I want to be a BB Keyboard Ace!
    11-28-16 10:48 AM
    Keyboard Shortcuts is pretty well explained on its BBW page:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949463

Doo as well:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

Posted via CB10
    Here's a list Bla1ze put together for the Q10 but these shortcuts should also apply to the Q5 and Classic keyboards: The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-28-16 10:53 AM
    Can you be a bit more specific?

A lot of native apps have their own shortcuts that function within that app.

For when you're on the homescreen, you can go to settings/shortcuts and speed dial and there you can set keys to do what you like. Function is unfortunately rather limited and it won't get better. I do recommend buying the Toysoft app called "Keyboard Shortcuts" from BlackBerry World. It adds some decent functionality right into the settings menu. Really wish they could expand but I suspect developers have pretty much done all they can with the API's that BlackBerry no longer updates.

Another couple good applications to check out are "Doo" and "Quick Launch". Those apps take advantage of the volume/mute keys and allow you to program them to do a variety of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 10:55 AM
    11-28-16 11:01 AM
    ... I do recommend buying the Toysoft app called "Keyboard Shortcuts" from BlackBerry World. It adds some decent functionality right into the settings menu. ...
    Another couple good applications to check out are "Doo" and "Quick Launch". Those apps take advantage of the volume/mute keys and allow you to program them to do a variety of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    Can you give me a for example with what you do with Toysoft's Keyboard Shortcut app? Toysoft is a great developer and his stuff fills in a lot of niches that were desperately needed.

What is the difference with Doo?

Thanks again!
    11-28-16 11:03 AM
    Keyboard Shortcuts is pretty well explained on its BBW page:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949463

Doo as well:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997180

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 11:08 AM
    Can you give me a for example with what you do with Toysoft's Keyboard Shortcut app? Toysoft is a great developer and his stuff fills in a lot of niches that were desperately needed.

What is the difference with Doo?

Thanks again!
    Specifically what I mostly use Keyboard Shortcuts for is the file manager and the bookmark manager.

You can put together a list of bookmarks and files. For bookmarks, hold B on the homescreen to launch it and F to launch the file manager.

I prefer the bookmark manager over the one built into the browser because it opens a new tab with each bookmark.

I like the file manager because it's much quicker to open files compared to the native file manager. Especially with cloud services like Dropbox. So if you have a group of files that you need to open and edit quickly and often, this app is indispensable IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Drenegade; 11-28-16 at 11:30 AM.
    11-28-16 11:12 AM