Yes and no. And not exactly tamper, more like tweak? The old bbos if you autoloaded you could unlock all themes by editing a certain file to remove carrier tags.
    We are taking about BB10 and BlackBerry Android.

On BBOS, you could mix and match various signed BlackBerry files to make hybrids, yes.
    07-31-17 09:54 AM
    The old one you mean up-to OS 7 right? I am concerned with OS 10 thanks for the information though.
    07-31-17 10:46 AM
    Yes, I did that most of the time too. But removing account will delete all of my yahoo emails, inbox will be retrieved but not the sent folder in this way and this sucks.
    07-31-17 10:49 AM
    Yes, I did that most of the time too. But removing account will delete all of my yahoo emails, inbox will be retrieved but not the sent folder in this way and this sucks.
    Still you really should move on from yahoo to outlook or gmail as conite suggested.
    07-31-17 11:38 AM
    Still you really should move on from yahoo to outlook or gmail as conite suggested.
    It will will take me a lot of time to move to another email domain for many reasons and one of them is yahoo being my oldest email.
    Some times it never makes an issue and some times when you even install it from the scratch it still gives you headache which I just faced now after reconfiguring it from the scratch.
    I believe one day Hotmail and Gmail will give the same kind of issues once they increase their security parameters as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-17 03:34 AM
    What I find interesting is that my Passport, bought directly from Blackberry, has STILL not upgraded to 10.3.3 yet. I have asked Blackberry several times about this. They have checked my PIN, and say yes, I will get the upgrade eventually, be patient. So it appears that Blackberry themselves are rolling out 10.3.3 very VERY slowly. Does anybody know why this is?
    08-04-17 05:37 AM
    What I find interesting is that my Passport, bought directly from Blackberry, has STILL not upgraded to 10.3.3 yet. I have asked Blackberry several times about this. They have checked my PIN, and say yes, I will get the upgrade eventually, be patient. So it appears that Blackberry themselves are rolling out 10.3.3 very VERY slowly. Does anybody know why this is?
    It depends of the region and their collaboration with the intelligence service.
    08-04-17 05:51 AM
    Most U.K carriers except EE pushed 10.3.3 some months ago. So there is no regulatory hurdle. Basically Blackberry doesn't want to release it themselves! Is it still full of problems?
    08-07-17 04:11 AM
    Most U.K carriers except EE pushed 10.3.3 some months ago. So there is no regulatory hurdle. Basically Blackberry doesn't want to release it themselves! Is it still full of problems?
    No issues. Although it should be loaded with an autoloader, and not OTA.
    08-07-17 07:57 AM
    My Passport just started an OTA update to 10.3.31435 today. So I guess Blackberry is pushing the upgrade to the last few tranches of BBOS10 devices. I really wonder why some people got it so much sooner than others. Were there problems with the implementation on Passports?...
    09-12-17 05:49 AM
    No issues. Although it should be loaded with an autoloader, and not OTA.
    Hi,

After the upgrade of my Z30 to OS 10.3.3 there have been some issues at random most commonly I am facing the 'settings app' and the 'password keeper' won't open at all after a few days of upgrading the OS to 10.3.3. These are the most important apps to me and I can't even make a backup of my handset once this issue starts to happen, I can't wipe my handset as well as it won't communicate to Blackberry Link software although it does connect very well.
    Due to not able to make a back I have to lose all of my previous data after reloading the software to correct this bloody problem. So please is there any way to roll back to OS 10.3.2 or is there any way that I could make a backup of my Z30 in any case in this situation to avoid data loss before I run through another autoloader clean sweep until blackberry resolves the issues with OS 10.3.3 or sends out another update or a patch? I have been doing this for past several times now and I am so upset of it.
    Upgrading to OS 10.3.3 was a huge mistake, please those who wanna go for it then don't do it until blackberry sends out a bug free version.
    Help Please! Blackberry acknowledged the issue but there is no clear solution on their web site at the moment.
    09-15-17 05:11 AM
    Your problems may have nothing to do with BlackBerry. Yahoo stops working all the time on different devices. My wife's has stopped working on her Galaxy several times over the last few months.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 06:53 AM
    Hi,

After the upgrade of my Z30 to OS 10.3.3 there have been some issues at random most commonly I am facing the 'settings app' and the 'password keeper' won't open at all after a few days of upgrading the OS to 10.3.3. These are the most important apps to me and I can't even make a backup of my handset once this issue starts to happen, I can't wipe my handset as well as it won't communicate to Blackberry Link software although it does connect very well.
    Due to not able to make a back I have to lose all of my previous data after reloading the software to correct this bloody problem. So please is there any way to roll back to OS 10.3.2 or is there any way that I could make a backup of my Z30 in any case in this situation to avoid data loss before I run through another autoloader clean sweep until blackberry resolves the issues with OS 10.3.3 or sends out another update or a patch? I have been doing this for past several times now and I am so upset of it.
    Upgrading to OS 10.3.3 was a huge mistake, please those who wanna go for it then don't do it until blackberry sends out a bug free version.
    Help Please! Blackberry acknowledged the issue but there is no clear solution on their web site at the moment.
    Use Ultimate Backup.

Then run the autoloader again.

I will never understand the need for making backups. It makes one too vulnerable to loss or breakage. Use the cloud.
    09-15-17 07:03 AM
    Did three phones OTA without issue.
    09-15-17 07:54 AM
    Use Ultimate Backup.

Then run the autoloader again.

I will never understand the need for making backups. It makes one too vulnerable to loss or breakage. Use the cloud.
    Hi,

Making and keeping backup is not an issue. Is it possible that we could protest to BlackBerry get another update for the BlackBerry 10 operating system?
    And my other thinking about the blackberry is that, you know why I should be buying a new blackberry android set when there are so many other Androids out there already? Security is not a big a matter anymore because other androids are also very secure now a days. And hey! if I want an android then I can buy any other android set, actually the classic operating system BlackBerry 10 is far more superior to android and security wise and in many other things except BlackBerry maps, so BlackBerry has betrayed us because we have been very loyal to BlackBerry and if they can't come out with new handsets every once in a while for BlackBerry 10 and new updates for it then it's not great and very unethical of them, they should be doing this every once in a while and release a new BlackBerry 10 handset if not every now and then so we can rejoice those moments once again.
    Shutting down BlackBerry 10 production and not regularly supporting the updates for the operating system has been a deliberate move by BlackBerry, they just wanted to enter the android market because it was much easier for them to make money because they could not compete or they did not have enough talent left in their company to continue supporting their proprietary operating system rather than going for android and this seems and shows that they are not capable of, you know maintaining an original and authentic operating system like the blackberry QNX 10 itself.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    10-18-17 05:02 AM
    Actually, you can tamper the OS image.
    You just need BlackBerry's signing keys and and as everyone knows those are just floating around the web for everyone to access.
    04-29-18 06:01 AM
41 12