Starting in 10.3 I noticed little features started disappearing and continued into 10.3.1

- I can no longer select individual text in SMS or BBM. I can only "copy message". What the heck is up with that? Earlier versions of the OS I could copy text all day long in SMS, and in later versions of BBM, they finally allowed us to copy individual text . This is HUGE!

- Being able to tap anywhere on the screen to activate the shutter while in the camera was AMAZING!!! Not having to find a button to activate the shutter was the best! the LG G3 is now capitalizing on this feature as they added it and BB took it away. Way to blend in like everyone else BB

- Tap the screen anywhere during an incoming call to silence the call. No need to find a little silence button or fiddle with the Volume buttons and them accidently hit the mute and now my music is playing! Why take that out? That was an amazing feature!

Briefly in either 10.1 or 10.2 I was able to delete a song in the "now playing" list. So that if a song comes on that I do not want on my phone, I can delete it right then and there and move onto playing the song. I didn't have to go hung the song down in another screen. That disappeared in 10.2.1. How can that be taken away? I think that is a no brainer

There are a few more that I need to remember and write down, but these are the main issues.

Anyone else finding out that features they loved are being removed?
    11-20-14 06:14 PM
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:17 PM
    I don't like the "tap anywhere to silence call" because one can miss a call when the phone is in in a pocket or in contact with any capacitive object.

I agree with the "tap anywhere" camera shutter.

Posted via CB10
    satchit, david7saad, GSM-S and 1 others like this.
    11-20-14 06:45 PM
    I agree with all of these except the camera one.

I love House Music and go to House Events all the time, later in the night when I'm a wreck, I'll be recording a video waiting for a drop and I touch the screen by accident and the video stops recording. Happens so often.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:49 PM
    Camera should be restored.

Text selection makes sense in a security aspect but makes no sense as you can still copy the message lol

Silence I understand my girlfriend misses a lot of calls pre10.3

And agreed with ability to delete what I want when I want.

In Squircle I Trust
    11-20-14 08:48 PM
    Camera should be restored.

Text selection makes sense in a security aspect but makes no sense as you can still copy the message lol

Silence I understand my girlfriend misses a lot of calls pre10.3

And agreed with ability to delete what I want when I want.

In Squircle I Trust
    How did she miss calls?

And YES to the squicle! I miss that soooooo much!
    11-20-14 09:34 PM
    I agree with all of these except the camera one.

I love House Music and go to House Events all the time, later in the night when I'm a wreck, I'll be recording a video waiting for a drop and I touch the screen by accident and the video stops recording. Happens so often.

Posted via CB10

To stop video, I can see that. But to take a picture or even start recording, tap anywhere on the screen is so much better.
    kbz1960 and Pcmx like this.
    11-20-14 09:36 PM
    I don't like the "tap anywhere to silence call" because one can miss a call when the phone is in in a pocket or in contact with any capacitive object.

I agree with the "tap anywhere" camera shutter.

Posted via CB10

Like what kind of object?
    11-20-14 09:36 PM
    Starting in 10.3 I noticed little features started disappearing and continued into 10.3.1

- I can no longer select individual text in SMS or BBM. I can only "copy message". What the heck is up with that? Earlier versions of the OS I could copy text all day long in SMS, and in later versions of BBM, they finally allowed us to copy individual text . This is HUGE!

- Being able to tap anywhere on the screen to activate the shutter while in the camera was AMAZING!!! Not having to find a button to activate the shutter was the best! the LG G3 is now capitalizing on this feature as they added it and BB took it away. Way to blend in like everyone else BB

- Tap the screen anywhere during an incoming call to silence the call. No need to find a little silence button or fiddle with the Volume buttons and them accidently hit the mute and now my music is playing! Why take that out? That was an amazing feature!

Briefly in either 10.1 or 10.2 I was able to delete a song in the "now playing" list. So that if a song comes on that I do not want on my phone, I can delete it right then and there and move onto playing the song. I didn't have to go hung the song down in another screen. That disappeared in 10.2.1. How can that be taken away? I think that is a no brainer

There are a few more that I need to remember and write down, but these are the main issues.

-to select text just a quick tap on the word should allow for this.

-this wasnt a new feature to the industry. many phones can activate the shutter anywhere on the screen, LG isnt "capitalizing" on it

-I think the silence feature should be an option to enable or disable however the user desires
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-20-14 09:48 PM
    -to select text just a quick tap on the word should allow for this.

-this wasnt a new feature to the industry. many phones can activate the shutter anywhere on the screen, LG isnt "capitalizing" on it

-I think the silence feature should be an option to enable or disable however the user desires

The double tap works on SMS, thank you. But does not work in BBM

- I have never seen any other phone/OS tap anywhere on the screen besides BB10 and the LG G3. I've always seen a button to tap. And LG is capitalizing on it by marketing it as an awesome new feature. At the very least, make it an option to choose between the two.

- I agree, at least make it make it an option. can't be that hard,
    On1john likes this.
    11-20-14 09:57 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1 and in bbm I can only copy a message, not individual words.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:10 AM
    I'm on 10.2.1 and in bbm I can only copy a message, not individual words.

Posted via CB10
    Must be BBM then.

When BB10 first came out, you could only copy whole messages, then a few updates later you could select individual text. It appears they removed that feature from BBM again.

I just don't understand!
    11-21-14 12:14 AM
    Must be BBM then.

When BB10 first came out, you could only copy whole messages, then a few updates later you could select individual text. It appears they removed that feature from BBM again.

I just don't understand!
    Double tap on a message and the text selector will appear so you can copy a portion of text in BBM
    11-21-14 12:42 AM
    Must be BBM then.

I just don't understand!
    Could also be a unreported bug and not a removed "feature ".

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:23 AM
    Concur in concept OP.

Why give then take away?

I'm sure there are many more features stripped or changed for the worse, while some are added or improved as we move to 10.3 and beyond.

BAD Change:
    "Growing Numbers" in the calendar removed after 10.2.1 - discussed in a thread or two.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    11-21-14 01:37 AM
    Yeah, for texts just tap the text..double tap.

Posted via CB10 edit, never mind
    11-21-14 02:05 AM
    Double tap on a message and the text selector will appear so you can copy a portion of text in BBM
    Another user suggested that a few comments ago. It only works in SMS and BBM Groups. Not in individual BBM chats.
    11-21-14 09:10 AM
    Another user suggested that a few comments ago. It only works in SMS and BBM Groups. Not in individual BBM chats.
    If it was in there before I'm suspecting that it's a unreported bug. They may not know about the issue of nobody mentioned it to them.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 11-21-14 at 04:12 PM.
    11-21-14 09:50 AM
    That's the behavior I have on 10.2.1, doesn't make a difference if the BBMs are within the hub or not.
    11-21-14 09:59 AM

1. If true, agree.
    2. Disagree. Isn't it better to be able to set where to focus the camera? And you can snap a pic by the on screen snap pic button or a volume button, just like a real camera.
    3. Disagree. Sometimes your call will be silenced by accident. Not good. Plus, that's just nit picking isn't it?
    4. On that music one, I don't know what you're talking about as I use iHeartRadio.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:34 PM
    Agree with op

But the second 2 points should be options

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-07-14 03:48 PM
    These aren't features I'm too concerned about but I do see your point.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 03:57 PM
    I never liked the "tap anywhere to take a pic" for a few reasons:
    1. When recording a video, it was too easy to accidentally stop it
    2. It was a pain to explain to people how to use it whenever you want them to take a pic of you
    3. I was always tapping by accident on the focus rather than the other sections to take a pic. So I'd miss the pic opportunity

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:11 PM
    Can't screen shot the lock screen

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    12-07-14 04:58 PM
    If you wanna Silence a call, try the volume keys. I always use them. It works on my 10.2.1. Don't know about 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:08 PM
58 123