I believe that is wrong!

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you missed the post correcting him already...

Posted with my  Classic
    07-31-15 06:09 AM
    If you're going to attempt to correct grammar, do it right.

"their"

Posted via CB10
    Lmaooo.....

Sovereign sir mictol
    07-31-15 08:01 AM
    Perhaps you've got it wrong. BB10 is ahead of the curve. Windows "10", iOS "10", Android Marshmallow or whatever sugary name they give it.

...we're already at 10! Though maybe we could do with a rebranding if they do make a big change. BBX or BlackBerry powered by QNX. Methinks it's time to let the public know about QNX...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-31-15 08:12 AM
    I'm not sure why Windows 10 is part of this. What is it about Win10 that BlackBerry has to respond to?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 08:45 AM
    Has the 'toy' market (Android/iOS) reached saturation? What is next?

- Samsung Electronics's profits fell eight per cent, year on year, in its second quarter of 2015 � as sales of its Galaxy S6 failed to gain traction. Sales also took a 7.2 per cent hit, year on year

- LG numbers came in at 14.1 million smartphones. This is down 8% from Q1.

- Apple iPhone sales down 22% from Q1 market share about 13.4%. Apple is bleeding market share annually

- Microsoft 2% decline to 8.4M LUMIA with 2.4% market share
    07-31-15 09:25 AM
    Really where is the response? Give us/me something to look forward to?
    They are working on it <straight face>
    07-31-15 09:38 AM
    You must have missed it. The response was "our focus is enterprise"! :-)
    07-31-15 10:02 AM
    Perhaps you've got it wrong. BB10 is ahead of the curve. Windows "10", iOS "10", Android Marshmallow or whatever sugary name they give it.

...we're already at 10! Though maybe we could do with a rebranding if they do make a big change. BBX or BlackBerry powered by QNX. Methinks it's time to let the public know about QNX...
    LOL: yeah you got a good point there

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+
    07-31-15 10:08 AM
    Ah glad you asked! BlackBerry 11 is coming soon!

No sleep till BlackBerry 11! No sleep till BlackBerry 11! Wooo

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 10:34 AM
    You don't want to know....

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:09 PM
    The response was "we are working on something"
    07-31-15 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does BlackBerry have to do everything for Apple 1-2 years in advance now before iOS invents it?

Posted via CB10
    LateToTheGame and gfondeur like this.
    07-31-15 02:55 PM
    In my business I have BlackBerry phones, Google Advertising, Ipad Kiosks in retail environment, Microsoft network running two Microsoft enterprise solutions and Office 365.

The BlackBerry phones are the only headache free part of my business. Everthing else is constantly being patched, upgraded made obsolete, changed or whatever.

Sometimes running something that simply works until it is broken is the best course of action.

BlackBerry need not respond except I would like to see them start to merge some of the tools they acquired into the OS, especially Watchdox or Lockdox and Athoc. Be gone, dropbox, onedrive, Google Drive, icloud, Skype, imessage, hangme or whatever google calls it and so on.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and Davidoff65 like this.
    07-31-15 07:00 PM
    Has the 'toy' market (Android/iOS) reached saturation? What is next?

- Samsung Electronics's profits fell eight per cent, year on year, in its second quarter of 2015 � as sales of its Galaxy S6 failed to gain traction. Sales also took a 7.2 per cent hit, year on year

- LG numbers came in at 14.1 million smartphones. This is down 8% from Q1.

- Apple iPhone sales down 22% from Q1 market share about 13.4%. Apple is bleeding market share annually

- Microsoft 2% decline to 8.4M LUMIA with 2.4% market share
    Quarter to quarter comparison are incorrect. You do not/cannot compare result from Q1 to Q2. You can only compare result year over year (the year ago quarter) For example, you compare results from Q1/2015 to Q1/2014. Especially since Q1 usually includes holiday sales, there will always be a drop of in sales in the following quarter.

-Samsung is having falling profit issues. Sales have been taken a hit, as Samsung is experience increasing pressure from both the high end from Apple, and the low end with countless Chinese smartphone vendors. But Samsung still sells hundred of million more units that Blackberry.

-LG just became the third largest smartphone vendor last quarter displacing Microsoft and pushing Blackberry into the #5 position.

- Apple just reported yet another record breaking quarter with iPhone sales up 35% year over year, and record third quarter profits. Apple's market share has been increasing since the introduction of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

-Microsoft did have a decline of Lumia sales, and they were displaced by LG as the third largest smartphone vendor in the world. Microsoft also had a major write of of the Nokia devision, but even Microsoft is doing better than Blackberry in the smartphone market.

Also calling iOS and Android toys is just plain absurd. Especially since both iOS and Android own the enterprise market, with the majority of mobile enterprise software being created for iOS and Android. While Blackberry isn't even a consideration, and Windows Phone an after though. That is the same thinking that lead Blackberry to fail in the first place. Added that iOS and Android account for 97.4% of the market and Windows Phone accounting for 2.4%. Leaving Blackberry with 0.2%. Calling iOS and Android toys is just plain insulting to theirs users, developers, and creators.
    ubizmo and JanuarJaguar like this.
    07-31-15 10:12 PM
    New sticker packs are coming soon
    To paste them all over the phone.
    08-01-15 04:23 AM
    Like Blackberry runs Android after that Blackberry runs iOS9, then Blackberry runs Windows 10?. That is a bit all over the place isn't it. Let them get Android right first, with a BB10 runtime in Android.
    08-01-15 04:32 AM
    Why would Blackberry want to take a backward step in copying these OSes?
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-01-15 05:50 AM

Original name "was" BBX (X for QNX) but they were taken to court for trademark issues with BBX so BlackBerry treated X as Roman numeral and changed it to 10. http://techland.time.com/2011/12/07/...rademark-woes/

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 
    08-01-15 07:15 AM
    I actually think it's the other way around. BB10 set a trend and has just received answer from iOS, Android and Windows. Problem is BlackBerry never made it an objective to educate people, even those using BBOS 7. BlackBerry's problem has always been offering too many phone models with crappy specs when demand was slow.
    08-01-15 07:22 AM
    You are wrong, ios9 and W10 are the response to BB10.3.2 , I invite you or everybody to Check and study these os, they have much of our loved OS10.3.2.xxxx
    08-01-15 09:08 AM
    You got a Blue Classic and a Red Passport. Now be satisfied and wait a few more cycles lol
    08-01-15 10:27 AM
    A friend of mine showed me his Win10 phone and the iconography and layout looked like a cheap copy of OS10, I wouldn't touch iOS if you paid me, and Android is so insecure it needs therapy !! Unfortunately BlackBerry hasn't got out the message that BBOS10 is the best system out there, I believe (just an opinion) as BB owners we need to be less critical over some of the trivial bugs in the OS in these fora and focus on the positives so that ppl doing online searches will see BB devices as the best out there and reconsider getting one, then there'll be more focus from Waterloo about software support !

Rant over, back to my coffee !

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2339

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-01-15 10:36 AM
    As BB has shown time and time again that they simply cannot compete in sales with Apple or Android and WP8 as well...
    While I like Windows Phone (My fiancee has one), I wouldn't put Windows Phone in that list.

Arguing BlackBerry's competitiveness with Windows Phone is like debating the speed at which the marathon will be completed by the guy with broken crutches vs. the guy with the bent wheelchair.

Android and iOS rule the market. Windows Phone being more successful than BlackBerry 10 isn't really much of a consolation prize for them when they're struggling tremendously as well.

Agree with your points though. :-)
    08-01-15 10:36 AM
    You are wrong, ios9 and W10 are the response to BB10.3.2 , I invite you or everybody to Check and study these os, they have much of our loved OS10.3.2.xxxx
    Why should anyone who use a phone care or study the OSes. Just as hundreds of millions of phone users don't know, don't care what Blackberry is. Most of them probably think that Blackberry is a kind of milk shake or sundae.
    08-01-15 10:50 AM
    Most of them probably think that Blackberry is a kind of milk shake or sundae.

Or Frosty. Yum

Where is BlackBerry response to iOS9, Windows 10, Android M?-blackberry-logo5.jpg
    08-01-15 11:04 AM
68 123