Given Murphy's Law, i happened to have a new SIM from a local operator switch the very same night that last version of OS got uploaded to my Z10 STL-100-1. So I don't know if the problem is related to one or the other.

The fact is that, with new OS in place and new SIM too, I cannot start tethering, not hotspot.

Both say:

"Cannot start Mobile Hotspot due to a temporary network problem. Please try again later"

My operator is Parlem, from Catalonia.

Curiously enough, I switched SIM's with a job mate to test hotspot and tethering and both options worked well in both devices: My Blackberry was able to start hotspot and tethering with his SIM and his Nexus 5 was able to start tethering and hotspot with my SIM. And a laptop was able to use both to connect to the internet.

My phone company has told me they put no restriction to tethering or hotspot and I should contact BB for a solution. I have not done it yet as I know they are going to ask me to contact my phone company.

In fact I understand the way to solve it is that Parlem contact Blackberry or Blackberry contact Parlem and I don't see it happening.

Anyway, does anybody has a clue of what could be going on? I am pretty sure APN is correct.
    03-09-15 07:54 AM
    Are you able to access mobile Internet on the BlackBerry phone with the same sim card?
    If yes then it's the issue with the phone only.
    Check if you have deactivated the allow other devices to connect tab.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-09-15 09:35 AM
    The only place I found in settings about Allowing connections is in Device Connections. Both options there (Allow connections? and Use cell net? I suppose, my phone is in catalan) are switched on. Yet, as I said, when putting another sim from another operator the connection worked without problems. Both operators (mine and Orange) uses the same network.
    03-10-15 09:43 AM
    My radio version is 10.3.1.2244 Is it the one that is with the last oficial update? Could this be causing the problem?
    03-10-15 09:56 AM
    Not sure if you have LTE or not, but try disabling the LTE and see if the hotpot works.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:54 PM
    Check the APN settings in Mobile Network / Mobile data...

If it uses the other SIM's connection settings, it won't work. It can get stuck on these settings, keep them or simply doesn't adjust to the new one once it's inserted.

Hope that helps... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-10-15 08:57 PM
    the phone connects to the internet. And APN is correct. APN... "internetmas", no user, no password. It is the same configuration I use with that same SIM in android and works. I tryied the SIM both in a 10.2.1 Q10 and 10.3.1 Z10 with same result. No connection.
    03-17-15 03:20 AM
    My radio version is 10.3.1.2244 Is it the one that is with the last oficial update? Could this be causing the problem?
    I hesitate to say it but I had that hotspot error message issue after the 10.3.1 update was rolled out by my carrier, Bell, here in Canada. On Friday I got a small update of 82 mb taking me to 10.3.1.2558 and now the radio version is 2559.

No more mobile hotspot issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:56 AM
    Thank you Patrick for the info. I upgraded my phone yesterday to SO 10.3.1.2573 and Radio 2577 (Software version 10.3.1.1779) but the problem reminds.

escreen:// tells me I have 7 LOGICAL CONNECTIONS in DATA SERVICES, those being INTERNET, CARRIER_APPS, CARRIER_ADMIN, RIM_ADMIN, A_GPS, MMS and SOFTWARE_UPDATE. All except MMS are configured equal (for what I see). MMS is empty. Could some logical connection be missed?
    03-19-15 04:30 AM
    I suspect your phone plan is blocked to do hotspot. This is implemented in BB10, not at the carrier. So if you put you sim in a non BB10 phone, hotspot is not blocked. Hotspot is not blocked in your friend's phone plan. Hotspot works with his sim regardless of the phone.

You may want to experiment with changing eScreen setting. So far, I've heard it has some success with Verizon phones only.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-19-15 07:53 AM
    I suspect your phone plan is blocked to do hotspot. This is implemented in BB10, not at the carrier. So if you put you sim in a non BB10 phone, hotspot is not blocked. Hotspot is not blocked in your friend's phone plan. Hotspot works with his sim regardless of the phone.
    Sorry I don't get it. If hotspot is plan dependant, then it would not work in neither of the devices. If it is SIM (as hardware) dependant, it would fail in all devices too. If the phone was blocked, then SIMs from diferent operators would fail to connect. Something is missing here. No info from BB. Could anybody check escreen:// and tell me if you also have 7 LOGICAL CONNECTIONS with same names that I have? Thanks!
    03-19-15 09:01 AM
    How do you pull up these escreens?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:55 AM
    simply open the navigator and put escreen:// . It should open some kind of user-password page were you put your code taken from the generator. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...elpScreen.html It may be that you only have to write it directly, without any input field. I don't remenber.
    Once done the navigator opens a hidden process app with info on low level Radio parameters.
    03-20-15 07:32 AM
    I am sorry to bother you, people, but I am getting no help from oficial BB forum and I need some help here. Does anybody know what do "Hotspot" and "tethering" do diferent when connecting to the net? Do you know if they ask for a different IP or use the same that use the phone? Why should my cell company should know if I am routing info from another computer and how do the phone inform them I am trying to? I need some clue to continue investigating!
    03-23-15 02:40 AM
    I read someplace android people use foxfi to masquerade (route) IP without needing the help of our cell data operator. Do you know if foxfi work on BB10 or is there any replacement?
    03-23-15 03:20 AM
    I am sorry to bother you, people, but I am getting no help from oficial BB forum and I need some help here. Does anybody know what do "Hotspot" and "tethering" do diferent when connecting to the net? Do you know if they ask for a different IP or use the same that use the phone? Why should my cell company should know if I am routing info from another computer and how do the phone inform them I am trying to? I need some clue to continue investigating!
    If I read your posts correctly:

1. No Hotspot with YOUR SIM.
    2. Hotspot works with friends SIM in your phone and others.
    3. Your SIM works with other phones??

Then either your particular carrier is binding plan with your IMEI - T-Mobile tried and did this over a decade ago with the HP Compaq 6320 (windows mobile OS of old) and customers did NOT like this very well. It's not done anymore that I'm aware of by any global carrier but I suspect it in your case.

If 3 is NOT valid above and your SIM doesn't work for Hotspot as in you connected a third device not simply 'activate it' then it's your plan having a restriction.

Call tech support and have them check this feature is enabled and resend all services to your SIM card. Reboot your phone without SIM in it. Power off fully insert your SIM boot up YOUR phone. Test Internet connection. Test your phone as modem using PC/Mac via USB.

Test USB first if successful then test as a WiFi Hotspot which CAN be restricted by carrier. Lastly as list resort backup and use carrier official OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:00 AM
    I read someplace android people use foxfi to masquerade (route) IP without needing the help of our cell data operator. Do you know if foxfi work on BB10 or is there any replacement?
    EasyTether from Snap works pretty well with a PC through Bluetooth. All the apps requiring Internet access will connect. However, for Internet browsing, you'll need to follow the instructions to change the User Agent string on Internet Explorer to that of your phone to bypass the carrier check. I don't know if the User Agent string can be edited for other PC browsers. Some Internet access such as downloading works in the paid version only. Grab the free version to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:07 AM