I use got a roaming bill that killed me.
    I left the data on but on checked my mail and didn't open any of them, just wanted to see in I got mail.
    I didn't use any apps that use data.
    How can I figure which app is doing this to me?
    I checked the data usage but that only says system and pin are high users. Why would system be so high?
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 03:21 AM
    If you leave data on your device does a lot of things continuously. Depending on what method of mail checking you use this can cost a lot of data. Push uses much less data than Polling (cyclic requests to the mail box), but also Push generates some background traffic. If you use Polling you can have several MB per day, just for checking, depending on how many stuff you have in your mail box. If you have other things configured (Facebook, Twitter, ...) this can also cause traffic in background. The process behind all this is called PIM services. You see this running in the Device Manager. The "face" of the PIM services is the Hub. Another thing is checking for software updates and diagnostic messages.

The best way to get rid of roaming costs is switching the data network completely off. When I'm in a foreign country I try to get a wifi somewhere.
    03-20-16 05:26 AM
    Thx.
    Is there no "minimal usage" setting?
    Would be a great addition.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:01 AM
    Check in settings under data management. There are a few things that can be configured, such as not dowloading images in emails and limiting the size of emails it downloads when roaming.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:09 AM
    Thx.
    Is there no "minimal usage" setting?
    Would be a great addition.

Posted via CB10
    You can set it to download headers only on email settings while roaming

Who's using my data-img_20160320_130730.png
    Who's using my data-img_20160320_130725.png

Other than that, other apps should not use data while they are not in the active frame + fb and twitter notifications are very low on data as well.

You can go into your device monitor and see which apps use the most data in the last month (or other period you set up)

Who's using my data-img_20160320_130931.png

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-20-16 09:09 AM