01-31-15 04:57 PM
29 12
tools
    Does anyone else have this problem? When I connect to a bluetooth headset for a call and then hang up my music immediately starts playing through the headset.

Also, why is switching between devices such a pain. On iOS when I'm connected to my car I can push the audio button while I'm on the phone and switch back and forth between my car and my headset. With BB10 I have to go into settings>bluetooth and then push the device I want to switch to and a lot of times it won't even switch and will just say unsuccessful.

Right now I'm running the latest leak but I had the same problem when I ran the official OS. Does anyone else have these problems and is there a fix for it?
    01-21-14 06:46 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry hasn't noticed that bug yet.
    I would have to say it's a bug. Not an installation problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:50 AM
    It's a bug but not with BB10. I rent a lot of cars and switching from phone to audio is seamless, connection near instant. I'm running latest official OS, not leaks.
    I have noticed on some vehicles that are a bit older, it's not smooth as per OP's comments. I do then believe this issue is vehicle software specific with respect to BB10. My personal vehicle, for example has bluetooth for phone, but not audio. Audio must be wired.
    Overall, my bluetooth experience with BB10 has been outstanding and very responsive and keep in mind that with Bluetooth, it takes 2 to tango !

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:05 AM
    It's a bug but not with BB10. I rent a lot of cars and switching from phone to audio is seamless, connection near instant. I'm running latest official OS, not leaks.
    I have noticed on some vehicles that are a bit older, it's not smooth as per OP's comments. I do then believe this issue is vehicle software specific with respect to BB10. My personal vehicle, for example has bluetooth for phone, but not audio. Audio must be wired.
    Overall, my bluetooth experience with BB10 has been outstanding and very responsive and keep in mind that with Bluetooth, it takes 2 to tango !

Posted via CB10
    Well I drive a 2014 4Runner and it has phone and audio so I don't think it's what you said above.
    01-21-14 07:18 AM
    Are you saying you don't like it when you're listening to music, then place a call, and then the music immediately starts playing again when you hang up? Or does your music automatically start when hanging up regardless of whether you were listening prior to the call?

If it's the former, it's doing what it was designed to do. If it's the latter, it sounds like a bug, and you might want to close your music app (only have it open when you're using it) until a fix is found.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    01-21-14 07:24 AM
    It's definitely BlackBerry itself... devices (like cars) use open Bluetooth standards.

I have one device I cannot pair with - an Obdlink OBD2 device. This is not the usual $10 made in China toy but an expensive device (cost me over $200 when I got it a few years ago). I've never had problems connecting it to any Bluetooth device. This includes various Android phones and tablets, Windows XP laptop, Windows 7 laptop, Windows 8 laptop and a laptop running Linux Mint. Then along came my Blackberry Z10 and what do you know... it will pair but not connect with my Obdlink.

Definitely the BlackBerry

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-21-14 07:25 AM
    It's definitely BlackBerry itself... devices (like cars) use open Bluetooth standards.

I have one device I cannot pair with - an Obdlink OBD2 device. This is not the usual $10 made in China toy but an expensive device (cost me over $200 when I got it a few years ago). I've never had problems connecting it to any Bluetooth device. This includes various Android phones and tablets, Windows XP laptop, Windows 7 laptop, Windows 8 laptop and a laptop running Linux Mint. Then along came my Blackberry Z10 and what do you know... it will pair but not connect with my Obdlink.

Definitely the BlackBerry

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I had the same problem, ended up buying a WiFi OBD2 link and it works flawlessly (and much quicker)!! I've "heard" that BB is indeed aware of this issue and is working with a very well established developer (Ian Hawkins) to eliminate this issue. Like your 'Droid device, every once in a while, there will be a hiccup
    01-21-14 07:33 AM
    Are you saying you don't like it when you're listening to music, then place a call, and then the music immediately starts playing again when you hang up? Or does your music automatically start when hanging up regardless of whether you were listening prior to the call?

If it's the former, it's doing what it was designed to do. If it's the latter, it sounds like a bug, and you might want to close your music app (only have it open when you're using it) until a fix is found.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    It will start playing music when I hang up the call even with the music player closed. It has to be a bug within BlackBerry 10. I own an iPhone and an HTC One and the Z10 and Z30 are the only phones that do this.

Bluetooth switching is also a major pain. I should be able to switch from headset to car within the phone app instead of having to go into settings to disconnect one device to connect the other. It works seamlessly with iOS and Android, but for some reason with BlackBerry it takes extra steps to switch between devices. Hopefully they fix this as I primarily talk on Bluetooth in my car as we are required to by my company.
    01-21-14 09:02 AM
    I drive a boat, so disagree.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:28 AM
    I use a Q and an iPhone 5 in my car and my Q connects and disconnects automatically.

So does the iPhone. I have had 2 Q's and never had an issue

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:04 AM
    You can switch from headset to audio when your in call, fist you need to go to the dial pad while in the call, then click the blue tooth icon, that is the first one on top left corner of the dial pad, and select, from there you choose where you want the audio to come trough.

For your other issue I would go to blue tooth connection settings and check the configuration for your blue tooth device there, might be a setting in there, also might be a button in your device triggering for music to start when you push it ( this happens in my car with the call button triggers the music instead of the voice dialing)
    01-21-14 11:09 AM
    My car allows the switch via the on screen interface. Don't have to go into phone settings for that. Wierd.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:13 AM
    Your problem with the music playing is because of the way that your devices are interacting. I can't say which device is at fault for the behavior, but it definitely is your BlackBerry's reaction to the event that causes it. When you get a phone call, your phone is "disconnecting" from it's audio profile and giving preference to the hands free profile. When your phone call ends, it "reestablishes" the connection to the audio profile. In BB10, the establishment of the audio connection automatically triggers the media player.

Based on my experiences with 2 different BMWs with Bluetooth, I'd say the "problem" is the Bluetooth in your Toyota since the error doesn't happen for my mother or me. We both have Z10s. That doesn't absolve BlackBerry, because the other half of the "problem" is that you can't disable auto-launch of the media player. A simple toggle would fix this. On my old iPhone and my mom's old HTC, neither one auto-launched the media player when establishing a BT Audio connection, which I'm guessing is why you've never had the issue before BB10
    01-21-14 11:36 AM
    This has been the opposite for me, the BT on my Q10 works flawlessly all the time between being connected to my car handsfree (awesome parrot asteroid smart), my BT headphones and my mac for file transfer. My S3 which is also connected to my car handsfree at the same time on the other hand seems to be more of a problem than the Q10. I'm running 10.2.1.1055
    01-21-14 11:42 AM
    What OS are you using OP? I have never had this issue and I us bluetooth almost exclusively for calls. I use it with a bluetooth headset on the motorcycle for music as well and never had this issue. I have used linked to the stereo in cars without the issue. I am still on 10.1.0.2019. What bluetooth device? For just calls I use a Samsung HM7000.
    01-22-14 01:47 PM
    Move all your music / tones to the 'voice' folder. This will stop them coming through your speakers.

This however, is only good if you don't want your music coming through via blue tooth at all.

I had the issue where my ring tones would play in between my music on the device. By moving all the ring tones (that I've added) into the voice folder stops the music player playing them.

Not the best of things to have to do, but it works for me and may work for you.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 / Telstra
    01-24-14 07:58 AM
    To switch back to headset or vice versa just hit the audio button on the phone app, no settings menu

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803
    01-24-14 08:17 AM
    NFC tags would be a cool solution! Use a tag and have it toggle between the two. $12 for 10, shipped: Beautiful, High Quality NFC Tags - WhizTagsWhizTags

On another note, I have a 2013 Toyo too, and I found my $99 JVC deck in previous vehicle played nicer with BB10. So I do think Toyo may be at fault here too. The 2013 Toyo's don't support MTP over USB either, so you have to put phone in Storage Mode to use with the stereo with is pretty crappy of Toyota, seeing as Android devices now default to MTP as well. I also don't think Toyo's support Apt-X over bluetooth.***

Aaaannnddd I notice on iOS you can browse the music on the device from the head unit by hitting the 'folders' button. With BB, you can do this if connected by USB, but not over blue tooth. This is the case on my Z10, haven't tested on my Z30 yet (just got it).

o/t note:
    ***Having said all this, it could be the fact that my Toyo is a Access Cab Tacoma, and the option list for the vehicle was like it is from soviet russia compared to the rest Toyo's lineup (i.e., can't get heated mirrors, heated seats, no leather option, no speaker upgrades, etc.), so it wouldn't surprise me if they have a special junker head unit for that truck. Because when my friend was doing folder browsing over b/t with is iPhone we were in his Tacoma 4xHudderite which has way more bells and whistles.
    03-06-14 05:06 PM
    My BB10 hi-jacks the infotainment system in my car, a 2014 Toyota. No matter what I am listening to, satellite, FM, etc. the Z10 takes over and starts playing music until I go into the cars audio settings and reselect my original choice. This happens after the first couple of minutes I'm in the car. The media player will also take it unto itself to start playing on it's own, usually in line at the grocery store or in the waiting room at the doctor or dentist. It's easily the most annoying BB I've ever owned!
    07-13-14 05:13 PM
    My BB10 hi-jacks the infotainment system in my car, a 2014 Toyota. No matter what I am listening to, satellite, FM, etc. the Z10 takes over and starts playing music until I go into the cars audio settings and reselect my original choice. This happens after the first couple of minutes I'm in the car. The media player will also take it unto itself to start playing on it's own, usually in line at the grocery store or in the waiting room at the doctor or dentist. It's easily the most annoying BB I've ever owned!
    I have never had that happen with my Z10. It did happen once, with my 9850, right after I paired it with a new car, but I was able to change the settings. I don't use Bluetooth to play music (it drains the battery.) I just have a Walkman plugged in and hanging out in the console.
    07-14-14 11:05 AM
    Which OS version are you on? I found it became less invasive with 10.2. I have hopes that 10.3 will improve it again.
    07-16-14 11:51 AM
    Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 12:28 PM
    I *wish* there was a way for my music player to auto-play when it hooks up to my bluetooth audio in my car. :-(

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    07-16-14 12:40 PM
    NFC! is the solution for you.

I *wish* there was a way for my music player to auto-play when it hooks up to my bluetooth audio in my car. :-(

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    07-16-14 12:59 PM
    I have never had that happen with my Z10. It did happen once, with my 9850, right after I paired it with a new car, but I was able to change the settings. I don't use Bluetooth to play music (it drains the battery.) I just have a Walkman plugged in and hanging out in the console.
    Wait a minute wait a minute, hold the phone. ( pun intended) you use a WALKMAN? .... how do you get new music? Tape the tabs on a cassette and record the radio?

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    07-16-14 01:04 PM
29 12