Just thought I'd ask here since there are more people that have a solution to this than in the Q5 forum.

Long story short, after almost 3 weeks of using my BB in airplane more because I was on holiday, it seems that a lot of my contacts are MIA. To make things even stranger, it's not all of them, but rather the more common ones I use. Even stranger still is that I can't even re-add them or any other contacts. I highly doubt that it's because of a lack of space on the sim card since I only have 70 contacts on there so space is not an issue.

I'm running BB10.2.2192 on a Q5 (SQR100-1) in the event that makes a difference.

Also as a side note, just curious, does the newest update to 1.2.1.2941 make a difference?
    Not that I can update it because of a lack of space, but am just curious...
    thanks!
    06-26-14 11:18 AM
    Hello and welcome. When you say you have a lack of space to update your OS, what exactly do you mean? When you update your OS, everything on your phone is erased and you have the entire available space to load a new OS. I always see new OS files as an opportunity to improve even SMALL fixes in my phone, and so I upgrade them willingly.

Your contacts. Do you have them stores in an email account? Like a gmail acct or yahoo? Or are they all on your SIM card? Do you have a backup that was made BEFORE the airplane mode time period? The contacts should be there.
    06-27-14 06:24 AM
    Hello and welcome. When you say you have a lack of space to update your OS, what exactly do you mean? When you update your OS, everything on your phone is erased and you have the entire available space to load a new OS. I always see new OS files as an opportunity to improve even SMALL fixes in my phone, and so I upgrade them willingly.

Your contacts. Do you have them stores in an email account? Like a gmail acct or yahoo? Or are they all on your SIM card? Do you have a backup that was made BEFORE the airplane mode time period? The contacts should be there.
    Hello there,

well when I tried to update the recent OS update, I keep getting a message that x.MB are required. I've gotten it down to just under 700MB but I don't see anything else to delete... In any case, I'll likely just pass on this update.

As for the contacts, it's actually not all the contacts that are gone just about a 1/2 dozen, but I also can't add any more contacts at all so I'm really confused.
    As for backups, I've never made a backup. I'm really confused...
    According to BBLink I have 5 GB free on the device but that's still not enough to go through the update...
    06-27-14 11:11 AM
    Have you checked your Device Monitor in your App Manager to check your memory and storage?

Have you tried to do a full reboot on the device?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    06-27-14 12:13 PM
    Have you checked your Device Monitor in your App Manager to check your memory and storage?

Have you tried to do a full reboot on the device?

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    I've tried a restart (1st thing I tried actually), well next to closing all the programs and the updates didn't work.

The main thing is being able to add more contacts. I'm HOPING that maybe if the update works, that I'll "fix" the contacts issue, which really is the main thing.
    I've noticed on google that many people have had similar issues on the Z3, but not so much on the Q5 so my guess is that this is an OS issue as opposed to a phone issue...
    It is really annoying though...
    06-27-14 11:05 PM
    Well I managed to get the update to finally go through and the missing contacts are all back...
    Strange!

Thanks!
    06-28-14 12:48 AM