10-01-16 10:22 AM
56 123
tools
    In corporate environments it's mostly "reply all" till nobody understands what the email is about.
    The target group of blackberry is the prosumers in corporate environments. This can be the reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 10:26 AM
    It would be far better if the big blue default on every screen where it appears learned what action you usually perform over time and switched to default to that.

That would be smart, so even if BlackBerry's own choice was dumb for you it would fix itself over time.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    09-14-15 10:44 AM
    It would be far better if the big blue default on every screen where it appears learned what action you usually perform over time and switched to default to that.

That would be smart, so even if BlackBerry's own choice was dumb for you it would fix itself over time.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    I don't think that would be a good idea. SOMEONE (I GUARANTEE!), will be screaming here because yesterday the blue button replied to sender, and today they hit it and it replied to ALL, causing great embarrassment.
    Isn't it easy enough to just learn that the blue one is reply All, and the reply to sender only option is the one next to it? Is it REALLY that hard? Is the blue just too impossible to resist or something?
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-14-15 01:27 PM
    I'm one of the ones saying it's hard to ignore the big blue highlighted default when it's not what I usually want to do, just saying I would find it more useful if it learned how I personally use the phone instead.

As always an option to enable the learning functionality would be the best way.

Having said that the Windows UI has since XP in 2001 learned the apps and programs you frequently use and put icons for them in the Start menu, replacing ones you rarely use, and that didn't cause the world to stop turning because they weren't there last time.

baspeed likes this.
    09-15-15 03:13 PM
    Having said that the Windows UI has since XP in 2001 learned the apps and programs you frequently use and put icons for them in the Start menu, replacing ones you rarely use, and that didn't cause the world to stop turning because they weren't there last time.

That's a bit different though. If you bbm or email a lot, you stop reading what a button is. And the big blue button you'll hit the wrong state eventually.

In the case of an app icon on a start menu, it's a different use case - I never use the bloody thing anyway for common apps. There is no default app button, and app launch buttons are very very rarely an atomic action but a trigger for a series of actions. Moreover the favs list etc always change so I don't use them. I pin what I use and search otherwise... but that's just me. I press Reply All probably 40->50 times a day. I click on run an app 2->3.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-21-15 02:28 AM
    It's not just stupid it's rude. And totally out of character with an otherwise awesome operating system

Reply-all by default just promotes email spam. Almost never does everyone need to hear your reply or comment. If you truly want a 10 way conversation join a whatsapp group - and why are Blackberry letting that app expire BTW.

Now you don't even get reply as a secondary button it's in the 'further menu' button.
    How hard can it be to change this as an option, it's far too easy to say something embarassing not realising you've copied everyone.
    10-01-16 10:22 AM
56 123