I have a Z10 and still haven't gotten the 10.1 maintenance update much less the 10.2 or 10.2.1 update...

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:22 PM
    Sadly no one knows. If you are comfortable, you might just want to install a leak. There is no telling with AT&T.
    01-03-14 09:25 PM
    Sadly no one knows. If you are comfortable, you might just want to install a leak. There is no telling with AT&T.
    Is something that can be done easily? I'm pretty tech savvy but can get easily confused when people discuss leaks and android ports for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:33 PM
    Get a US$3 BELL micro-SIM from ebay.

Insert in AT&T phone, software update, and forget about AT&T.
    01-03-14 09:39 PM
    kind of a pointless question... no offense. it's just AT&T does not care about your need to know about the next software update nor anything BlackBerry. I know from personal experience. I say go the safe route with Sachesi and load the latest 10.2 official you can find. I'm still using 10.2.0.429 which I upgraded to using Sachesi and there was no wiping or reloading of anything needed.

you can do the sim card option like the poster above me has recommended... but you'd only be tied to the software updates that that service provider receives. With Sachesi, you can choose any software update specific to your phone from any country source.
    01-03-14 10:00 PM
    Is something that can be done easily? I'm pretty tech savvy but can get easily confused when people discuss leaks and android ports for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, leak installation is easy. Makes more sense to this than buying a sim card from Canada to me.

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-03-14 10:03 PM
    Get a US$3 BELL micro-SIM from ebay.

Insert in AT&T phone, software update, and forget about AT&T.
    I can really get one for as cheap as $3.00?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:09 PM
    I can really get one for as cheap as $3.00?

Posted via CB10
    Search: 'Bell Mobility micro Sim Card'

First seller is where I got mine from: wildcable.

It took 3 days to get from Vancouver to Vegas.

Oh....BELL and AT&T have the same phone radio for the Q1 (SQN100-1)...so no problems with compatibility.
    01-03-14 10:12 PM
    I order from EBay all the time
    I never said anything about ordering something from the Internet was difficult. What I asked was if you get a card from a Canadian mobile carrier for as cheap as $3.00

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:14 PM
    Yes, leak installation is easy. Makes more sense to this than buying a sim card from Canada to me.

How do I get the leak installation?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm an AT&T user as well an Dallas I can say is that you will have to wait for hell to freeze over.

Loading a leak is super simple. Run the autoloader and let it do it s thing. What you will need to consider is if you will restore your phone or load from scratch. I don't believe in restoring anymore but if you have to, I would recommend you use ContactX for your contacts. It works flawlessly and will not affect the dark theme setting.

If you do load a leak, make sure to go for the 1925. It's the latest and the greatest.

MePiikan...you shall not be forgotten.
    01-03-14 10:15 PM
    What's the best Canadian carrier who pushes out the updates first that I can buy a sim from?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:25 PM
    Will he updates eventually come to AT&T? Should I just wait?

Thanks.

~Dylan

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 10:26 PM
    How do I get the leak installation?

Posted via CB10
    Go into the leaked subforum, download the. 1925 autoloader, back up your phone via Link (if you need to save anything) . Extract and run autoloader. Sit back and let it do its thing for about 5 mins. Once your phone has rebooted, go through device setup and restore data via link if necessary

01-03-14 10:32 PM
    Is it really that difficult to order from eBay?
    No. But it is foolish in my opinion to **** away the money for one, wait 3-5 days to receive it, and be locked to that carrier's releases when you do it yourself from a file here on the forums and be up and running within an hour

extisis likes this.
    01-03-14 10:36 PM
    01-04-14 03:47 AM
    As an AT&T user I can tell you that you don't have to wait.
    You can get the latest OS approved by a Canadian carrier like Rogers on your phone right now. You are safe to go this route as long as they are compatible, and Rogers and AT&T roam on each other's networks so they are definitely compatible.

You have two ways to go about getting the latest released 10.2 OS right now.
    #1. Use the software Sachesi provided in a link further up in this thread. This costs $0 but requires a little work on your end to get Sachesi and then use it to download the latest OS and then deploy it to your phone.
    #2. Use a SIM from a Canadian carrier to fool your phone into thinking you are on their network, so your phone then requests the latest authorized version for that carrier of the OS from BlackBerry.
    This requires that you buy a SIM card for the Canadian carrier you want to leverage (I bought mine from Rogers) but you do not actually need a plan with that carrier. Then you also have to have your phone unlocked. The SIM has a cost and unlocking your phone might as well (AT&T unlocked mine for free and then refused to do so for my dad since they just changed their policy).

Since my dad's phone is not unlocked, he is going to use Sachesi to stick the latest Rogers approved OS on his Z10. I am running a BETA on my Z10, but when Rogers comes out with 10.2.1 I will use my SIM to update because to me it's easier since my phone is already unlocked and I have the SIM.

At this point you have no one but yourself to blame for running 10.1 as you can have the official 10.2 running in hours if you want it. :-)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 01:34 PM
    The carriers are killing BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 03:31 PM
    Just do a leak. I've been too lazy to get the newest leak.

Z10
    01-04-14 03:35 PM
    I have a Z10 and still haven't gotten the 10.1 maintenance update much less the 10.2 or 10.2.1 update...

Posted via CB10
    You are better off installing an official 10.2 from Roger or a leaked beta. The way AT&T is going about promoting BlackBerry, I think it will be a long time before they release one or if they even dedicate man power for testing.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10.
    01-04-14 03:40 PM
    Why would you come to this forum to ask?

This is something that should be asked of AT&T, not CB.

But, please, after asking AT&T, do come here and tell us what kind of response you get.

American carriers are a contributing factor in the dismal #'s BlackBerry has to deal with.

CDN BB
    01-05-14 02:28 AM
    As long as BlackBerry puts out devices and continues making great OSs. The Crackberry community will support them. Eventually BlackBerry will have to recognize the support they've gotten from their fans at Crackberry!

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    01-05-14 02:42 AM
    By the way...

My BBZ10 Superphone STL 100-3 10.2.1.1925
    01-05-14 02:51 AM
    As an AT&T user I can tell you that you don't have to wait.
    You can get the latest OS approved by a Canadian carrier like Rogers on your phone right now. You are safe to go this route as long as they are compatible, and Rogers and AT&T roam on each other's networks so they are definitely compatible.

You have two ways to go about getting the latest released 10.2 OS right now.
    #1. Use the software Sachesi provided in a link further up in this thread. This costs $0 but requires a little work on your end to get Sachesi and then use it to download the latest OS and then deploy it to your phone.
    #2. Use a SIM from a Canadian carrier to fool your phone into thinking you are on their network, so your phone then requests the latest authorized version for that carrier of the OS from BlackBerry.
    This requires that you buy a SIM card for the Canadian carrier you want to leverage (I bought mine from Rogers) but you do not actually need a plan with that carrier. Then you also have to have your phone unlocked. The SIM has a cost and unlocking your phone might as well (AT&T unlocked mine for free and then refused to do so for my dad since they just changed their policy).

Since my dad's phone is not unlocked, he is going to use Sachesi to stick the latest Rogers approved OS on his Z10. I am running a BETA on my Z10, but when Rogers comes out with 10.2.1 I will use my SIM to update because to me it's easier since my phone is already unlocked and I have the SIM.

At this point you have no one but yourself to blame for running 10.1 as you can have the official 10.2 running in hours if you want it. :-)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    After you do this, will you be able to switch and put your sim card in and just use another carriers to only allow the update? I am here in the states on Verizon and would be willing to go this route, but would not want this to not allow future updates or mess something else up in time
    01-05-14 02:59 AM
    After you do this, will you be able to switch and put your sim card in and just use another carriers to only allow the update? I am here in the states on Verizon and would be willing to go this route, but would not want this to not allow future updates or mess something else up in time
    If the update is a higher version number then you get notified.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    01-05-14 03:07 AM
66 123