you'll be back one day.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Sure, when it starts to work properly. Until then, RIP.
    09-28-14 11:33 AM
    Well this thread was a waste of time.

OP: I can't use BBM unless I'm on WIFI

Crackberry users: Wipe the phone and reinstall OS to see if it works

OP: I don't want to do anything anyone suggests.

Now, what I would suggest is to call your provider back and ask them to escalate the issue to RIM, Blackberry. They have seen this issue before and can help your carrier fix the problem.

You also need to tell people what service you have, and which phone model. I may have missed it if you already mentioned it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:49 PM
    I had the same problem.
    My network had blacklisted bbm servers for a reason they couldn't tell me.
    I changed carrier, I can use BBM again

Posted via Z10
    09-28-14 03:17 PM
    I had the same problem.
    My network had blacklisted bbm servers for a reason they couldn't tell me.
    I changed carrier, I can use BBM again

Posted via Z10
    Yup. When you can access something on Wi-Fi but not through the carrier it is usually a carrier problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:48 PM
    My daughter's z10 did the very same thing on verizon. I called tech support and we decided that wiping the phone was the answer. Fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:58 PM
    Well this thread was a waste of time.

OP: I can't use BBM unless I'm on WIFI

Crackberry users: Wipe the phone and reinstall OS to see if it works

OP: I don't want to do anything anyone suggests.

Now, what I would suggest is to call your provider back and ask them to escalate the issue to RIM, Blackberry. They have seen this issue before and can help your carrier fix the problem.

You also need to tell people what service you have, and which phone model. I may have missed it if you already mentioned it.
    Posted via CB10
    Really cute, PHughes. I can answer with same BS:
    Crackberry users: I did not read nor understand your problem but because I must increase the number of posts I have made (mostly useless), I'll blabber on anyway.

This will not get us anywhere.

My carrier will NOT escalate sh**t to RIM/Blackberry because as mentioned before, they do not sell BB phones.

I'll waste my time doing that wipe BS when new version is out. BTW, this is not really a solution but more like a workaround for something that is wrong with the way update works.

Those must be some really strange settings, left behind form previous versions if only complete wipe can reset.

BTW, I need to find a PC that runs MS Windows and it's user has admin rights. This is actually the biggest hassle, believe it or not.
    09-28-14 05:26 PM
    The easiest way it's to put another sim card and see if it can connect to bbm.
    For example in my case, Noverca intentionally blocked the bbm servers "because we don't support blackberry"
    When I got that answer, I went to the competitor store, transfered my number and... magic! BBM worked!
    09-28-14 05:51 PM
    Crackberry users: I did not read nor understand your problem but because I must increase the number of posts I have made (mostly useless), I'll blabber on anyway.

My carrier will NOT escalate sh**t to RIM/Blackberry because as mentioned before, they do not sell BB phones.

I'll waste my time doing that wipe BS when new version is out. BTW, this is not really a solution but more like a workaround for something that is wrong with the way update works.

Those must be some really strange settings, left behind form previous versions if only complete wipe can reset.

BTW, I need to find a PC that runs MS Windows and it's user has admin rights. This is actually the biggest hassle, believe it or not.
    If you really considering on wiping your phone. You can do it with your phone without using a computer.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:40 PM
    The easiest way it's to put another sim card and see if it can connect to bbm.
    For example in my case, Noverca intentionally blocked the bbm servers "because we don't support blackberry"
    When I got that answer, I went to the competitor store, transfered my number and... magic! BBM worked!
    As I have mentioned before, BBM works fine on Android. (same carrier, same data plan etc)

Good idea. I'll see if another carrier lets me test their SIM. If this works, I'll change my carrier in a heartbeat after 15 years (I have been to too lazy to just walk away every time they **** me off).

PS! I understand most all of you are Microsoft OS users where "delete everything and restart" is like a magic potion that leaves you feeling all warm an fuzzy - "everything" is "fixed".

I also understand that for Microsoft users (probably Apple too), words like "bug", "feature", "fix" and "workaround" have always been concepts hard to grasp.
    Sorry, but I am not ready to drink "delete everything" Kool-Aid yet.
    09-29-14 01:22 AM
    I had the same situation. BBM worked on Android but didn't work on BB10.
    Probably BBM on Android uses a different server.
    Maybe BBM on BB10 wants to use the network BIS servers, and if their address are blacklisted (like on Noverca), it won't connect.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-29-14 02:40 AM

I'm glad you found it cute.

The problem is in the provisioning of the phone. If your carrier does not sell Blackberries, they will most likely not have the ability to provision it correctly. BBM on BB10 uses Blackberry services and BBM on Android does not, can not, since Android is not set up for it, it goes through the normal data structure and is routed from there.

There is still a very slight chance that a wipe and reinstallation of the OS may help. I would certainly try it before giving up. I would also try to contact RIM. I had a similar problem when connecting to Cellular at Sea when I first got a Z10, and RIM sent Cellular at Sea the provisioning information they needed. They may be able to do the same for your carrier.

Good luck.
    10-01-14 03:27 PM
36 12