I was on a phone call with a client, handsfree speakerphone, and my client sent me a link to a video that they were refering to. They asked me to view it while we were on the phone and let them know what I thought. YouTube would come up and play a fraction of a second of the video, then stop. It contniued to do that everytime I hit the play button. I thought it was YouTube, so I tried another link to a video on another site, and a screen came up saying that the resources to play this video were in use by another app. But the only thing I had opened was the phone call and the link to the video. Is this a problem with the BB10 OS? Did they miss this during their testing?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks.
    04-15-15 03:52 PM
    Because it would attempt to output both audios through the same speakers, this makes no sense.

It's a very specific use case scenario they didn't think of, and honestly I don't blame them.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and miker476 like this.
    04-15-15 04:11 PM
    I remember one of my old old crappy Nokia phones being able to play music whilst on the phone and im pretty sure it was not powered by "qnx", multitasking efficient blah blah

So it was probably missed during testing

Posted via CB10
    milanorsx likes this.
    04-15-15 05:27 PM
    I really think it is a missing feature in BB10. We should be able play a video or music when we are in call.

SQN100-3 On The Rocks With 10.3.1.2726
    milanorsx likes this.
    04-15-15 07:24 PM
    Closed for review
    04-16-15 03:45 PM
    OK, lets start over again, without the bickering.

[INFO]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/INFO]
    04-16-15 03:56 PM
    OP,

To answer your question, this may have been missed during testing as it is unlikely to be a frequent use for the device. Or, it could be that it's not possible to run two sets of audio through a device's speaker set at the same time.
    04-16-15 03:59 PM
    The other potential improvement would allow us to play music and take a video. Again the use case is limited. It would be great to play music for the kids from the device and be able to video tape it and use it as leverage or else show it at their wedding. Anyway, I think this would be a great feature or at the very least once you finish video tapping the music would automatically start again.

Further details Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582 and using stock music app and native camera.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:43 PM