM