Im taking about multi platform "big name" apps made by large companies for example wikipedia, we chat, bookings.com, bloomberg, USA today, news and banking apps and the like for BlackBerry 10.

Put aside whatsapp because thats updated one a month almost which is great.

Because of the amazon app store push I realise that native app development would slow down tremendously but I hope its not completely dead.

My most recent one is intouchapp contacts just a couple of days ago.

Differentiate or Die
    08-19-14 01:56 PM
    So, you are asking: "are big apps not being updated anymore?" And then you finish by saying: "my most recent was a few days ago."?

I think you answered your own question. As far as I can tell it is not dead, but it is certainly not slowing down very much either. It has just always been slow.

As for my personal 'big' apps in the last month: CB10, W.App, BBM, Evernote, NFL. That's not too bad is it?

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    pttptppt and der_mit like this.
    08-19-14 02:12 PM
    So, you are asking: "are big apps not being updated anymore?" And then you finish by saying: "my most recent was a few days ago."?

I think you answered your own question. As far as I can tell it is not dead, but it is certainly not slowing down very much either. It has just always been slow.

As for my personal 'big' apps in the last month: CB10, W.App, BBM, Evernote, NFL. That's not too bad is it?

Channel: C0007CC89 | CB10 signed.
    Where in the world did you get that?

Im asking WHEN was the most recent time your installed "big name" app was updated. Not ARE they being updated or not cause I know SOME are.

Whatsapp is the only big name app which hasnt slown down in development progress.

And the rest have been slowing down. We chat, Wikipedia, SKYPE, Twitter, four square havent been updated in many months and im a little concerned.

Differentiate or Die
    calirevolt likes this.
    08-19-14 02:36 PM
    Too be honest... most my Native Apps are

BeWeather 10 Pro - May 7th, 2014
    The Weather Channel - May 7th, 2013
    What's Up - April 15, 2014
    SoundHound - Dec 4th, 2013
    OneDrive - March 4th, 2014
    Flixster - July 3rd, 2013
    CNN - June 13th, 2013
    CBS - May 21st, 2014
    NBC - Jan 15th, 2014
    ABC - pulled their app

But my most used apps are mostly Android Apps, those installed via SNAP usually get an update pretty regularly.... I just have to be careful and make sure they don't conflict with my Amazon installed apps as those might be older.... but they work.

Have several BlackBerry utilities that do get updated regularly, and the CB app did just get a LONG over do update. But these are not big name apps. They are specific App gear towards the community. Heck the CB10 App had to go opensource to get an update and that took how many months... Not saying it isn't appreciated, but it give you an idea of just how much Companies like CrackBerry are willing to spend for supporting a platform. Whereas the Mobile Nations version found on Google Play for CrackBerry has gotten a number of updates...

But yes if you compare dates in the App Store and Google Play to many of the "Major Brand" Apps in BlackBerry World, it's clear that it is not getting updates nearly as regularly from developers. If BlackBerry does anything that requires developers to make a big change... might see a few apps disappear as their developers haven't touched some in over a year.
    08-19-14 02:38 PM
    Too be honest... most my Native Apps are

BeWeather 10 Pro - May 7th, 2014
    The Weather Channel - May 7th, 2013
    What's Up - April 15, 2014
    SoundHound - Dec 4th, 2013
    OneDrive - March 4th, 2014
    Flixster - July 3rd, 2013
    CNN - June 13th, 2013
    CBS - May 21st, 2014
    NBC - Jan 15th, 2014
    ABC - pulled their app

But my most used apps are mostly Android Apps, those installed via SNAP usually get an update pretty regularly.... I just have to be careful and make sure they don't conflict with my Amazon installed apps as those might be older.... but they work.

Have several BlackBerry utilities that do get updated regularly, and the CB app did just get a LONG over do update. But these are not big name apps. They are specific App gear towards the community. Heck the CB10 App had to go opensource to get an update and that took how many months... Not saying it isn't appreciated, but it give you an idea of just how much Companies like CrackBerry are willing to spend for supporting a platform. Whereas the Mobile Nations version found on Google Play for CrackBerry has gotten a number of updates...

But yes if you compare dates in the App Store and Google Play to many of the "Major Brand" Apps in BlackBerry World, it's clear that it is not getting updates nearly as regularly from developers. If BlackBerry does anything that requires developers to make a big change... might see a few apps disappear as their developers haven't touched some in over a year.
    I see it the way you do too. The sad thing is I do feel that by BlackBerry going all android on us is that "big name" native app development will come to a halt or outright being pulled out of BlackBerry world.

Can you guys imagine the future versions of twitter, facebook NOT being in the HUB? Well thats the very thing that gonna happen if we go all android.

Differentiate or Die
    08-19-14 02:52 PM
    Every day

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 02:53 PM
    Where in the world did you get that?

Im asking WHEN was the most recent time your installed "big name" app was updated. Not ARE they being updated or not cause I know SOME are.

Whatsapp is the only big name app which hasnt slown down in development progress.

And the rest have been slowing down. We chat, Wikipedia, SKYPE, Twitter, four square havent been updated in many months and im a little concerned.

Differentiate or Die
    I carry a company-issued iPhone in addition to my personal Z30. Of the apps you list, I haven't seen Skype or Twitter updates recently on my iPhone either. Apps are updated for bug fixes or new features. So they're updated when required, not necessarily on a pre-set schedule.
    08-19-14 05:11 PM
    BlackBerry World Today :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 05:17 PM
    I carry a company-issued iPhone in addition to my personal Z30. Of the apps you list, I haven't seen Skype or Twitter updates recently on my iPhone either. Apps are updated for bug fixes or new features. So they're updated when required, not necessarily on a pre-set schedule.
    For iOS There was an update for skype on 30th july and for twitter on the 11th august both this year obviously. I have an iphone too.

Differentiate or Die
    08-20-14 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry Work Drives, translator express, today!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:41 PM
    Is it possible that some apps are well written and don't NEED to be updated?

OP, the thread comes across as looking for a stick to beat someone with.
    08-27-14 02:46 PM
    Is it possible that some apps are well written and don't NEED to be updated?

OP, the thread comes across as looking for a stick to beat someone with.
    Nah check my past posts, im a true blue BlackBerry supporter and I want to know/see our native apps are still relevant, as you can imagine I only download the apps I actually use so id like to gather the consensus from other crackberrians.

Show me a single app thats well written big name app on ios or android that hasnt been updated in more than 4 months and you'll have a point.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:12 PM
    Since it's developed by BlackBerry, I'm just surprised that the Google Talk app hasn't been updated since last year.
    I would've expected them to either pull the app or update it.

Was happy to see the NFL app recently updated. That's the only "Big name" multi-platform app I have on my Q10.

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    08-27-14 07:26 PM
    I see it the way you do too. The sad thing is I do feel that by BlackBerry going all android on us is that "big name" native app development will come to a halt or outright being pulled out of BlackBerry world.

Can you guys imagine the future versions of twitter, facebook NOT being in the HUB? Well thats the very thing that gonna happen if we go all android.

Differentiate or Die
    That's my worst fear when it comes to BB10's future. But Facebook BB10 app is made by BlackBerry.

Unfortunately, it seems like that's BB's future. Android integration has ruined this wonderful OS.

I only use native apps and I'll never embrace android or the amazon app store.
    Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 08:26 PM
    I hate to see this thread die. Was a good discussion. I really enjoy native apps. I love the UI and want to see BB succeed with them. Anyway, I looked at the CB list of top apps and when they were updated. By the way, I would really love to see these lists updated for 2014.

Paid:
    IM Pro - Apr 2013
    Gnews - Aug 2014
    Podcasts - Aug 2014
    Stocks - Dec 2013
    Book Reader - Apr 2013
    My Accountant - July 2014
    Play Cloud 10 - Aug 2014
    Read it Now - June 2014
    Paper cam - Aug 2014

Free:
    CB 10 - Aug 2014, Thank God
    Spark - May 2013
    Untapped - Sept 2013
    Songza - don't get me started
    Flixster - same
    Score - got an error when looked up
    Badoo - Aug 2014
    Conqu - 2012

Kindle - 2013
    Slacker - 2012
    08-28-14 12:20 PM
    Tune In Radio hasn't ever gotten an update since the first and only version came out for BB10
    Besides that, most of my current apps have received at least one update.
    08-28-14 01:11 PM
    Would kill for an update to Wechat.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:37 PM
    Would kill for an update to Wechat.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. The android version doesn't have hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:52 PM