I lost an entire month of notes, 300 or so - because they apparently are part of the Settings for some unknown reason when you backup via BlackBerry Link.

Very bitter - lost tons of work this way... also Password Keeper :/
    xxslxx likes this.
    09-28-13 06:45 AM
    You lost them because they ARE part of the settings? I don't understand. I'm away from my desk at the moment but IIRC the full name is application settings and data. Data that is private to an application is stored in the application sandbox and is backed up and restored. Of course BlackBerry may store some of their application data in different locations, but I don't see any reason for them to do that.

Sounds like you restored settings from an older backup without taking a current backup first.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:58 AM
    No I simply didn't back up 'settings' at the advice of someone when upgrading OS. Assumed Remember would have been considered an application
    09-28-13 02:13 PM
    Then you should be bitter towards whomever gave you that advice. Regardless, of ANY advice - ALWAYS make a backup before you proceed.

Sorry for you loss of 300+ notes.... Were they even synced (e.g. outlookcom/office365)?
    09-28-13 03:37 PM
    If they were synced anywhere I wouldn't have had this issue - didn't know you could sync to anything other than Evernote (Which ain't my cup of tea)... if this could sync with OneNote... would be heaven
    09-29-13 06:54 AM
    I lost an entire month of notes, 300 or so - because they apparently are part of the Settings for some unknown reason when you backup via BlackBerry Link.

Very bitter - lost tons of work this way... also Password Keeper :/
    As with any device, be it computer, smartphone or tablet. Backup before you make a change. If not you risk data loss. That is the I.T world. I usr double redundancy. I back my phone up tp my laptop then my laptop to my external hard drive. No issues that way. Clean up when all works.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:06 AM
    Ouch! Sorry to hear of it. Tip to prevent that from happening again:

Try Fire Chest Backup which can backup all your notes in Remember (including attachments). No PC. No wires. No headaches. It's completely free in BlackBerry World. Try it out and let us know what you think
    10-02-13 10:51 AM