Let's make a list of where the new features in 10.2 fell short.

1) Lock screen notifications - I can long-press the camera on the lock screen, why not the notifications?
    2) Customizable settings drop-down menu. We saw previews for a better menu, but it's nowhere to be seen
    3) Priority hub - Flagged emails, even really old ones, all show as priority. Priority marking needs an option to remove priority mark on read messages.
    4) Priority hub - No separate notification for messages marked as priority. There should be a separate notification setting (LED, sound, etc...) for messages marked as priority. This way you're actually alerted to priority and high importance messages.

Keep it going...
    10-23-13 08:06 PM
    It fell short on getting pushed to my phone >:[
    everyone else i talk to has it...
    10-23-13 08:08 PM
    It fell short on getting pushed to my phone >:[
    everyone else i talk to has it...
    Thanks for commenting, but I'd rather this thread stay on the topic of the shortcomings of the features of 10.2
    10-23-13 08:11 PM

1) Lock screen notifications - I can long-press the camera on the lock screen, why not the notifications?
    2) Customizable settings drop-down menu. We saw previews for a better menu, but it's nowhere to be seen
    3) Priority hub - Flagged emails, even really old ones, all show as priority. Priority marking needs an option to remove priority mark on read messages.
    4) Priority hub - No separate notification for messages marked as priority. There should be a separate notification setting (LED, sound, etc...) for messages marked as priority. This way you're actually alerted to priority and high importance messages.

Keep it going...
    Congrats on being the first to complain, some people are never happy.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    10-23-13 08:11 PM
    Thanks for commenting, but I'd rather this thread stay on the topic of the shortcomings of the features of 10.2
    :P
    I don't think there are truly any shortcomings, we did see many leaks before it came so we pretty much knew about it before it came.
    10-23-13 08:16 PM
    Maybe start a thread on the positive, why does everyone want to focus on "short comings". No wonder people have such a bad impression of BlackBerry when all the posts are like this one.

CDM76, moyah8 and SnoozerBold like this.
    10-23-13 08:18 PM
    Installed theupdate for a Bell Z10. In applications I see my EE and Navigacja Orange(Polish). I'm in Ottawa, and these are apps for UK and Poland. Any one else receive these apps?
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-23-13 08:19 PM
    Congrats on being the first to complain, some people are never happy.

Exactly my thoughts.
    10-23-13 08:20 PM
    Well would you like people to long press your notifications and invade your privacy? Sure why not

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-23-13 08:21 PM
    Installed theupdate for a Bell Z10. In applications I see my EE and Navigacja Orange(Polish). I'm in Ottawa, and these are apps for UK and Poland. Any one else receive these apps?
    Yes, I've read it a few times. I also received them.

10-23-13 08:21 PM
    Yes I got them on Rogers

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:22 PM
    Maybe start a thread on the positive, why does everyone want to focus on "short comings". No wonder people have such a bad impression of BlackBerry when all the posts are like this one.
    Let's focus on the good stuff and ignore where improvements could be made? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

Off-topic

Exactly my thoughts.
    Off-topic

Well would you like people to long press your notifications and invade your privacy? Sure why not
    If you have a password it would obviously require that before opening the message.

Yes, I've read it a few times. I also received them.
    Off-topic

Yes I got them on Rogers
    Off-topic
    10-23-13 08:35 PM
    Not sure if this is a shortcoming or not. I guess it's not a big deal but why do I have to click on the mail icon on the lock screen in order to see the message previews? For example, on my iPad, I can see the message preview appear on the lock screen right away without having to click anywhere first. Wish there was an option to enable the preview to display automatically.
    10-23-13 08:36 PM

Keep it going...
    1) This is really a minor thing and not a shortcoming. But, nonetheless, is an idea worthy of you putting it out to BlackBerry developers. Could be a 10.2.2 option maybe perhaps. Personally I use it as a quick glance to know if it is important enough to unlock and read it but press and hold to go directly to it after unlocking saves a lot of swipes.

2) The better drop-down menu is on Z30s only apparently but some form of it will come soon enough. I'm thinking more along the lines of a custom drop-down menu but these minor details are all baby steps where it may take the developers at BB some time to work out properly.

3) Unflag your messages if you are done with them I guess. I do and it isn't an issue. If I'm done with it it gets unflagged and deleted or filed in a different folder.

4) Nice idea again. Not a big issue and would love to see the development team consider this.

Truth be told, I can't nitpick them on this update. It is well needed. Yes there can be some tweaks to the OS but, personally, I feel they have laid a lot of groundwork for a sweet OS. It can only get better from here. Please feel free to drop these suggestions to BB. Maybe in the Beta Zone or on their discussions page. If you have the Beta App you can send them feedback right from the app and it can be about anything you want.
    ssbtech and BerryWizard like this.
    10-23-13 08:51 PM
    JAFTT

From my Z30 on CB10
    10-23-13 08:53 PM
    Yup... Rogers in Waterloo region a.d I got the weird apps!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    10-23-13 08:57 PM
    No home screen keyboard shortcuts. No homescreen speed dial.

Posted via CB10
    idon12no and macberry33 like this.
    10-23-13 08:59 PM
    Not sure if this is a shortcoming or not. I guess it's not a big deal but why do I have to click on the mail icon on the lock screen in order to see the message previews? For example, on my iPad, I can see the message preview appear on the lock screen right away without having to click anywhere first. Wish there was an option to enable the preview to display automatically.
    I don't really mind tapping on the mail icon for the previews. You can also tap on the other icons for their respective message previews. There needs to be some way to request a specific set of previews, tapping on the icon accomplishes this nicely.
    10-23-13 09:00 PM

Keep it going...

these are all valid point in my opinion.
    i see good critisism in your post. i like that.
    without posts like yours, how does blackberry know what kind of features we are expecting?

this is not like people whining about everything but not proposing any valid and viable uptions. you made a point by pointing the way out.
    10-23-13 09:10 PM
    Number one can be fixed by turning the settings on in your hub settings menu

On my BlackBerry Z10 running 10.2 on Rogers
    RJ_Motivation likes this.
    10-23-13 11:07 PM
    Some people are never happy. If you were actually pro BlackBerry and trying to be constructive then would have named thread something more like "what to add to 10.3" or "what to add next " or something a little more positive. Hating all the hate lately.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and tomsobon like this.
    10-23-13 11:19 PM
    Yeah I am on Bell in Winnipeg and I got that Polish Orange thing too. Ans now my apps that are Android ports won't launch.

Sent from my iPuh-lease-as-IF
    10-23-13 11:20 PM
    Search Button.

Where is my extended search provider Google?

Z10, PlayBook, 9810, 9000.
    10-23-13 11:23 PM
    Number one can be fixed by turning the settings on in your hub settings menu
    Can you be a little more specific? I can't find it.

Some people are never happy. If you were actually pro BlackBerry and trying to be constructive then would have named thread something more like "what to add to 10.3" or "what to add next " or something a little more positive. Hating all the hate lately.
    I am very much pro BlackBerry. I could just ignore them and switch to iDroid, or I could talk about where the BlackBerry needs improvement.
    10-23-13 11:35 PM
    I am very much pro BlackBerry. I could just ignore them and switch to iDroid, or I could talk about where the BlackBerry needs improvement.
    Sorry just tired of people constantly complaining about every step BlackBerry takes. Local news didn't issue article about bbm being released. It issued article about bbm possible false reviews.

Didnt say ut not pro BlackBerry. Didnt mean to anyway. What I was trying to say is that it's HOW saying it. We BlackBerry fans and supporters need to articulate ourselves in a better way that supports BlackBerry where appropriate.

Having said that. I like your 4th point. Personally I'd like to see priority messages have have a light colour highlighting the whole header. Not just the red bar at right. Personal preference tho. As for improvements..... I'd like the app Manger more prevalent. Is kinda hidden now.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:49 PM
94 123 ...