Hey there,

I'm using a Z30 and I purchased the device like 1 year back. Out of the box it had 10.1 and I had received the 10.2 update which was over 1GB and I could download it over the mobile network. I could download 10.3.1 with no problem but since 10.3.2 it asks me to connect to wifi saying the file is too large to download over a network.

I contacted my carrier regarding the issue and they said that they allow updates like that over the mobile network and if I cannot download so, my device manufacturer has omitted the ability.

I have an unlimited data plan so I am not bothered about data usage.

I do no use wifi so I had to use Sachesi to update my OS. BlackBerry Link is also not responding well, when I click update it completes upto a certain extent and gives an error. But last December I reloaded the OS using BB Link and it went well. It looks like the bug is with updating section.

How can I make my phone download OS updates over the mobile network?

My current version is 10.3.2.2639 and Software release is 10.3.2.2474
    The available update is 10.3.2.2836

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    01-20-16 07:32 AM
    I think you don't have wifi near you. No problem. Collect some wifi hot spots enable phone like android from someone, take out your sim and put it on Android like set. Then the remaining procedure is very simple. Your BlackBerry detect wifi and download the update.
    01-20-16 09:25 AM
    I think you don't have wifi near you. No problem. Collect some wifi hot spots enable phone like android from someone, take out your sim and put it on Android like set. Then the remaining procedure is very simple. Your BlackBerry detect wifi and download the update.
    The problem is not that I cannot update or anything. If the phone let me update over the mobile network previously, why not now?
    01-21-16 07:41 AM
    BlackBerry allows it. Carrier controls whether or not you can.
    idhbar likes this.
    01-21-16 07:56 AM