10 hour ago a leak suggest that you can switch to android from the trop down menu. If it's legit I would be happy happy happy.

http://m.imgur.com/wF4V3r7

Posted via CB10
    It's not legit. Remember BlackBerry Work Spaces? Basically some guy put 'switch to android' instead of switch to work.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-27-15 10:26 PM
    I don't see a problem having an option to switch OS. But there should be a Link update to backup your basic data like contacts, SMS, latest emails and basic settings that are compatible with the Android counterpart. I could load the Android on weekdays where i'm not working and would just like to play / discover new apps without glitches, then load BB10 on weekdays.

Via the Crimson Passport
    08-27-15 10:36 PM
    It only says windows so who knows. There's nothing in the rules was all i wanted to point out. Google doesn't like dual boot systems but who knows with BlackBerry helping them with security if they have an agreement for it. I did hear this rumor long before the pure android handset. Only time will tell.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    08-28-15 06:29 AM
    Herd you can edit the name but not the icon

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:16 AM
    Not interested...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:23 PM
    Since they're going to load Android anyway as suggested, it definitely would be great to be able to dual boot. An article link was posted on the forums today however, stating it would be one os or the other at a time.

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    08-28-15 02:33 PM
    "There is a need", as in, BB10 users need Android apps

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    Forgive me for ignoring your posts.
    08-28-15 03:30 PM
    No need, no interest.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah there is a need if BlackBerry wants to sell more phones

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 04:17 PM
    BlackBerry needs some way to use Google Services in the player. I'm sure it is technically feasible, but Google needs to agree.

For me, I'm not really hurting for apps, but maybe I'm the exception. I have my podcast catcher (bpod), reddit in motion, Torque, and some specialized Android apps that don't need Google play services. The only problem is the back handed way you have to get the apps, namely Snap (which I don't use) or the linux program that make your PC look like an Android phone. Some people just set up an Android VM on their PC. But for the average user, they need a legitimate access to Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:04 AM
    It's a damn terrible idea. Do you think the average user will care about a dual-boot phone, let alone figure out how to use a dual-boot phone?

If they have an option to make a BlackBerry 10 skin for Android, that should make people from BlackBerry 10 feel more at home.

At the time, it doesn't make sense to dual-boot. No major manufacturer has ever done this.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    Well, there's windroid. Check axio

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-29-15 01:28 AM
    Not that I like the idea, though.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-29-15 01:30 AM
    Not really. Though I'd like to see the slider in two versions with the same exact hardware and be able to grab an autoloader to swap the OS. But I don't think the normal end user dual booting is a good idea.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-15 01:55 AM
37 12