So, BB decided to put this stupid "Games" app on our phones, tie it into BBM, and make it undeleteable.
    I tried to ignore it, but many game apps insist on trying to open it when you launch the game. You then have to hit "Not Now" just to get back to your game. Some games insist on trying to open it REPEATEDLY if you keep hitting "Not Now".
    So, I used a work-around, side-loaded another Games BAR file over it using Google Chrome plugin. This clears the read-only flag, and allows deletion. This worked for the most part, with games being able to launch directly now. However, I just installed the free Pac-Man, and it will not function without "Games" installed. It just crashes when I try to launch it. I put "Games" back and my phone - and Pac-Man works. Removed it again, and CRASH.
    WHY does BB feel that this Games app needs to be integral to our phone? I mean seriously, WHY?
    Carterbits, CDM76, PHughes and 6 others like this.
    12-10-13 05:41 PM
    may i ask why does it bother you so much?

is it because you don't want to share bbm information?

I find it to be quite neat because I can look at the scores of my friends who play the same game.
    12-10-13 05:45 PM
    yeah i don't understand how this is such a problem?
    if it's not for you then great you found a way to not keep it,
    nothing is wrong with the app and it's great for those who game on their phone and like it competitive, i have like 23 friends on there.
    12-10-13 05:47 PM
    May I ask what games try to open it? I put it into an "others" folder and on the last screen.
    None of the games that I have ever played have ever asked to open it before.
    12-10-13 05:47 PM
    Because I don't want it feeding my BBM. Should I not be allowed to choose what goes out on my BBM?
    Andrew, I have Solitaire City, and every time I open it it jumps the the Games app, and I have to cancel that and send it back to the game.
    Then I loaded another game, can't remember what it was. -POSSIBLY- "Let's Golf! 3", but it would not take no for an answer, and kept trying to launch the Games app 4, or 5 times as I cancelled out each time. I deleted the game.
    Now Pac-Man will not even run without it.
    So, SirJes, I actually have not found a way to not have it without affecting the simple launch of a game. While my work-around seemed to work for most, it does not work for all.
    Should this not be optional? Do we really need BB to decide for us that Game info should be pushed through our BBM without choice?
    12-10-13 06:07 PM
    SirJes, it seems great for you, and I'm glad you are making good use of it and enjoying it. I am generally NOT a gamer. I keep 2 or three games on my phone for the odd time that I have some moments to kill. I have ZERO interest in the Games app, it is a nuisance to me, and I really feel it should not be forced on us.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-10-13 06:11 PM
    Games is the Game Center of BlackBerry 10, and all that it does is manage your friends (different from your BBM friends) and deal with Scoreloop.

In fact, opening that app in-game is useless. If your game tries to open that app, contact the developer, that is not supposed to happen

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-10-13 06:12 PM
    And yeah..its not bbry fault that a developer relies on the games app in order to be played

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-10-13 06:16 PM
    It opens twice every time I start PacMan. I find it annoying too

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-10-13 06:19 PM
    So you don't think I should be allowed to disable that "feature"?
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-10-13 06:19 PM
    They should give me the option to remove it. I will never use it

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:22 PM
    So, BB decided to put this stupid "Games" app on our phones, tie it into BBM, and make it undeleteable.
    I tried to ignore it, but many game apps insist on trying to open it when you launch the game. You then have to hit "Not Now" just to get back to your game. Some games insist on trying to open it REPEATEDLY if you keep hitting "Not Now".
    So, I used a work-around, side-loaded another Games BAR file over it using Google Chrome plugin. This clears the read-only flag, and allows deletion. This worked for the most part, with games being able to launch directly now. However, I just installed the free Pac-Man, and it will not function without "Games" installed. It just crashes when I try to launch it. I put "Games" back and my phone - and Pac-Man works. Removed it again, and CRASH.
    WHY does BB feel that this Games app needs to be integral to our phone? I mean seriously, WHY?
    Totally agree with you! I'm not much of a gamer these days and the Q10 is not the best for games, but just to kill some free time when I get some, so really why can't I just launch the game and the game only, I should be able to switch off that games app, its annoying when it pops up and I have to close it again. I noticed with Pac Man it popped up like twice, its not a deal breaker, but I should have a choice not to have it if I don't want it really....
    MichealBerry likes this.
    12-10-13 06:28 PM
    I agree. Been annoying since 10.0 was released. One should have a choice or not, and it's implemented poorly with the way it hijacks your display nagging you.

Some games do require it, it seems. Such as PacMan.

Posted via CB10
    MichealBerry, jhimmel, 203 and 2 others like this.
    12-10-13 06:32 PM
    I asked ScoreLoop about this. Basically their position is that game developers are supposed to give owners the option of opting out of ScoreLoop (Games) integration so it doesn't as to start after configured not to. Never found one that integrates with ScoreLoop and provides that option. Games should be configurable and since BlackBerry ownes ScoreLoop that is where you need to send the message.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:36 PM
    So you don't think I should be allowed to disable that "feature"?
    And that's what I'm saying yes u should have the option to delete the app,

But not being able to play a game without the app is the developers doing

12-10-13 06:37 PM
    I asked ScoreLoop about this. Basically their position is that game developers are supposed to give owners the option of opting out of ScoreLoop (Games) integration so it doesn't as to start after configured not to. Never found one that integrates with ScoreLoop and provides that option. Games should be configurable and since BlackBerry ownes ScoreLoop that is where you need to send the message.

Posted via CB10
    So you think the games app itself should have an option to not allow any connection request?

12-10-13 06:39 PM
    I find it very annoying too - would love to have the option to shut it.
    12-10-13 06:41 PM
    Who cares you post on Facebook on crackberry etc. like blackberry cares who you are. Don't want something for nothing don't install it.
    12-10-13 06:44 PM
    And that's what I'm saying yes u should have the option to delete the app,

But not being able to play a game without the app is the developers doing

Well, maybe if BB allowed for the app to be deleted - without me having to resort to tricks and Google Chrome - developers would not be coding their game expecting 100% that the Game app is present and required.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-10-13 06:44 PM
    Who cares you post on Facebook on crackberry etc. like blackberry cares who you are. Don't want something for nothing don't install it.
    Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:46 PM
    I've downloaded numerous games, and never has the Games app ever opened up on me. Something must be wrong on your end.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and SDTRMG like this.
    12-10-13 06:47 PM
    I've downloaded numerous games, and never has the Games app ever opened up on me. Something must be wrong on your end.

Posted via CB10
    Right. My phone must be broken.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-10-13 06:49 PM
    Come on man, why so rude? Guy is just trying to explain that he can't play some games that he wants to play due to the forced Scoreloop integration and looking for a solution without using the Games app.

To the OP, I think if there was the option to disable the Games app altogether it would still cause problems, because the game (i.e. PacMan) depends on it to work and the dev would also have to implement the option for it to work correctly. BlackBerry just wants to compete and offer features other platforms also have (think Game Center on iOS), so people won't complain but some are not greatly implemented for all. Hope the issue gets resolved for ya!

Edit: May I also add that I don't see it updating my BBM status to others? That seems to be your main concern. People shouldn't be able to see the games you play if they don't open the Games app or a game with Scoreloop integration.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:51 PM
    Well I have a problem with this app. I have two BB10 devices, my Q10 being my primary so BBM is in it.. But everytime I play games with my Z10 it is so annoying to always have to say not now since I don't use BBM on it...

Maybe if I install BBM apk though... could I connect it with my games app? Or does it have to be connected with the native BBM app?
    12-10-13 07:06 PM
    Well I have a problem with this app. I have two BB10 devices, my Q10 being my primary so BBM is in it.. But everytime I play games with my Z10 it is so annoying to always have to say not now since I don't use BBM on it...

Maybe if I install BBM apk though... could I connect it with my games app? Or does it have to be connected with the native BBM app?
    I'm thinking have to be connected to native, as it's a native app. Also, sideloaded BBM doesn't work as of last time I tried. Would really love to get it up and running!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:09 PM
85 123 ...