Linux on the Desktop is pretty small (I say this as I type using Ubuntu 14.04 on a 27" iMac). There's just not that many people who run it yet. Server, you get, desktop...I'd love to see it, but don't expect to see it for a while.
    03-14-15 04:49 PM
    But doesn't Blend just give you file access? It isn't like you are getting BlackBerry Link on Linux.

Since you managed to get an Android VM working, do you use that to download APK files? If not, you can search Crackberry for a thread I did about a program that makes your PC look like an Android phone so you can download APK files. I run it on Opensuse, but I think it is cross platform. (I'm not at the desktop at the moment else I would name the program. )

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 06:23 PM
    It's a full Android OS. The full Play Store is here. Blend was downloaded from there (As some games for "testing" purpose ).

Again, it's working great. The only "issue" is that the VM took roughly 1,2Go of space, instead of the... what, 2Mo for Blend ? But, as you have root terminal access, you can strip down Android if you want.
    03-14-15 07:23 PM
    I Love BlackBerry, and I am Proud to say that

I feel sad that BlackBerry is Not Creating Softwares(Link,Blend..,) For Linux/UNIX Like Operating System's.

I know That Blackberry is So much in to Power Users and Professional's.

And Most of the Professionals are Working in Information Technology Field.

And Most of the IT Professional's are from IT Support. and I support Linux/UNIX Operating systems.

As per Wikipedia The below are the major Server's Market Share :-
    36.72 % - Debian/Redhat/CentOS
    30.18 % - HP-UX/AIX/Solaris
    33.10 % - Windows

And For a Regular Desktop i use Linux Mint/Ubuntu. Not Windows (I Hate Using the Next,Next,Finish) Options.

I agree that Link and Blend use Desktop Operating Systems. But There is a large number of Users using Dual boot in thieir Laptop/PC just to run BB-Link/Blend.

Why Can't BlackBerry make Software for Linux Users. So we Dont want to install Windows for BB-Link/BB-Blend.

Note:- I tried Blend and Link Using Linux Wine. but i dont like the way it work's and its too laggy
    Right there with ya brotha!

The only thing I use Windows for anymore is playing Guild Wars 2 and the BlackBerry software if I need to wipe my device. Everything else I do in Linux. It's annoying too, because I have Linux on a speedy 30GB SSD and Windows on a traditional HD... slooooow.... and there's the kicker, with all the programs I use installed, GNU/Linux takes up about 7GB. With no software installed, Windows 7 64bit takes close to 30GB.

if only Arenanet and BlackBerry would make Linux clients. Neither of their software runs worth a damn using Wine.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8980596) likes this.
    03-14-15 08:42 PM
    Too bad that they didn't make a web-based version so as long as the required browser security is enabled it could then run on different operating systems.
    03-14-15 09:39 PM
    My "vote" os for Link and Blend to work fully with Linux / Ubuntu. I truly hate when I have to boot into Windows... especially Windows 8.

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    03-14-15 10:05 PM
    It really shouldn't be hard to support all the major platforms. (I really don't want to deal with Unity and Canonical in general.)

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:54 AM
    It really shouldn't be hard to support all the major platforms. (I really don't want to deal with Unity and Canonical in general.)

Posted via CB10
    As a person who has made a C++ game for Linux, I can tell you that it's not a big deal to have software run in many different distributions. I've compiled and run my game on something as old as Ubuntu 8.04 and something as simple, yet modern as Slackware 14.1. That's without having to modify a single line of code. Just install the dependencies, compile, and enjoy!

It all boils down to the awesome use of libraries in GNU/Linux. Pretty much all software for GNU/Linux and BSD is made such that it is completely independent of distributions. To think otherwise is to buy into FUD spread by people who don't know any better or people with a personal agenda.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 11:54 AM
    Link would be a binary. I would use Google Earth as an example of a widely distributed Linux program. It was at one time a posix binary. You had to have IIRC the posix shared memory enabled, then you just did a chmod +x on the doenload. (Posix shared memory is just a tmpfs. Why it isn't a default on a desktop disty is odd since I don't recall it being very big.) I'm drawing a blank on how exactly I did the last GE install on Opensuse. I think I just clicked on a link.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:38 PM
    Did anyone try Blend for Android in Chromes new ARC Welder? Mine's hanging at the test your app step but maybe someone is having more luck. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kkmkngdoccbadn

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:34 AM
    I completely agree with OP's statement.

Security Matters - sent via BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1
    04-02-15 05:58 AM
    Did anyone try Blend for Android in Chromes new ARC Welder?
    Tested with ARCHon and Twerk (post above), no success on Chrome. Works perfectly on an Androidx86 VM though.
    04-02-15 06:20 AM
    You do know that Qt and KDE stuff work on another desktop or even bare X11 without desktop environment, don't you?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Then you do know that KDE Connect depends on Plasma, runs as a kded and requires the KDE System Settings panel to configure it. Of course, you can try to run it on GNOME, but then you'll be running KDE over GNOME, plain and simple.
    06-04-15 09:00 PM
    Same reason app developers avoid BB10. It's all about adoption rate. With BB10 below 1% worldwide it is difficult to get some developers interested. So Linux/Unix must have extremely low desktop adoption rate. Then combine that with how many that have Linux/unix desktop and have BB10. Now that will be a very tiny number and BBRY has far more limited resources, both manpower and $, compared to all other platforms.
    06-05-15 08:45 PM
139 ... 456