I am at a point where I am using more Microsoft stuff than google as far as services and am starting to wonder why BlackBerry is in such a rush to get in bed with google when they done support Google Play Services.
    I have on my Passport all my Google contacts, calendars and maps synced but is that enough and is the battery drain acceptable for the Android apps? More and more I am relying on Microsoft and it works.

Browser:
    We just had a little bump where no one could load the Google images from the search and forced us to use Bing briefly but to my surprise the later worked better.

Pictures and Docs:
    I back up all my pictures to the Onedrive cloud solution and when I create or edit documents in Docs To Go I can instantly retrieve them or save them to the Onedrive easily.

Email:
    I am thinking of moving all my contacts over to my Outlook account since that's the primary email I use anyway due to the fact I like the Folder system better than Gmail's system.

Calendar:
    I am also thinking of transferring all my Google calendar info to the Microsoft calendar and having one solution. If google isn't going to give me what I want why should I use their service and share my info when the same service exists with Microsoft.

Maps:
    I did the work around to have my Google Maps synced and working but I see the side effect of the battery drain from Maps and Google Account manager popping up in the background often. Again I see Microsoft is rolling out their Bing Maps soon and thought wow that would be a great solution if allowed to install. I don't mind the BlackBerry Maps only I prefer to have my info backed up to a cloud so I can reference or edit anywhere and I won't loose the data.

Remember:
    My Tasks and Notes are also synced with Microsoft just fine and works great so they seem to be my solution across the board with the exception of maps currently.

Conclusion :
    So in the end why we push for and chase Google Services when the workarounds are feeble and cumbersome on the power consumption when the Microsoft option seems to fit better I don't know. I kind of wish now that BlackBerry would allow Microsoft apps to load and see if the perform better. When Bing maps comes out I would love to be able to install on my phone and be able to sync to the cloud.

I'm not sure if it's Google not allowing their services on BB10 or its BlackBerry? What I do know is when you limit your service to a select few like Apple does then you will see people drifting to platforms with more freedom *** they did to Android. Not that BlackBerry is a large enough player yet but if we are forced to wait or never get Google Play Services and Microsoft makes a deal with BlackBerry that would be interesting.

What are your thoughts and do you feel the same?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 06:17 AM
    Maybe because Android has over 50% of the pie (marketshare) and Windows has a paltry 3%? If I'm in the business of making money (or at least trying to), I know who I'd be siding with!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    07-07-15 06:38 AM
    I think, reason is that WP is unable to customize the way as BB need. I mean message hub, touch gestures, etc...
    07-07-15 06:51 AM
    Maybe because Android has over 50% of the pie (marketshare) and Windows has a paltry 3%? If I'm in the business of making money (or at least trying to), I know who I'd be siding with!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.2205
    This is true and it makes more people able and aware of the company gain but going forward is I guess what I'm looking at.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:08 AM
    I think, reason is that WP is unable to customize the way as BB need. I mean message hub, touch gestures, etc...
    Not sure what your meaning is? Are you talking about if BlackBerry wanted to make a windows phone? I wasn't referring to that topic if so, more on the integration.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:10 AM
    Windows phone / windows 10 mobile lack of customization options.

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    07-07-15 07:11 AM
    Because Windows didn't want to build a Skype app promptly. We're still holding grudges lol. Honestly though, it's because going to windows from BB10 would do nothing for them.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:21 AM
    Because Windows didn't want to build a Skype app promptly. We're still holding grudges lol. Honestly though, it's because going to windows from BB10 would do nothing for them.

Posted via CB10
    Well I wonder if it's possible to allow apps from two different platforms to be installed. That would be a nice trick and an attractive feature. It would be nice if they get the Bing Maps right.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:28 AM
    A BlackBerry device with the Android OS is an unsubstantiated rumour at this point!

Please join the discussion about the possibilities, here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1026964/
    07-07-15 07:44 AM