My bank has upgrade there software with payment nfc and now it's not working anymore.

Blackberry upgrade this.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 05:59 AM
    Read the forums, BB10 is stuck on RT 4.3 and will be forever.
    04-12-16 06:01 AM
    which is so sad
    04-12-16 06:55 AM
    Your sure, Chen fix us a update

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 07:01 AM
    It's coming soon
    04-12-16 07:03 AM
    Nope. When BlackBerry used Android for the Priv, there was an agreement that BlackBerry 10 wouldn't have an ART update, and if BlackBerry does, Google can revoke Google Play access to the Priv and any future Android BlackBerrys.

 Z10 STL100-3/10.3.2.2876
    04-12-16 07:05 AM
    It's on the Priv.

I know we're talking productivity and communications devices here so maybe it's not the most fair comparison, but I'm making it anyway:

You don't hear people complaining that their PS3 doesn't play PS4 games, do you? And, if you do, there is a word for those types of people...
    Sir Reaper and Lusitano17 like this.
    04-12-16 07:36 AM
    Either get a Priv or another Android device. Nothing beyond 4.3 for BB10.

*ME173X
    04-12-16 08:17 AM
    It's on the Priv.

I know we're talking productivity and communications devices here so maybe it's not the most fair comparison, but I'm making it anyway:

You don't hear people complaining that their PS3 doesn't play PS4 games, do you? And, if you do, there is a word for those types of people...
    Where have you been? I hear people always complaining about the "lackness" of backwards capability on the ps4 and I don't blame them. U can call em whatever name you want but I'm pretty sure they'll call u something that will cause ur eyes to water.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    04-12-16 09:01 AM
    Where have you been? I hear people always complaining about the "lackness" of backwards capability on the ps4 and I don't blame them. U can call em whatever name you want but I'm pretty sure they'll call u something that will cause ur eyes to water.

Posted via CB10
    Read again properly this time:

"You don't hear people complaining that their PS3 doesn't play PS4 games, do you? And, if you do, there is a word for those types of people"

Absolutely nothing about backwards compatibilty.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    04-12-16 10:45 AM

"You don't hear people complaining that their PS3 doesn't play PS4 games, do you? And, if you do, there is a word for those types of people"

And I stand corrected. Now back to my corner I go...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 12:47 PM
    My bank has upgrade there software with payment nfc and now it's not working anymore.

Blackberry upgrade this.
    You know perfectly well that BB won't do that - they've said so themselves - and that they are contractually prohibited from doing so by their license with Google for Google Play.

This is also why OSs that aren't actively in development die quickly: the Tech world is always moving forward, and without active development, your device will be quickly left behind. How many are still using their WebOS or Meego devices, despite being huge fans of those platforms? No one, because they got left behind and most things no longer work on them. That is BB10's near future...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 02:55 PM

Thank you, Good Sir!

The only place backward-compatibility would be of any relevance would be if Android were to have a "BB10 Runtime" because Android is the way forward from here... Regardless of whether or not some want to admit it.
    04-12-16 03:00 PM
    Hades.

Posted via CB10
    gamegurl likes this.
    04-12-16 03:21 PM
    But android is opensource, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 05:45 AM
    But android is opensource, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    It is, but Google play store not
    04-13-16 05:46 AM
    So, how can they make something like a contract with Google about not publishing a newer version of the androidruntime??

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 05:48 AM
    Okay, you're right - playstore isn't. That's a fact. But aren't there many other ways to get android apps on a phone running bb10?! Thought 'bout amazon. And the snap app isn't blackberry's fault, it's thirdparty - right? - so, why aren't they allowed to bring the newest android version to the runtime?? I don't understand.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 05:52 AM
    So, how can they make something like a contract with Google about not publishing a newer version of the androidruntime??

Posted via CB10
    It's not about the BB10 runtime, it's about the PRIV and it having access to Google Play. Too be honest I've never seen or heard anything that confirmed that BlackBerry was contractual prohibited, or even a member of the OHA. But most likely in order to get access to Google Apps there was a contract that did put some limitations on both the runtime and "new" BB10 devices. (and I bet Chen didn't want it made public, as it would have confirmed an end to BB10 and BB10 devices at that time)

At one time somone did mention that updating the Runtime to 5.0 would require major work for BlackBerry developers as there are a lot of changes in the API and how BB10 would integrate the runtime. And we all know that most of the development team is gone, so there is no way to do something major even if Google allowed it.... .

Chen's problem for the Classic.... would Google consider changing the chipset because the older memory isn't available a new device? I would think so... new chipset, new manufacture = an update and new device.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 04-13-16 at 11:02 AM.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-13-16 07:23 AM
    i know its unlikely but if blackberry updated the runtime one last time, i would be completely satisfied with bb10 for a while.
    04-13-16 10:54 AM
    I really like to see an update to continue the few Android app I use. I'm afraid BB10 will be my next facebook experience with BlackBerry so get us an update Maybe we have to start a campaign.
    04-13-16 12:29 PM
    You know perfectly well that BB won't do that - they've said so themselves - and that they are contractually prohibited from doing so by their license with Google for Google Play.

This is also why OSs that aren't actively in development die quickly: the Tech world is always moving forward, and without active development, your device will be quickly left behind. How many are still using their WebOS or Meego devices, despite being huge fans of those platforms? No one, because they got left behind and most things no longer work on them. That is BB10's near future...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    A few dedicated owners (who do not give up when the going gets Tough ) i still use Meego N9's and most features still work and facebook still functions on them unlike BB10, there is a good community support for meamo/Meego and even a few new apps appear, and not forgetting webOS it's a little harder to keep going, so your statement no one uses them is incorrect and I am one of many who still use them, will Blackberry Legacy and BB10 owners be of the right stuff and not give up using the OS they prefer just because things look bad, Mr Cobalt and his excellent play store work round, (many thanks to all his efforts) the Android Run Time might be updated by some Genius? or it might not be possible, I personally will not give up on BB10 or BBOS7, move to Android? I would rather get my old Nokia 2004 feature phone and use that.
    04-13-16 12:45 PM
    I really like to see an update to continue the few Android app I use. I'm afraid BB10 will be my next facebook experience with BlackBerry so get us an update Maybe we have to start a campaign.
    A campaign to do what, exactly? Force Blackberry to continue to waste resources on an unprofitable product that they've already stopped actively developing?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-13-16 01:43 PM
    A few dedicated owners (who do not give up when the going gets Tough ) i still use Meego N9's and most features still work and facebook still functions on them unlike BB10, there is a good community support for meamo/Meego and even a few new apps appear, and not forgetting webOS it's a little harder to keep going, so your statement no one uses them is incorrect and I am one of many who still use them, will Blackberry Legacy and BB10 owners be of the right stuff and not give up using the OS they prefer just because things look bad, Mr Cobalt and his excellent play store work round, (many thanks to all his efforts) the Android Run Time might be updated by some Genius? or it might not be possible, I personally will not give up on BB10 or BBOS7, move to Android? I would rather get my old Nokia 2004 feature phone and use that.
    Yes Troy was wrong when he said NO ONE.... should have clearly stated an insignificant few.
    JeepBB and Jerry A like this.
    04-13-16 02:07 PM
    I've patched Android 6.0.1 to work on BlackBerry OS10.

Will upload in a few mins.
    04-13-16 02:17 PM
69 123