Hi I have a camera that only produces output for Flash or Quicktime, it�s been working fine using Flash for the last year or so but no gone my Z10 shows �unable to find flash plug-in� where the video should be.
    I followed the link Missing Adobe Flash on 10.3.1? Here's the best way to get it back! | CrackBerry.com

I sideloaded the revised flash browser, installed YeahSo and it appears to work ok, but when I try to access the video from a remote camera it says again that it can't find the plug-in. Do you think that this could be a permissions issue or something else. If it is permissions where do I find and change them?

As a fall-back I�m using Dolphin from Android and that works but would prefer to use the native browser

Any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

Rib-rider
    05-07-15 04:01 AM
    You can play Flash video files using a video player such as VLC.

If you want to test your Flash Browser installation, just visit isflashinstalled.com.

The file yeah.so must be saved in device/misc/plugins. "plugins" must be in lowercase.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 10:06 PM
    Hi YeemannBB, Thanks for that but I got nope when I originally checked found the plugin folder had a capital P, I changed that but still get nope, despite having sideloaded the browser from crackhaven. Any ideas what could be screwing this up? Can I check the version within the browser that Is loaded? I just unzipped the downloaded folder and sideloaded the whole folder is that correct? VLC is not an option since the output of the camera is a live feed in either a flash or quicktime format. I have managed to use Dolphin with jetpack but would prefer to use the native browser.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
    05-08-15 02:27 PM
    To sideload a native app, you have to use a PC. Download or copy the Flash Browser bar file to the PC. Use a tool like DDPB, Sachesi or Chrome Extension. Connect your phone to the PC via USB. Close Link if it fires up. Put your phone in development mode. From your PC, run the sideloading tool of your choice. They are all slightly different on how they work. However they all require you to pick the bar file that you want to sideload. You will have to provide you phone password and the IP address appeared on the development mode screen. At the end, the Flash Browser app is installed on your phone. And you can turn off development mode after installation. I personally use DDPB downloaded from goodereader.com. It is a simple to use program developed for the PlayBook but works well for BB10 phones.

You can also search the forum on how to sideload a native app.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 04:13 PM
    Hi YeemanBB thanks for that I have sideloaded using Google chrome from my PC previously so was happy with the process. I tried to post the link from crackhaven given on crackberry forum which gives the method for reloading the Flash capability that I need into the 10.3.1.1565, upgrade that removed it, but the forum doesn't allow link posting by newbies. The nub of the problem is that the download from that link appeared to update the browser but your help has shown me that it hasn't worked. I'm lost for how to get it to work, as others have posted on the Z10 forum that it does work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    05-09-15 03:18 AM
    Hi YeemanBB thanks for that I have sideloaded using Google chrome from my PC previously so was happy with the process. I tried to post the link from crackhaven given on crackberry forum which gives the method for reloading the Flash capability that I need into the 10.3.1.1565, upgrade that removed it, but the forum doesn't allow link posting by newbies. The nub of the problem is that the download from that link appeared to update the browser but your help has shown me that it hasn't worked. I'm lost for how to get it to work, as others have posted on the Z10 forum that it does work.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    The download wouldn't update the browser? If you downloaded it from your phone it would save the bar file to your phone and you need to copy it to your PC before you can sideload it. You can download from the PC before sideloading it. You can also try Sachesi to sideload. No need for developer mode. Just drag and drop.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004563

Download and sideload the bar file from KermEd in post #5.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:53 AM
    Thanks CyberMan2013 but I downloaded the zipped file to my PC first then unzipped it and sideloaded the whole folder that contained three files. I think something went wrong in that process since the browser hasn't updated, but I'm not sure what. Google chrome sideloader showed it as installed. Should I have deleted the original browser before side-loading?

Your assistance much appreciated.
    05-09-15 11:25 AM
    Thanks CyberMan2013 but I downloaded the zipped file to my PC first then unzipped it and sideloaded the whole folder that contained three files. I think something went wrong in that process since the browser hasn't updated, but I'm not sure what. Google chrome sideloader showed it as installed. Should I have deleted the original browser before side-loading?

Just checked the KermEd site, thanks YeemanBB and I wonder whether the problem is because I downloaded to my PC as a .zip and unzipped it before sideloading. Should I have just changed the suffix from .zip to .bar and then sideloaded i.e not unzipped the file?

05-09-15 11:35 AM

Just checked the KermEd site, thanks YeemanBB and I wonder whether the problem is because I downloaded to my PC as a .zip and unzipped it before sideloading. Should I have just changed the suffix from .zip to .bar and then sideloaded i.e not unzipped the file?

Step 1

Go here on your PC and Phone browsers:

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/data/YeahSo/

Where can I find the Flash plug-in after downloading the revised browser to my Z10?-img_20150509_125554.png

Click on Download FlashBrowser.Bar v1.0.0.24

Save it somewhere on your PC where you can find it for later sideloading.

Don't unzip anything.

Step 2

Create a folder on your device storage on your phone called "misc" (without the quotes). Go into Device/misc and create a folder called "plugins" (again without the quotes).

Where can I find the Flash plug-in after downloading the revised browser to my Z10?-img_20150509_125849.png

On your phone tap Download Yeah.So.

Navigate to Device/misc/plugins then tap Save.

Where can I find the Flash plug-in after downloading the revised browser to my Z10?-img_20150509_130244.png

Step 3

Sideload flashbrowser-1.0.0.24.bar file unto your phone using either Chrome or Sachesi. That should be it. You should see a new icon on your app screen called Flash Browser. If using Sachesi, you might have to uncheck "Install newer files" for it to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:07 PM
    Thanks CyberMan2013 that's exactly what I did except when I downloaded the Flashbrowser it appeared on the PC desktop as .zip file and I unzipped it. so I guess that's where I went wrong. I'm travelling without access to a PC this week but will retry on Friday when I'm back and again download the Flashbrowser and sideload without changing anything on the downloaded file. Hopefully that should sort it.

Many thanks to all for your help and patience.
    05-10-15 02:00 AM
    Thanks for the info. I will try it. Have never sideloaded before.

9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>
    06-07-15 08:09 PM
    doesn't work. Unfortunately.
    10-01-15 11:02 PM
    No need to side load, you can get in in BlackBerry App World.. Check out Zeus Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924.

Posted via CB10 With my Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-01-15 11:17 PM