Anyone else wonder why the "reply to all" is the default big blue button when replying to emails? I can't be the only one who replys to single emails and hardly ever reply to all.

Is there a way to change this button to "reply"?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:12 PM
    Yep it's kinda silly, and no it can't be changed, it's the Signature Action for some reason
    baspeed likes this.
    09-11-15 04:15 PM
    Isnt it the same with that iApple phone?

Passport 10.3.2.798
    09-11-15 05:49 PM
    Still haven't heard any good reason for it being the default. Let's call it what it is. It's not silly it's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    09-11-15 06:10 PM
    Still haven't heard any good reason for it being the default. Let's call it what it is. It's not silly it's stupid.

Posted via CB10
    There is no good reason. It is stupid. Make a petition to BlackBerry, I feel there are much more pressing matters like assistant not working in EU, and dark hub, better contacts and calendar... add all that to the petition too.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-11-15 06:22 PM
    The big button still kills me.
    It should have at least been a squircle.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    peter0328 likes this.
    09-11-15 06:42 PM
    I use it all the time. Why would it be stupid? It only takes about 5 seconds to get used to it and to understand the reply to sender is literally next to it on the screen...

Unless your business is constantly sending tons of memos to a ton of employees all the time, I can't understand the frustration of it?
    09-11-15 11:31 PM
    Yep, completely agree.

When I had that OS installed, before downgrading, it too was one of the few things I liked. I can't count the number of times in a day I must forward or reply all. Most days, do that more than reply to a single person....
    09-12-15 01:08 AM
    I use it all the time. Why would it be stupid? It only takes about 5 seconds to get used to it and to understand the reply to sender is literally next to it on the screen...

Unless your business is constantly sending tons of memos to a ton of employees all the time, I can't understand the frustration of it?
    I bet 90% of us DO NOT REPLY TO ALL and to make that the default button makes little sense to me personally. Can you give me one reason besides YOU BOTH using it all the time that having it the default?

My opinion of it being stupid is my opinion. We still can have an opinion in this world right, or has the world taking that right away from us too?

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-12-15 06:25 AM
    That would be an interesting poll as I too think the reply all being default makes more sense.
    If I'm included in a multi person email and need to reply, it's almost always to all. If it's not to all it's because I'm selectively removing one or two persons in which case it's still reply to all then remove them.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 06:54 AM
    The right thing to do when you reply to an email is to include all the recipients. It's both bau and it's polite.

Posted via CB10
    slade632 likes this.
    09-12-15 07:18 AM
    I don't mind it that much.

Being on my Classic I just hit the keyboard shortcuts for either reply or reply all.

But for those on BlackBerry touch devices I could see how this could be a little annoying.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:24 AM
    At least it wasn't set as "Share | BlackBerry Travel". Count your blessings.

In all seriousness, I hadn't thought that could be an issue for others because most of my email communication calls for reply to all....and we all know, the universe revolves around me. That's my use case!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:35 AM
    That would be an interesting poll as I too think the reply all being default makes more sense.
    If I'm included in a multi person email and need to reply, it's almost always to all. If it's not to all it's because I'm selectively removing one or two persons in which case it's still reply to all then remove them.

Posted via CB10
    I reply about 100 mails a day and I agree with you. My action by 98% is ''reply to all ''

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-12-15 10:37 AM
    I think I realized why reply is not in the center and default. BlackBerry makes things easy so they place it on the far left so one doesn't have to reach to the center to reply to an email.

BlackBerry makes things simple. Will these things be carried over to Android on the new Slider?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:51 PM
    If we're going to drill down into the metrics of what type of reply is used more frequently, the real question needs to be "How many people are responding to individual recipients of emails that are sent to multiple recipients?"

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    slade632 likes this.
    09-12-15 11:49 PM
    If we're going to drill down into the metrics of what type of reply is used more frequently, the real question needs to be "How many people are responding to individual recipients of emails that are sent to multiple recipients?"

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    This is it... of the people who raised the original question or say that it is "silly", are you replying to an email sent only to you? Because, in this case, "reply all" would do the same thing as "reply" and in the case that there were multiple recipients, then I believe that it is more common to reply to everyone.

By this logic, the "reply all" button would be most often the one that you would use. I know that it works for me 95 percent of the time. As mentioned, the only time that I would not use it is when replying to an email that was sent to multiple recipients and I only want to reply to the sender. This is the least common of any of my email replies so I am quite content with the current setup being as it is.
    09-13-15 12:15 AM
    Repy all makes more sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Reply to all makes more sense. There's a reason other people are copied on the email. I don't like it when I copy someone on an email and one person replies only to me. That will happen more often if single reply was the default. Also, if you receive an email from a person and no one else is copied in, then reply to all will still just go to that one person. Obviously.

Posted via CB10
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    09-13-15 12:43 AM
    There is no good reason. It is stupid. Make a petition to BlackBerry, I feel there are much more pressing matters like assistant not working in EU, and dark hub, better contacts and calendar... add all that to the petition too.

When has BlackBerry actually cared about what we think?
    Both the Calendar and Contacts apps have been poorly executed in OS10 since it's launch.
    Have they fixed them in 3 years?
    No. Although they did find a way to f_ck up the Calendar even more in OS10.3.1.
    Forget about your complaints and get used to it or move to another phone.
    BlackBerry is a company that is completely out of touch. As are their delusional fanboys.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 12:56 AM
    Reply all makes more sense, so even if you have an email only addressed to you, you can still hit reply all which acts the same as just reply.

I use it all the time and am glad it is the default action

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 02:52 AM
    I agree. Reply to all makes more sense. There's a reason other people are copied on the email. I don't like it when I copy someone on an email and one person replies only to me. That will happen more often if single reply was the default. Also, if you receive an email from a person and no one else is copied in, then reply to all will still just go to that one person. Obviously.

Posted via CB10
    I see your point and change mine.

09-13-15 03:20 AM
    I agree. If I receive an email with others copied I will almost always need to reply to the group or, at least, a majority subset of the group the original email was sent to.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639
    09-13-15 06:56 AM
    I agree... I once replied to the sender only... it is good as it is now!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    09-13-15 06:59 AM
    I noticed that you can hit the button even if the mail has only one sender. So you only "reply".
    If there are many CC and BCC, then all recieve the relply. It is better than making the error not to reply to all if intended!
    So, it is better than the reverse variation where the default is to concentrate to remember to reply to all.

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    baspeed likes this.
    09-13-15 07:02 AM
56 123