I'm not sure how this works. For example in windows, even after you uninstall something, it can leave a host of files, folders, hidden files, registry entries etc.

How does blackberry OS 10 work? If you install a software you think is a data mining app, and you uninstall it. Does it leave any residual crap on the phone that you are unaware of or does it do complete and absolute removal and returns the device back to its original state short of deleting it also on app world?
    07-10-13 01:26 AM
    I'm not entirely sure. It SHOULD. But then there are some badly coded apps that might not.

And then there are some that might be intentionally badly coded for that purpose.

Posted in the pooper
    07-10-13 01:35 AM
    - The app's get removed fully not leaving a trace. After deleting app's, wait for a few mins and check on BB World 'My World' and have a look at the list 'Available' the app you deleted should be there hence confirming the app has been deleted fully. For Sideloaded apps, after deleting you should give a restart after deleting the Side-Loaded App
    07-10-13 01:47 AM
    I'm not entirely sure. It SHOULD. But then there are some badly coded apps that might not.

And then there are some that might be intentionally badly coded for that purpose.

Posted in the pooper
    Those two scenarios you posted are exactly what I want to avoid.
    07-10-13 01:53 AM
    - The app's get removed fully not leaving a trace. After deleting app's, wait for a few mins and check on BB World 'My World' and have a look at the list 'Available' the app you deleted should be there hence confirming the app has been deleted fully. For Sideloaded apps, after deleting you should give a restart after deleting the Side-Loaded App
    How do we know the file didnt create or leave files in other containers? Since there is no 'explorer' in the BB10 OS and is completely transparent to the user, theres no way to look through all the folders to make sure there is no file hiding somewhere or some registry setting was changed.
    07-10-13 01:54 AM
    How do we know the file didnt create or leave files in other containers? Since there is no 'explorer' in the BB10 OS and is completely transparent to the user, theres no way to look through all the folders to make sure there is no file hiding somewhere or some registry setting was changed.
    An application can write file in three areas: it's own sandbox, which is removed when the app is deleted; device shared folder; and the SD Card. The latter two can be explored with the File Manager, or by a PC over Wi-Fi or USB. Presumably the user doesn't want to delete files from the shared areas since that should be user created or downloaded content.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:50 AM
    Ok Thanks.

I downloaded an app that must have been made for the android. Its deleted. In any case I also know there is an 'android player'.

I am looking at explorer and I'm seeing an "android" folder under misc. I'm not sure if this was left by a program? Can I delete this?
    07-10-13 07:58 AM
    Android apps - no. They can write anywhere in android folder. And often leave pieces behind.

Bbry native and air and WebWorks - they can only leave residual files in your Documents / Downloads / Misc (where you can get at them). The apps themselves install to a bubble and the entire bubble is deleted on removal

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-10-13 08:02 AM
    Android apps - no. They can write anywhere in android folder. And often leave pieces behind.

Bbry native and air and WebWorks - they can only leave residual files in your Documents / Downloads / Misc (where you can get at them). The apps themselves install to a bubble and the entire bubble is deleted on removal

Posted via CB from my LE
    Where is the android folder?sorry complete noob. Im looking at File Manager. Under /misc/ there is a folder called "android" (so /misc/android). It has some stuff in there. I want to delete this if I can cause I dont plan on using android apps.

Was this folder left by the old program or is this a system file? FIle manager allows me to delete if I want. For some reason, the pictures folder under this path mimics exactly the pictures I have in my normal folder. Is this normal?
    07-10-13 08:04 AM
    I am looking at explorer and I'm seeing an "android" folder under misc. I'm not sure if this was left by a program? Can I delete this?
    DO NOT delete that folder. It's symbolic link central - its created by BBRY to support Android apps with your files.

Delete a song / picture / video there. It deletes it from your documents too.

You can trim in that folder. Just know if u delete anything in there it will delete all clones on your phone.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-10-13 08:04 AM
    DO NOT delete that folder. It's symbolic link central - its created by BBRY to support Android apps with your files.

Delete a song / picture / video there. It deletes it from your documents too.

You can trim in that folder. Just know if u delete anything in there it will delete all clones on your phone.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Ok Thanks. Yeah I just did an experiment with a picture and it deleted outside of it too.
    07-10-13 08:08 AM