And damn good executives who believe in the company.

Burning money isn't always the solution.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    02-21-17 12:02 AM
    Yup no one in big markets watched the Super Bowl.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    How many years ago was that? And how memorable was that ad? And what percentage of people were using the toilet or talking to their neighbor or taking a nap when the ad played?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:58 AM
    They won't even keep up with apps that once worked but now won't. Eg. Snapchat, Blend on an Android tablet etc.
    Sad days ahead.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:08 PM
    I'm posting this from my BlackBerry Q10 running a "dead" OS.

My phone must be a ghost.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    02-22-17 03:57 PM
    I'm posting this from my BlackBerry Q10 running a "dead" OS.

My phone must be a ghost.

I can also post from my Symbian OS device with tapatalk, but you know that's not what people mean.
    02-22-17 04:05 PM
    Yeah we all love bb10. I think that's the reason the majority of us are apart of this unique community but we all need to face the facts that the os at this current time isn't going to be developed any further.

Hopefully there's some maintenance done to it but nothing has really been promised going forward. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 04:20 PM
    How many years ago was that? And how memorable was that ad? And what percentage of people were using the toilet or talking to their neighbor or taking a nap when the ad played?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but when someone says "no one wants BB10" aren't you the first in line to speak to the contrary?
    02-22-17 04:21 PM
    I can also post from my Symbian OS device with tapatalk, but you know that's not what people mean.
    Words have meanings. According to dictionary.com, the definition of the word "dead" is:

Adjective
    1. no longer living; deprived of life
    2. brain dead
    3. not endowed with life; inanimate
    4. resembling death; deathlike
    5. bereft of sensation; numb
    6. lacking sensitivity of feeling; insensitive
    7. incapable of being emotionally moved; unresponsive
    8. (of an emotion) no longer felt; ended; extinguished
    9. no longer prevalent, as in effect, significance, or practice; obsolete
    10. no longer functioning, operative, or productive
    11. not moving or circulating; stagnant; stale
    12. utterly tired; exhausted
    13. (of a language) no longer in use as a sole means of oral communication among a people
    14. without vitality, spirit, enthusiasm, or the like
    15. lacking the customary activity; dull; inactive
    16. complete; absolute
    17. sudden or abrupt, as the complete stoppage of an action
    18. put out; extinguished
    19. without resilience or bounce
    20. infertile; barren
    21. exact; precise
    22. accurate; sure; unerring
    23. direct; straight
    24. tasteless or flat, as a beverage
    25. flat rather than glossy, bright, or brilliant
    26. without resonance; anechoic
    27. not fruitful; unproductive
    28. Law. Deprived of civil rights so that one is in a state of civil death, especially deprived of the rights of property
    29. Sports. out of play
    30. (of a golf ball) lying so close to the hole as to make holing on the next stroke a virtual certainty
    31. (of type or copy) having been used or rejected
    32. Electricity.
    a. free from any electric connection to a source of potential difference and from electric charge
    b. Not having a potential different from that of the earth
    33. Metallurgy.
    a. fully killed
    b. unresponsive to heat treatment
    34. (of the mouth of a horse) no longer sensitive to the pressure of a bit
    35. noting any rope in a tackle that does not pass over a pulley or is not rove through a block

Noun
    36. the period of greatest darkness, coldness, etc.
    37. the dead, dead persons collectively

Adverb
    38. absolutely; completely
    39. with sudden and total stoppage of motion, action, or the like
    40. directly; exactly; straight

Idioms
    41. dead in the water, completely inactive or inoperable; no longer in action or under consideration
    42. dead to rights, in the very act of committing a crime, offense, or mistake; red-handed

No, I really don't know what people mean when they say "BB10 is dead" unless they elaborate. And even then, the interpretation of the word and which definitions they use is highly subjective.

From my perspective, the "obsolete" and "stagnant" connotations of the word "dead" come close, but still do not accurately describe BB10. Not yet, anyway.

02-22-17 04:35 PM
    Yeah but when someone says "no one wants BB10" aren't you the first in line to speak to the contrary?
    I think my point has been that people might have wanted a number of bb10 devices -- particularly the Passport and the Z30 -- if they knew they existed and knew BlackBerry was still in business.

Also, I agree that BlackBerry would have been more successful with a Z50 than the Priv(vy). In fact, I feel confident about this given what a flop Blackdroid has been... especially the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 06:33 PM
    I don't think we can call BB10 dead when BlackBerry is selling new devices and has promised another update. It is accurate to say we can be confident that BlackBerry 10 will die in the next few years.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 06:36 PM
    I don't think we can call BB10 dead when BlackBerry is selling new devices and has promised another update. It is accurate to say we can be confident that BlackBerry 10 will die in the next few years.

Posted via CB10
    Have you heard any specific mention of 10.3.4 in about a year?
    02-22-17 06:49 PM
    BB10 is not dead! Blackberry is selling passport for $229! Get it while supplies last! You can also buy their extended warranty for your bb10.
    02-22-17 06:58 PM
    I think my point has been that people might have wanted a number of bb10 devices -- particularly the Passport and the Z30 -- if they knew they existed and knew BlackBerry was still in business.

Also, I agree that BlackBerry would have been more successful with a Z50 than the Priv(vy). In fact, I feel confident about this given what a flop Blackdroid has been... especially the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Always the same nonsense about marketing. Even if anybody beyond us BlackBerry fans actually wanted BB10, the reality of their balance sheet was that developing BB10 essentially burned up all their cash. As people left pre-BB10 devices for other phones including BB10 devices, it killed their future cash flow. BB10 never provided a recurring type revenue to replace BIS revenue. No cash meant no oxygen, the company hardware business was doomed as it moved off BIS revenues.
    Ronindan likes this.
    02-22-17 07:12 PM
    I thought the Passport can do split screen multitasking: "work wide". Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    02-22-17 07:29 PM
    I thought the Passport can do split screen multitasking: "work wide". Am I missing something?

That's just one app.
    02-22-17 07:52 PM

No--but you can purchase THE app called WorkWide which will allow you to use web browser, text messaging, email composing, notepad, calculator, picture viewer, txt viewer, or Blaq (twitter) and any combo of the two together side by side.
    02-22-17 07:58 PM
    No--but you can purchase THE app called WorkWide which will allow you to use web browser, text messaging, email composing, notepad, calculator, picture viewer, txt viewer, or Blaq (twitter) and any combo of the two together side by side.
    I appreciate the clarification and tip. I am an expectant Passport SE owner.

02-22-17 09:36 PM
    That's just one app.
    Okay thanks

02-22-17 09:36 PM
    Always the same nonsense about marketing. Even if anybody beyond us BlackBerry fans actually wanted BB10, the reality of their balance sheet was that developing BB10 essentially burned up all their cash. As people left pre-BB10 devices for other phones including BB10 devices, it killed their future cash flow. BB10 never provided a recurring type revenue to replace BIS revenue. No cash meant no oxygen, the company hardware business was doomed as it moved off BIS revenues.
    If you thought that made sense, you are mistaken.
    02-23-17 02:44 AM
    If you think that makes sense, you are correct.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    02-23-17 05:19 AM
    If you thought YOU made sense...
    02-23-17 05:37 AM
    BB10 isn't dead, yet. There will come a day when BB10's already-dated browser finally packs in. Don't say that we can get alternative browsers from BBWorld, as they're just different front-end's and it's the Webkit that is outdated (back-end). If BlackBerry doesn't keep that webkit updated (which I don't believe they will), then the Web browsing capabilities of BB10 will run into some serious compatibility issues (which it already is doing).

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    02-23-17 06:25 AM
    How so? Please elaborate. Remember though, it has to have been actually probable, like explain where BlackBerry would actually get hard cash to actually spend on your strategy(s).....
    02-23-17 01:39 PM
    How so? Please elaborate. Remember though, it has to have been actually probable, like explain where BlackBerry would actually get hard cash to actually spend on your strategy(s).....
    I believe he is of the opinion that it should have been an all in devices strategy. That means no investment in Good, Securesmart, or any of the other software aquisitions that Blackberry has made.

Frankly, it's either one or the other. All evidence, of course, suggests that the devices strategy would have been a complete failure. Kinda like bashing your head up against the wall thinking that it would go better than the last time.
    02-23-17 01:52 PM
    I believe he is of the opinion that it should have been an all in devices strategy. That means no investment in Good, Securesmart, or any of the other software aquisitions that Blackberry has made.

Frankly, it's either one or the other. All evidence, of course, suggests that the devices strategy would have been a complete failure. Kinda like bashing your head up against the wall thinking that it would go better than the last time.
    If the investment had been made in 2006 and 07 I agree. BlackBerry would have had a chance. Instead BlackBerry wasted tons of time because of the idiotic 2 CEO structure. They needed to understand the "Who moved my Cheese" issues that hit every company that refuses to innovate soon enough. No amount of money spent in 2013, 2014 or 15, could overcome the amount of time wasted by the co CEOs.
    02-23-17 06:56 PM
109 12345