You can't delete PINs from the hub without opening them first. This means if you have a lot of PINs you can't choose the option to delete prior, you must open every single one of them separately to then delete it. This has been a problem since day 1 and I'm annoyed at the fact that with 10.2 being on the doorstep it still hasn't been fixed. I test it every time a new leak arrives and it's always the same. Has anyone else noticed this and do you find it as annoying as I do? Let's hope it is fixed before the first 10.2 official release.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:44 PM
    People still use PIN messaging?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:14 PM
    People still use PIN messaging?

Posted via CB10
    I do and it's annoying as f*ck when I'm cleaning up my hub and have to open each PIN individually to delete them

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:19 PM
    I do and it's annoying as f*ck when I'm cleaning up my hub and have to open each PIN individually to delete them

Posted via CB10
    I honestly think that no-one else has noticed because no-one uses this.

Posted via CB10
    thermiks likes this.
    09-23-13 04:29 PM
    What exactly are the PIN messages? I own my first BlackBerry for less than 2 months.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-23-13 04:38 PM
    What exactly are the PIN messages? I own my first BlackBerry for less than 2 months.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    It's an antiquated BlackBerry messaging system. Just use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:45 PM
    It's an antiquated BlackBerry messaging system. Just use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Pin message has there place. No need to have business contacts in your BBM contact list seeing your "private" picks and status etc. But still communicate via pins. Plus on bbos it has priority profiles for pin messages.

I'm with the op on this one. Seems those guys at BlackBerry don't use these devices because if they did a lot of these oversights would not have been missed

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    09-23-13 04:51 PM
    Pin message has there place. No need to have business contacts in your BBM contact list seeing your "private" picks and status etc. But still communicate via pins. Plus on bbos it has priority profiles for pin messages.

I'm with the op on this one. Seems those guys at BlackBerry don't use these devices because if they did a lot of these oversights would not have been missed

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but very very few people use it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:23 PM
    Is this anything like the facebook notifications? the only way to mark all as read is long press the date and select mark as read or delete.But it's the only one like that. I don't use pin messaging but is it the same? Could you long press the date to delate all? I'm on 10.2.0.1323 and plan to stay there until official 10.2.
    09-24-13 12:36 AM
    Is this anything like the facebook notifications? the only way to mark all as read is long press the date and select mark as read or delete.But it's the only one like that. I don't use pin messaging but is it the same? Could you long press the date to delate all? I'm on 10.2.0.1323 and plan to stay there until official 10.2.
    The bug with PINs is that you CANT long press the date or long press the PIN to delete them. You must open each PIN individually to then delete them.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 03:37 AM
    I reproduced what you're talking about. I can see that being annoying. One workaround is to long press one of them and choose select more, touch each one to highlight them and then touch delete. It works.
    09-24-13 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy your BlackBerry device.

What is PIN (messaging)?
    When two parties have to communicate electronically both need to know the other participants address.
    We know this from phone numbers, email adresses, IP adresses etc.
    So the sender transmits to the destination "address" and by means of transport protocols, the data somehow gets there (and as users we really don't care how).

This brings us back to BlackBerry PIN numbers. Years back BlackBerry defined their own transport protocol called Service Relay Protocol or just SRP. The "relay" part indicates the traffic is relayed through BlackBerry Infrastructure called BlackBerry Relay Servers.

Each BlackBerry device has a unique PIN number stamped into the device upon manufactoring.
    The device can send a text message to another device by adressing the PIN number. The message is then sent (using the SRP protocol) through the carriers network to the BlackBerry Relay and on to the recipients carrier network to the receiving device.

You can simply think of this as a text message (SMS) just transmitted withing the BlackBerry data network.
    In a corporate environment using BES5 the PIN address of all your colleagues could easily be looked up, but you had to manually exchange them with your friends etc. Not so easy! If you want to test, look up your own PIN (Settings -> About) and compose a message to your own PIN number. You will notice it is much faster than standard SMS.

On top of PIN messages is the BlackBerry messenger built, so when ever you send someone a BBM message is is just at PIN message beeing transmitted behind the scenes.

The PIN messages are not so relevant anymore from a user perspective because BlackBerry introduced the "BlackBerry ID" some years ago. The BlackBerry ID (email address) is used to connect to the other persons BBM and the PIN exchange happens in the background.

Sorry this post became so long. I hope someone appreciates the historical/technical background.
    teostar and laketrout73 like this.
    09-24-13 08:07 AM
    I reproduced what you're talking about. I can see that being annoying. One workaround is to long press one of them and choose select more, touch each one to highlight them and then touch delete. It works.
    That doesn't work for me. I still have to open each PIN individually to delete them.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:48 AM
    Never

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 04:58 PM
    Pin messaging, eh? Cool.
    09-25-13 05:01 PM
    Never

Posted via CB10
    Surely they can't ignore this bug forever!?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:26 PM
    I'd like to see BlackBerry fix that "RIM BLACKBERRY INDONESIA" schmuck...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 11:04 PM
    Surely they can't ignore this bug forever!?

Posted via CB10
    They have to focus on bugs in features that people actually use. This will be way down the priority list.

Go report it to them, we can't help you.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:27 AM