I love the feature while taking a video, Tap to capture

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:11 PM
    Agree with OP exept for 'tap to silence a call'.
    12-07-14 07:18 PM
    This issue came up when BlackBerry changed the call screen in 10.2.1. According to Michael Clewley, a lot of these changes have to do with refining the OS and removing so called 'decision points', that being things like the camera that cause the user to have to unnecessarily pause to figure out how to perform a function.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:27 PM
    For camera, I like the button. I had too many unintended takes. But let's say we should have choice.. make it an option.

Posted via CB10
    stinckyfoot likes this.
    12-08-14 02:09 AM
    Agree with camera not having dedicated button!

Posted via CB10
    stinckyfoot likes this.
    12-08-14 09:47 AM
    If it was in there before I'm suspecting that it's a unreported bug. They may not know about the issue of nobody mentioned it to them.

Posted via CB10
    They don't do any testing themselves?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-08-14 09:59 AM
    I also miss being able to tap anyone to take a picture.

Posted via CB10
    stinckyfoot likes this.
    12-08-14 11:18 AM
    Can't screen shot the lock screen

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    That's new, I was able to do it as of 10.3.1.821.
    12-08-14 12:29 PM
    Can't screen shot the lock screen

Posted via cb10
    That's new, I was able to do it as of 10.3.1.821.
    I don't know about .821, but this actually started with 10.2.1, and you still can't in 10.3.1.1154. So, this is not new.

However, there is a way around it. You have to start a song or something in the media player, you can even pause it, then lock the phone, then you can take a screenshot of the lock screen by simultaneously pressing the up and down volume buttons. This trick does still work with .1154.
    menshawy likes this.
    12-08-14 03:25 PM
    This issue came up when BlackBerry changed the call screen in 10.2.1. According to Michael Clewley, a lot of these changes have to do with refining the OS and removing so called 'decision points', that being things like the camera that cause the user to have to unnecessarily pause to figure out how to perform a function.

Posted via CB10
    Very smart of them in this case. It's true, unnecessary pauses aren't good.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:51 PM
    Very smart of them in this case. It's true, unnecessary pauses aren't good.

Actually, when my friend was using my phone to take a pic, on 10.3.1 he had no problem, on 10.2.1 he didn't know how to.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:52 PM
    I don't know about .821, but this actually started with 10.2.1, and you still can't in 10.3.1.1154. So, this is not new.

However, there is a way around it. You have to start a song or something in the media player, you can even pause it, then lock the phone, then you can take a screenshot of the lock screen by simultaneously pressing the up and down volume buttons. This trick does still work with .1154.
    I apologize if I'm incorrect about screenshots in 10.3.1.xxxx, I don't have anything recent recent to refer to. However, screenshots have always been allowed up to and including 10.3.x, because I was running a 10.3 variant when I posted in this thread.

Edit: lock screen shots work.

Attachment 319519
    Attachment 319520
    12-08-14 04:23 PM
    I apologize if I'm incorrect about screenshots in 10.3.1.xxxx, I don't have anything recent recent to refer to. However, screenshots have always been allowed up to and including 10.3.x, because I was running a 10.3 variant when I posted in this thread.

Edit: lock screen shots work.

Attachment 319519
    Attachment 319520
    Maybe we are sort of agreeing. But the straightforward way of simply pressing both volume buttons to get a screen shot does not work on the lock screen. Not on my Z10 stl-3 running 10.3.1.1154, and hasn't since 10.2.0 which, I think, was the last OS that could do it. I can press both buttons all day long on the lock screen and nothing will happen.

But, it could be done if you have media playing, or paused prior to going into the lock screen. That's always been the known workaround.

There are several threads about this and the workaround dating back to over a year ago.

Now, it may depend on the device too. The stl-1 treats the volume buttons differently (it doesn't reboot by holding them down for a long time like it does for the other three Z10 models) and may function differently for screen shots too.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:15 PM
    Maybe we are sort of agreeing. But the straightforward way of simply pressing both volume buttons to get a screen shot does not work on the lock screen. Not on my Z10 stl-3 running 10.3.1.1154, and hasn't since 10.2.0 which, I think, was the last OS that could do it. I can press both buttons all day long on the lock screen and nothing will happen.

But, it could be done if you have media playing, or paused prior to going into the lock screen. That's always been the known workaround.

There are several threads about this and the workaround dating back to over a year ago.

Now, it may depend on the device too. The stl-1 treats the volume buttons differently (it doesn't reboot by holding them down for a long time like it does for the other three Z10 models) and may function differently for screen shots too.

Posted via CB10
    You might be onto something with the hardware differences - I'm Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1154 and screenshots work without any hoops and/or tricks, except for that one time earlier today. Not sure what that was other than Murphy's Law in effect.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:26 PM
    I don't think changes in how to achieve an objective isn't "removing IMPORTANT features".

First one I understand, 2nd two, not so much.

So much dramatization

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:26 PM
    Index removed from Contacts.

Calendar colours removed.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 11:54 AM
    Didn't voice control used to "auto punctuate" on 10.2.1?
    Assistant does a better job of recognizing words (except "bins" lol) but now, when you say "period" it enters a ".".. should be a toggle, auto punctuate vs spoken punctuation

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-09-14 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes the features confused iSheep so they were removed; even though some of them were a lot better then how did it.

Posted via CB10
    stinckyfoot likes this.
    12-09-14 07:38 PM
    Index removed from Contacts.

Calendar colours removed.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's stupid. I have 570 contacts. An index can definitely help....that being said, the search feature usually removes the need for the index...but not always

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:40 PM
    What do you mean by "index"? That alphabet list on the right edge where you can drag to the letter you're looking for? I still have that in 1154.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:21 AM
    What do you mean by "index"? That alphabet list on the right edge where you can drag to the letter you're looking for? I still have that in 1154.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what they meant by index

But just noticing.. on passport, the scroll bar isn't there.. smh
    (still there in the music app though)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-10-14 12:04 PM
    They removed that 'tap the screen to silence' the ringer feature? Dagburnit, I liked that. Some hate it, some love it, it should be an OPTION, not removed. Grrr.
    stinckyfoot likes this.
    12-10-14 12:59 PM
    If you wanna Silence a call, try the volume keys. I always use them. It works on my 10.2.1. Don't know about 10.3.

Posted via CB10

The problem with this is that I accidently hit the mute button and play the music.

It was so much easier to tap the screen.

I felt this was one of the features that set BB apart. A lot of people I showed that too loved it. They didn't have to fumble around with keys or a tiny virtual button
    12-10-14 07:32 PM
    They removed that 'tap the screen to silence' the ringer feature? Dagburnit, I liked that. Some hate it, some love it, it should be an OPTION, not removed. Grrr.
    I concur. The code is already there, just add to it, don't remove it.
    12-10-14 07:37 PM
    1. If true, agree.
    2. Disagree. Isn't it better to be able to set where to focus the camera? And you can snap a pic by the on screen snap pic button or a volume button, just like a real camera.
    3. Disagree. Sometimes your call will be silenced by accident. Not good. Plus, that's just nit picking isn't it?
    4. On that music one, I don't know what you're talking about as I use iHeartRadio.

Posted via CB10

2. You can focus wherever you wanted before. you hold on the focus box and move it where you wanted. I felt tap the screen was a feature that set it apart from the other guys.
    3. How would silence it by accident? To me it isn't. If I forget to put my phone on silent or vibrate, and it goes off in a meeting, I don't want to fumble for a physical button (then accidently tap the mute button and unmute my music) or tiny virtual button. Being able to quickly tap the
    screen and mute it was a nice feature and I felt set it apart from the other guys. People loved that feature when I showed them that.
    12-10-14 07:43 PM
58 123