hmm stop fighting ,10.2 is indeed a very good step in BB 10 transaction
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-24-13 06:48 AM
    Let's make a list of where the new features in 10.2 fell short.

1) Lock screen notifications - I can long-press the camera on the lock screen, why not the notifications?
    2) Customizable settings drop-down menu. We saw previews for a better menu, but it's nowhere to be seen
    3) Priority hub - Flagged emails, even really old ones, all show as priority. Priority marking needs an option to remove priority mark on read messages.
    4) Priority hub - No separate notification for messages marked as priority. There should be a separate notification setting (LED, sound, etc...) for messages marked as priority. This way you're actually alerted to priority and high importance messages.

Keep it going...
    And the complainers are never happy. You could have had all that and more and i bet you would still be picking it appart. Some people are never happy.
    tdaye likes this.
    10-24-13 07:26 AM
    Bridge...... Dammit man!
    10-24-13 07:38 AM
    One of the simplest but frequently used applications around, the music player is unchanged or barely changed. This still lacks the features and funnctionality that has been standard for years on other devices. No, all songs/tracks category, no equaliser, no ability to specify a music directory rather than blindly just scooping up every audio file on the device and treating it as a music file to be played as such, no facility for continuous play sequential or shuffled when a single track has been selected.

On my Nokia devices I was able to have control over background network connections, a huge battery and data saver, why does BlackBerry not allow this level of control and sophistication? Not up to it?

What is the point in an app(lication) manager that does not manage applications. Why does BBM restart seconds after being shut down. Not everyone lives their entire lives through that messaging application and doesn't need it running 24/7, forcing a data connection and sucking the battery dry at an alarming rate.

The browser changes were off target. The address bar auto hiding just introduces more fiddling about to operate the browser Yes, it needed shrinking but not turning into a jumping bean. At least allow the user the option to set auto hiding. Yes I know BlackBerry goes into cold shivers at the thought of allowing it's users options, preferring to dumb it down and be over prescriptive. Page rescaling upon zoom would be great. Opera have been doing it for years in their mobile browser so go on, take a peek for some clues BB. Why are the bookmarks still as good as filed in random order. You never know where your bookmarks are going to be in the list from one use to the next. How about something radical like alphabetical order or push the boat out and allow the user to arrange their own bookmarks, like on real computers.

Maybe too much to ask in an "minor" update but BlackBerry Maps is still at the bottom of the pile when it comes to pre loaded mapping applications. How about dumping it and starting again with a quality much more versatile off line application. Like real Sat Navs (and Nokia) do it!

At least cursor placement while editing text is improved
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-24-13 07:41 AM
    I wish I had the option to allow calls from the lock screen. I know some people wouldn't like that but I think it would be useful as an option.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.575
    10-24-13 07:45 AM
    Nope not until the kinks are worked out.
    There will always be kinks, like in every OS. Nothing is perfect. You guys can keep ******** for your "wish lists", you will never find everything you want in 1 OS.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    10-24-13 07:56 AM
    Where did 10.2 fall short? It didn't. 10.2 is an amazing step forward for bb10
    MobileMadness002 and tdaye like this.
    10-24-13 07:58 AM
    The OP should have titled this thread "things I would have liked to see in 10.2" or "my wish list for 10.3"...something a little more positive. Many like myself don't believe 10.2 "fell short", don't speak for everyone.

10-24-13 08:04 AM
    Not sure if this is a shortcoming or not. I guess it's not a big deal but why do I have to click on the mail icon on the lock screen in order to see the message previews? For example, on my iPad, I can see the message preview appear on the lock screen right away without having to click anywhere first. Wish there was an option to enable the preview to display automatically.
    I totally understand this, however I had read a lot of articles about this, and there was apparently a lot of internal discussions at Blackberry regarding privacy. Having a locked screen (especially if it is password protected) is to prevent un-wanted eyes on your communications. If the lock screen shows some of that detail, it defeats the purpose. Sure, all you have to do is click on it to see it, however people passing by will not automatically see the email/bbm etc. I don't believe this is a shortcoming, this was a conscious decision by blackberry.
    10-24-13 08:14 AM
    If you search my other posts you will see there are html problems in the CB app, alarm issues - for example, I selected a song from my library - needs to be selected every time (not saved as default). Song also plays until you stop it!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:22 AM
    Like in blackberry balance where you can separate data for Personal and Work, they could add Guest place so if ever someone borrows your phone, they wont be able to access your personal data (inbox, mails, social networks etc.). It is also best if they would not require you to get BES for it.
    CDM76, eddy_berry and mnc76 like this.
    10-24-13 08:27 AM
    Maybe on yours, but not mine. No leaks official to official. On a side note, taking a screen shot no longer makes the camera noise.

Attachment 213583Attachment 213584
    Attachment 213585Attachment 213586
    Attachment 213587Attachment 213588
    Attachment 213589Attachment 213590
    Attachment 213591Attachment 213592

Enough pics for you? I even threw in the bounce back to show I wasn't hiding anything up or down.

Posted via CB10
    You tried checking the "browser" option under categories? That's the only difference I can see between yours and mine. And the reason I asked for pics is its easier to see differences between settings without trying to explain selves, so no need to be snarky we are trying to help you.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:29 AM
    The OP should have titled this thread "things I would have liked to see in 10.2" or "my wish list for 10.3"...something a little more positive. Many like myself don't believe 10.2 "fell short", don't speak for everyone.

I'm not sure what OP was expecting from a 0.x iteration. That's considered minor in most cycles, and in light of that, the prodigious list of improvements, and healthy inclusions, is impressive.

OP is obviously a "glass half empty" kinda person.
    tdaye and KemKev like this.
    10-24-13 08:30 AM
    Like in blackberry balance where you can separate data for Personal and Work, they could add Guest place so if ever someone borrows your phone, they wont be able to access your personal data (inbox, mails, social networks etc.). It is also best if they would not require you to get BES for it.
    I've been asking for that since day one. Then I'd feel a lot more comfortable letting someone else hold my phone and playing with it to see if they like it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:31 AM
    My only issue where i feel 10.2 has fallen short is if you are running BBM channels beta, you cant use the dark theme on BBM. This is stupid and ******** beyond belief. Surely Blackberry need to release BBM channels as an official add on or something or at least update BBM to incorporate it.

The other issue where i feel they have fallen down is the instant previews, as great as they are...they need to give us timeout options for them as i find they are too quick to close down and you miss being able to reply to them.

Other than that i havent found any real issues with 10.2, its much more faster and snappier i find.
    10-24-13 08:58 AM
    Let's focus on the good stuff and ignore where improvements could be made? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

Off-topic

Off-topic

If you have a password it would obviously require that before opening the message.

Off-topic

Off-topic
    A very off topic thread methink
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-24-13 09:11 AM
    Let's focus on the good stuff and ignore where improvements could be made? Sounds like a winning strategy to me
    It works for BlackBerry. After all they are the most popular smartphone in the world. OK gotta get back to my time machine for a trip back to the future.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-24-13 09:31 AM
    It works for BlackBerry. After all they are the most popular smartphone in the world. OK gotta get back to my time machine for a trip back to the future.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    Because everyone has such a negative attitude towards BlackBerry, have a look around CB and tell me how many are positive threads. Everyone wants their dream smartphone and thinks everything "falls short" because it doesn't meet everything they have ever wanted.
    Do you people do this to the manufacturer or your cars, TV ect? There are a ton of features I'd like to see in my car that aren't there that maybe others have.

KemKev, CDM76 and Keith Atkinson1 like this.
    10-24-13 09:51 AM
    "Fall short" makes sense if this was the FINAL version. The fact that the OS continues to evolve means that at the very least, some of what is missing now might be incorporated over time. I think BBRY has done a terrific job with this update and I look forward to more as the OS gets more polished.
    tdaye and Keith Atkinson1 like this.
    10-24-13 09:55 AM
    GROUP CONTACTS
    for email, SMS, whatever. The fact the original 10.0 didn't have this is bad enough, the fact we are now up to 10.2 w/o group contacts is just plain sad.

My wife's work-issued 8800 running BBOS 4.0 even has this feature but my Q10 doesn't? insane
    And there's no way her company (huge) would ever upgrade to BB10 until they can have different contact groups for different sets of employees
    Last edited by DustBow; 10-24-13 at 10:21 AM.
    10-24-13 10:08 AM
    You tried checking the "browser" option under categories? That's the only difference I can see between yours and mine. And the reason I asked for pics is its easier to see differences between settings without trying to explain selves, so no need to be snarky we are trying to help you.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same settings. Search engines do not show up in the extended search settings. The browser option only shows searches based on browser history. In other words if you type in Crackberry it shows your browser history as it pertains to crackberry. Type in, let's say, llama and nothing shows.
    10-24-13 10:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough

The browser option only brings up browser history.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:03 AM
    I liked the old fly out style copy and paste better.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    No flippin' way. It was completely breaking the workflow. The new system is sleek, simple, and so much more responsive.

One other quick tip, just like on the Q10, you can hold the shift key to select a block of text quicker. Just drop the circle edit at the start of your selection, hold shift, and click at the end of your selection. Works magic.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    10-24-13 11:09 AM
    For the OP, if you actually want your feedback to go somewhere send your request to [email protected].

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    tdaye likes this.
    10-24-13 11:12 AM
    i do not understand why people are so against questions or /threads? like these?
    i mean if every state their problems and issues with blackberry in one place/many
    then that's even better cause there might be a chance of these improvements happening, even a slight bit.
    If it is all positive then blackberry will continue to do what they want want without including some honest views.

just my thought on it
    It's the title. I can see it coming from some so called analyst "where BlackBerry 10 FELL SHORT",fueld by threads like this. there are ways to get your ideas and wishlist to Blackberry in positive ways.

CDM76 and wincyUt like this.
    10-24-13 11:48 AM
94 1234