Here's what I'm hoping to be able to do -

I like archiving most of my emails and it's easy to do on BB10. If you have the proper settings in Gmail online, deleting a message on BB10 actually archives it into one of several "labels" which I'll call folders. If gmail sees it as a Social, Updates, Promotions, Forums stuff, it will file into one of those categories. If none of those apply, it will just go into All Mail. All of that would be fine, except the All Mail folder is not viewable on BB10 and any search or remote search returns zero results every time. Also, it's impossible to actually file any message directly into the All Mail folder, which I would like to use as an archive. I've had to create a separate folder (label) and manually file stuff in there, but then it's not in the same folder as messages I archive when I'm on web version of gmail.

Outlook.com solves all of this, but I'm so entrenched with Gmail and have been for years. Outlook.com shows me my Archive folder right on my BB and remote searches have returned results as much as three years old. I'm just not ready to switch everything to Outlook.com - I prefer Gmail and their calendar.

Does anyone know how to view the All Mail folder on BB10 and also file messages directly into that folder?

Thanks!
    12-08-14 12:06 PM
    You can't view the "All Mail" folder from Gmail on a BB10 device. The All Mail is a filter or view within Gmail that pulls in all mail not in the spam or trash labels. All labels that you create as a user can be viewed on device, as can the messages in Inbox, Trash, and Spam, if you wish.

I work around that by using a label/folder I called "Archived", for those messages that don't belong under one of my specific folders. I also have my Gmail set up to delete to trash when I delete on device. So, my device and Gmail are always in perfect sync.
    12-08-14 02:07 PM
    Right - I do have a folder called BBFiled that I put everything in when on my Q10, but then when I use the Archive function in webmail, it goes into the All Mail folder and nowhere else. I'll have to change the name to something more universal like All Archives and just move stuff in there manually when on web gmail. Not quite seamless like Outlook.com, but might work for now.

Still have the issue of never being able to find anything via Remote Search. Can you ever find anything with that search?
    12-08-14 02:32 PM
    Right - I do have a folder called BBFiled that I put everything in when on my Q10, but then when I use the Archive function in webmail, it goes into the All Mail folder and nowhere else. I'll have to change the name to something more universal like All Archives and just move stuff in there manually when on web gmail. Not quite seamless like Outlook.com, but might work for now.

Still have the issue of never being able to find anything via Remote Search. Can you ever find anything with that search?
    Re remote search -- 10.2 does not support remote search for IMAP accounts, such as Gmail. 10.3, I'm told does. I can't confirm. Although I'm running a 10.3.1 leak, I have all my Gmail syncing to the device and get no return for remote searches. The two may be working at cross-purposes.
    12-08-14 03:24 PM
    Re remote search -- 10.2 does not support remote search for IMAP accounts, such as Gmail. 10.3, I'm told does. I can't confirm. Although I'm running a 10.3.1 leak, I have all my Gmail syncing to the device and get no return for remote searches. The two may be working at cross-purposes.
    That's what I thought, until I tried a remote search on my Outlook.com mail and it found everything I searched for, going as far back as 2011 stuff.
    12-08-14 03:27 PM
    That's what I thought, until I tried a remote search on my Outlook.com mail and it found everything I searched for, going as far back as 2011 stuff.
    Outlook.com is an ActiveSync account, not IMAP. ActiveSync accounts have had remote search in 10.2 for a while.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-08-14 03:42 PM
    Remote search works well on my passport (using Gmail and work Microsoft account). I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to though

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:47 PM
    Remote search works well on my passport (using Gmail and work Microsoft account). I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to though

Posted via CB10
    If you're using Gmail via IMAP (the free version), that seems to answer the OP's question. Thanks.
    12-08-14 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    hmmm, I can't find anyting via remote search on my gmail account.
    12-08-14 04:30 PM
    Outlook.com is an ActiveSync account, not IMAP. ActiveSync accounts have had remote search in 10.2 for a while.
    I thought ActiveSync required some kind of desktop sync running or Exchange on the server. I'll have to catch up on the technology.....
    12-08-14 04:31 PM
    hmmm, I can't find anyting via remote search on my gmail account.
    I can confirm that Remote Search works on Gmail account (free one) on OS 10.3

If I recall correctly, on OS 10.2.1 remote search only works on Outlook account. But on OS 10.3+ Gmail and Yahoo (free ones) support remote search.

Why am I unable to find anything via remote search, unable to view All Mail folder?-img_20141209_062650.png

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:37 PM
    I can confirm that Remote Search works on Gmail account (free one) on OS 10.3

If I recall correctly, on OS 10.2.1 remote search only works on Outlook account. But on OS 10.3+ Gmail and Yahoo (free ones) support remote search.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141209_062650.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	319523

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that, maybe I'll wipe the whole thing and load with autoloader. Having a couple of other new bugs appear, so might be good to just nuke it and start fresh and see.
    12-09-14 10:41 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1 and I'm getting no results when I search my Gmail remotely. I make it a habit of archiving my mail, and I cannot see the 'All Mail' folder from any of my BB10 devices, so I assume that's the cause.

Any suggestions on how to make this work properly?

Cheers!
    12-14-14 06:44 PM