BB10 isn't dead, yet. There will come a day when BB10's already-dated browser finally packs in. Don't say that we can get alternative browsers from BBWorld, as they're just different front-end's and it's the Webkit that is outdated (back-end). If BlackBerry doesn't keep that webkit updated (which I don't believe they will), then the Web browsing capabilities of BB10 will run into some serious compatibility issues (which it already is doing).

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    Like I've pointed out many times if you run into an issue with the stock BB10 browser you can get Browsie Browser and change the search engine in Setting to Firefox. This will solve all ailments even works perfect for Google+.
    You stand corrected. One more point I'd like to make is that even Chrome on Android has issues with specific webpages the render perfectly on BB10. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 08:23 AM
    Like I've pointed out many times if you run into an issue with the stock BB10 browser you can get Browsie Browser and change the search engine in Setting to Firefox. This will solve all ailments even works perfect for Google+.
    You stand corrected. One more point I'd like to make is that even Chrome on Android has issues with specific webpages the render perfectly on BB10. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    I stand corrected? You don't seem to grasp the concept of the webkit.

03-01-17 01:19 PM
    I stand corrected? You don't seem to grasp the concept of the webkit.

This is true I do not grasp WebKit at all but I do know I have absolutely no issues browsing the Internet on any webpage

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 01:33 PM
    This is true I do not grasp WebKit at all but I do know I have absolutely no issues browsing the Internet on any webpage

Posted via CB10
    Webkit is the engine which renders webpages. In time (maybe 1 year, maybe ten years) certain web standards will evolve enough that certain elements of web pages will stop properly working on older webkit variants.

That's the problem with an any software that has to interact with the rest of the world, but receives no or very little updates: you run the risk of the world moving too far ahead of you.

In your specific example you say you set the setting to firefox. What if in X years, firefox receives an engine update as well. Developers will start using new tech when targeting firefox. You will also receive web pages including new tech and the BB10 webkit engine will not know how to interpret it.
    03-02-17 05:30 AM
    Webkit is the engine which renders webpages. In time (maybe 1 year, maybe ten years) certain web standards will evolve enough that certain elements of web pages will stop properly working on older webkit variants.

That's the problem with an any software that has to interact with the rest of the world, but receives no or very little updates: you run the risk of the world moving too far ahead of you.

In your specific example you say you set the setting to firefox. What if in X years, firefox receives an engine update as well. Developers will start using new tech when targeting firefox. You will also receive web pages including new tech and the BB10 webkit engine will not know how to interpret it.
    Thanks brother for taking the time to explain, it's appreciated.

With that said I do realize that my Passport won't last me years without the backing from BlackBerry and I am doubtful that if there is another update that it will hold any benefit for us like the last one. If my Passport lasts me just two more years with acceptable web browsing I would be extremely happy with that.

Posted via CB10
    blackbp likes this.
    03-02-17 07:33 AM
    Thanks brother for taking the time to explain, it's appreciated.

With that said I do realize that my Passport won't last me years without the backing from BlackBerry and I am doubtful that if there is another update that it will hold any benefit for us like the last one. If my Passport lasts me just two more years with acceptable web browsing I would be extremely happy with that.

Posted via CB10
    I think 2 years is a reasonable time to expect an acceptable web browsing experience. New standards take a while to actually see widespread use.
    03-02-17 07:54 AM
    I use it now, so not that dead. And as long things are working it is alive.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 08:06 AM
    Have been using BlackBerry 10 os since 2016 august and hell it is the best os on planet earth.
    Well, we have used BlackBerry 10 since 2013 so we know how it works. Although I must agree that it is one of underrated OS ever, it certainly isn't the best.
    03-02-17 08:21 AM
    Lack of effort from BB, lack of support to developer. Lack of marketing,lack of willpower etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 09:44 PM
109 ... 345