Let's chalk it up that it's built in Canada and I'm American so to me it obviously would have been set differently right lol

I'm into sales where I get questions every day and have to reply to the questioner. I almost made a mistake and replied to all when I shouldn't have the other day.

I'm happy with reply to the left where I don't have to extend my big finger to center.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:07 AM
    When has BlackBerry actually cared about what we think?
    Both the Calendar and Contacts apps have been poorly executed in OS10 since it's launch.
    Have they fixed them in 3 years?
    No. Although they did find a way to f_ck up the Calendar even more in OS10.3.1.
    Forget about your complaints and get used to it or move to another phone.
    BlackBerry is a company that is completely out of touch. As are their delusional fanboys.

Posted via CB10
    So why are you wasting your time on here then?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:10 AM
    I noticed that you can hit the button even if the mail has only one sender. So you only "reply".
    If there are many CC and BCC, then all recieve the relply. It is better than making the error not to reply to all if intended!
    So, it is better than the reverse variation where the default is to concentrate to remember to reply to all.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    You made my point with making mistakes.

Doesn't really matter now because we all be going to Android soon. I believe BlackBerry 10 is at its end of a good run. I'm starting to get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:10 AM
    It should really adapt to each user's frequent actions. Just like how the To: field gets populated with frequent email recipients, and the Share framework presents tiles proportional in size to the frequency of the contacts.

It should adapt between, reply, reply all, forward, maybe even 'file/archive'.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    09-13-15 07:18 AM
    Whenever I reply to an email that has multiple participants, I always consider who I want my reply to go to. Sometimes all, sometimes not. I then choose the appropriate button at the bottom. I really couldn't give a crap which selection is blue, or in the middle, or whatever. I can read the labels on the choices, and actually learned quite readily where they are. It's a compete non-issue for me. That's my input on the matter.

Edit: for the record - on work related group emails, I generally Reply All. There is usually a reason all those people are included. It's a matter of record, as well as keeping certain people in the loop. On personal group emails, I often Reply Sender - because it's an RSVP or something to a group invite.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 09-13-15 at 07:46 AM.
    09-13-15 07:31 AM
    I prob would use once a month
    Doesn't make sense to me

Also I don't like that scrolling within emails with the space bar, it's not precise enough and I always ned to scroll back up manually

And while 'complaining' I totally miss the arrows on emails, that I had answered!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:11 AM
    You can't please everyone, but judging from the replies here it seems that most reply to all when there are multiple recipients, so BlackBerry made the right general choice.

I don't think it's a Canadian thing either.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:27 AM
    Business etiquette requires that you respond in kind. If the original sender felt others were in a need to know position then it follows that they are in a need to know when it comes to the reply.

If the response is critical or private then you need to reply to all in a general response and follow up with a personal message to the original sender.

The fault is not BlackBerry but perhaps the senders, in not selecting the proper group of recipients.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:43 AM
    At least when being blue I would like it smaller, see the point on etiquette...but it eats up sreen space for reading mails

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    09-13-15 10:55 AM
    Still haven't heard any good reason for it being the default. Let's call it what it is. It's not silly it's stupid.
    It's not stupid at all. You know most email clients use this same reply to everyone gesture, by default?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 11:42 AM
    It's not stupid at all. You know most email clients use this same reply to everyone gesture, by default?

Posted via CB10
    I take back the word stupid. When I typed that I may of not had coffee yet. The Canadian thing was a goof. Joke

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 11:54 AM
    I find that to be the most dangerous button in the whole BlackBerry OS!!

Many times in group emails I need to respond to just 1 recipient with sensitive information and therefore never ever use "Big Blue" just in case!!

They should allow us to change Big Blue to what we prefer within any given app, music or remember for example. Should be easy enough to do as we can already change the quick delete/file buttons in the hub.

Robertino  Passport
    baspeed likes this.
    09-13-15 11:54 AM
    Having reply all as the big blue button is genius and shows that BlackBerry knows how business professionals reply to e-mails.
    After over a year of using my Z30, I do not think there was once where I used "Reply" instead of "Reply All".
    09-13-15 12:39 PM
    I prob would use once a month
    Doesn't make sense to me

Also I don't like that scrolling within emails with the space bar, it's not precise enough and I always ned to scroll back up manually

And while 'complaining' I totally miss the arrows on emails, that I had answered!!!

Posted via CB10
    About scrolling with space bar...
    Shift+Space scrolls back

Oh and with the letter "T" you come directly back to the "top" of the text field.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    09-13-15 12:54 PM
    There is no good reason. It is stupid. Make a petition to BlackBerry, I feel there are much more pressing matters like assistant not working in EU, and dark hub, better contacts and calendar... add all that to the petition too.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    First of all make a petition to continue with BlackBerry OS development.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    baspeed likes this.
    09-13-15 01:21 PM
    To me it just seems one of those things meant for niche users and 1% sales of email-centric Blackberry certainly is as exclusive as it gets. More often than not, BB users can be found together in business environment where lot of collaborative emails are flying back n fourth.
    I for one certainly make good use of 'reply all' on my work emails as I tend to not use my personal email on my Passport even though it is my personal purchase. But that is just me I guess.
    09-13-15 01:37 PM
    [QUOTE=anischab;11920070]About scrolling with space bar...
    Shift+Space scrolls back

Oh and with the letter "T" you come directly back to the "top" of the text field.

Well I was talking within an email - when I tab the space button, it scrolls down a bit to far, so when reading an email, I always have to scroll back up again just a little bit usually it's one or sometimes two lines, that I miss...and additionally the blue button overlaying the normal field also covers words or signs or letter at times ...

I don't like it how it is, it should match the field of the field!

I have a PP so shift and space does not work anymore, but I can scroll on the pkb ;-)
    09-13-15 05:26 PM
    Anyone else wonder why the "reply to all" is the default big blue button when replying to emails? I can't be the only one who replys to single emails and hardly ever reply to all.

Is there a way to change this button to "reply"?

Posted via CB10
    I suspect it's assumed that if you were included on a discussion involving multiple people that your response would most likely also be germane to the discussion with multiple people.

If the sender expects replies to be individualized they should probably be using a BCC.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-13-15 05:43 PM
    BlackBerry is a company that is completely out of touch. As are their delusional fanboys.

Posted via CB10
    Yet here you are, posting on a BlackBerry forum.
    09-13-15 05:54 PM
    Reply to All is a vital default option! Communicate with many teams in a corporate environment requires the Reply to All action hundred times a day!

Posted via CB10
    slade632 likes this.
    09-13-15 05:59 PM
    Completely not sure why people debate this. In the office it is quite important to reply all so that all participants on the email are informed...

It is far too open for failure if people don't have enough information.

There are fewer instances in which failure occurs when people have too much information.

Hence why reply all is the "default" or highlighted option

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-13-15 06:06 PM
    Highlightend and default - fine, just a bit smaller
    @ all

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 07:15 PM
    Having reply all as the big blue button is genius and shows that BlackBerry knows how business professionals reply to e-mails.
    After over a year of using my Z30, I do not think there was once where I used "Reply" instead of "Reply All".
    I'd also prefer 'Replay All' as the default. But I wouldn't mind if BlackBerry allows this to be configurable.

For example, long pressing the reply button and then marking it as the default? BlackBerry could also experiment by learning user's behaviour. If the reply button was chosen most of the time, could it pompt the user whether he or she wants to set it as the default action?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 08:31 PM
    I'd also prefer 'Replay All' as the default. But I wouldn't mind if BlackBerry allows this to be configurable.

For example, long pressing the reply button and then marking it as the default? BlackBerry could also experiment by learning user's behaviour. If the reply button was chosen most of the time, could it pompt the user whether he or she wants to set it as the default action?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is their API framework. Once a signature item has been set Cascades doesn't allow you to change it dynamically for a user. They need to fix their API's to make them properly configurable

(I was trying to make the signature item configurable in TextEdit for this very reason)

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-13-15 11:44 PM
    If an email is sent to me and several others, 99% of the I want to reply to all. If an email is sent only to me, replying to all is the same as replying to just one.

For me, the button makes the most sense the way it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 04:44 AM
56 123