Thats like owning an iphone 5 and saying i can't believe it doesn't work good.
    I'm not an iPhone fan, but I can't think of anything I can do on an iPhone 7 that I can't do just as well on an iPhone 5.

Same OS = same experience for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-21-17 05:12 PM
    I'm not an iPhone fan, but I can't think of anything I can do on an iPhone 7 that I can't do just as well on an iPhone 5.

Same OS = same experience for me.

Hmmm... You can drop it in the toilet or pool without worrying about water damage.
    Not software/OS related, but that's all I could think of now.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 04-21-17 at 07:07 PM.
    04-21-17 06:42 PM
    Speaking of waterproofed phones..
    My wife dropped her phone in the toilet several times. I declared: "if the phone got water damage or cracked screen, you will use your old bb leap". It seems to cure her first world problem of clumsiness, she doesn't bring phone in the toilet anymore..

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    04-21-17 07:12 PM
    Does the five has finger print sensor, or the pressure touch screen,
    Just saying you always get new features with new phones usually , so why keep an old one.
    04-21-17 08:10 PM
    Does the five has finger print sensor, or the pressure touch screen,
    Just saying you always get new features with new phones usually , so why keep an old one.
    Unless those new features change what I can do with the phone, I prefer to get maximum value from the one I have. I have owned 6 phones in the past 16 years, so I get an average of 2 years and eight months usage per device. Just passed four years on my Z10.

04-21-17 08:58 PM
    So, 10.3.4 matters why? Because it's "bigger" than 10.3.3. This is looking like other goofy spec discussions in these forums.

BB10 is what it is. Love it or leave it, literally.

I'm still happier on my BB10 phone than on Android or iOS for the simple reason that it fulfills my smartphone requirements. There is nothing on Android or iOS that I want, and there are elements of both if them that I dislike more than anything in BB10.

BUT, I don't recommend that the typical consumer get a BB10 phone, any more than I recommend that the typical PC user get a three year old Xenon server without a dedicated GPU for their home PC. That server will do some things really, really well (stability, low power/temp, more L1 cache, ECC memory support, I/O performance, etc) but, for the most part, it won't be things the typical PC user cares about ( CPU clock speed, support for the latest games, USB 3.1 support, low cost, etc.)

Get the right tool for the job at hand, and don't expect it to be a different tool.

Exactly

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 09:48 PM
    I would rather they fix the few bugs that occur on the current version. Besides what would you want them to add in the next update?
    Only thing I can come up with is that they improve on the android runtime.
    04-21-17 10:04 PM
    Hmmm... You can drop it in the toilet or pool without worrying about water damage.
    Not software/OS related, but that's all I could think of now.
    When I drop the 5 in the toilet, I would get another 5 instead of spend so much money on the 7. Note your 7 is water proof till you break/crack your screen.

I can believe apple still make use of the same screen resolution on the 5 in the new 7. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 02:49 AM
    I would rather they fix the few bugs that occur on the current version. Besides what would you want them to add in the next update?
    Only thing I can come up with is that they improve on the android runtime.
    Bug fixes and a browser refresh. That's about it. I don't know that anyone is left at the company who could actually bring a new bb10 version to the release point.
    04-22-17 05:14 AM
    ... Just saying you always get new features with new phones usually , so why keep an old one.
    Because it does everything you need it to do and it doesn't cost anything more just to keep using it?
    04-22-17 09:34 AM
    Bug fixes and a browser refresh. That's about it. I don't know that anyone is left at the company who could actually bring a new bb10 version to the release point.
    Agreed.

Also, to add to the bug list, here is what I have experienced thus far on my Z30 on a consistent basis:

10.3.3.2205 and below:‎
    Aside from the noted issues from BlackBerry themselves, using 2 Exchange accounts as well as 2 Hotmail/Outlook accounts, I see the following recurring issues with a clean, no restore install:

- Inability after some time from boot up to open attachments, from Exchange accounts (that I have noticed) it just hangs. Sometimes letting it get to 10-20% of downloaded data and then going back into the hub and go back into the email shows a green check mark that it has been downloaded.

- Inability after some time to copy and paste a link from the browser to a drafted email. Paste shows up but does nothing when tapping it to paste the URL. I'm sure this is the same case if it were text too from the page to the drafted email.*

- The mark as read/unread in the overflow menu breaks/stops working after a while is one of them on both my exchange accounts. I have to reboot to fix it.‎

- Every now and then, mostly after a reboot, when you launch the camera, it asks where to save the pictures taken all over again (on the phone or media card) as if it forgot it's settings from before.

Bugs since 10.3.2.x and are still on 10.3.3.x:‎
    - The camera's auto focus on close objects is awful and loses focus after it seemingly has focus.

- The damn phone app is extremely slow to make and hang up calls. Rebooting only solves the issue for about an hour or so and then starts acting up again. PLEASE FIX THIS DAG NABBIT. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE WITH THIS ISSUE!!!!!

- PayPal still does not work within BBW!!
    04-22-17 09:20 PM
    a promise is a promise. 10.3.4 will carry us into the next decade!

Posted via CBX
    04-22-17 09:34 PM
    a promise is a promise. 10.3.4 will carry us into the next decade!

Posted via CBX
    speaking of which, I just saw the film The Promise and it was really good.

/off topic.
    04-22-17 09:56 PM
    BB10.3.3.1463 for the Z30 is completely Broken. Not sure what the heck they did but Browser, WiFi, apps etc., all now run slow. Where as B4 the update all was running smooth.

BlackBerry needs to fix this major problem ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 08:05 AM
    Considering how expensive the NIAP certification might have been... and I'm not sure how much profit they can ever leverage from the extra sales that might have come from that certification... which seems low considering the stocks - none - on shop.blackberry.com (unless there are dedicated channels for enterprise customers)

Well, perhaps the certification allowed them to massively sale old stocks to some enterprise/gov custome at discount rate. Who knows?

Anyway.

At this time, with no evolutionary change planned for BB10, on any front whatsoever (observe that BlackBerry never said anything wrt to updates to BB10 since the release of 10.3.3) I would expect 10.3.4, if ever released, to be a fix for vulnerabilities, TLS and/or VPN updates and.... hopefully, fix the bluetooth regression that seem to plague many passports with 10.3.3.

In fact, if they just fixed the bluetooth bug before officially killing BB10, it would already be xmas time for me. They really screwed up on this one, needless to say.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-17 05:29 AM
    screwed up or planned it all along? anyway, i'm not having issues but would like to see some freshening/fixing at some point...while they may not sell more bb10 devices, there are tons out there. we already paid for security updates, as that was the promise when we shelled out our cash.

Posted via CBX
    04-24-17 07:41 AM
    Chen ran away and he is hiding...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 01:20 AM
    Chen ran away and he is hiding...

Posted via CB10
    Same as what you're doing after posting your drive-by comments.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-25-17 02:40 AM
    If I recall correctly, the 10.3.4 update was 'promised' for this year. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that one or two interns worked on patching vulnerabilities from released patch files (for open source components and/or shared modules with qnx) and perhaps investigating a few issues with bb10 and BES integration that some corporate users might have. And this set of small fixes be released once re-certified (which should be faster this time). *if* that's the case, 10.3.4 would be released by end of Q4 and would honour any legal agreements to maintain 10.3.4 up to (beginning of) 2018.

That's pure fabrication of my software developer imagination. And my xmas gift if bluetooth is fixed.

(in the meantime, i'm considering zapping my passport se to factory defaults to see if it fixes the bluetooth thing...)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 05:29 AM
    If I recall correctly, the 10.3.4 update was 'promised' for this year. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that one or two interns worked on patching vulnerabilities from released patch files (for open source components and/or shared modules with qnx) and perhaps investigating a few issues with bb10 and BES integration that some corporate users might have. And this set of small fixes be released once re-certified (which should be faster this time). *if* that's the case, 10.3.4 would be released by end of Q4 and would honour any legal agreements to maintain 10.3.4 up to (beginning of) 2018.

That's pure fabrication of my software developer imagination. And my xmas gift if bluetooth is fixed.

(in the meantime, i'm considering zapping my passport se to factory defaults to see if it fixes the bluetooth thing...)

Posted via CB10
    What Bluetooth issue(s) are you having?

I have issues where my phone refuses to make a BT connection to my car's system (Lexus 2014). Happens 5 out of 10 times which is a lot.
    04-25-17 07:03 AM
    If I recall correctly, the 10.3.4 update was 'promised' for this year.
    Actually, it was promised for December of last year. Nothing official has been said about it in quite a while.
    04-25-17 07:26 AM
    Actually, it was promised for December of last year. Nothing official has been said about it in quite a while.
    I think you are correct!! Then yeah, perhaps the only thing we can hope for is one last 10.3.3 build to fix the regressions.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 07:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can pretty much assure you that wiping your phone to factory settings should fix the issues. OTA updates are always buggy with BB10. Autoloaders and fresh wipes are the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 07:49 AM
    I had done a security wipe and factory reset through link that took about an afternoon to complete. It seemed to be a safe way... i'll do the autoloader on my next try.

I've read posts about people who pseudo-brick their phone before wiping... not sure it's worth going to that extreme!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 05:28 PM
    I've read posts about people who pseudo-brick their phone before wiping... not sure it's worth going to that extreme!
    Don't worry. As long as you can get an autoloader it's almost impossible to brick the device, permanently, at least.
    04-25-17 06:18 PM
104 1234 ...