The likely don't want to invest money in apps or whatever else for BB10 because they have decided to move on from it and continuing to throw money at it won't make sense and has zero chance of growth as there will no longer be new BB10 devices meaning the user base now is all there is and it will only shrink as devices get old and people move on. Even if they had editing apps and updates. It won't last.
    No doubt but like I said they'd probably make more money from their current fan base on BB10 lol.
    07-07-17 04:26 PM
    No doubt but like I said they'd probably make more money from their current fan base on BB10 lol.
    Short term maybe.
    07-07-17 05:09 PM
    Proper term would be "not lose as much". They never ever made any money (profit) from anything BB10...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-07-17 07:16 PM
    If I may chime in,
    With Blackberry claiming to be a software company and is now in the business of updating OS's and creating apps for android it begs to question why they couldn't do the same for BB10. I mean I don't think that there is a huge number of people on android that are flocking to the Google Play Store to buy Blackberry apps, maybe only the loyalists if that. And that's not even considering the numbers that are too cheap to pay and will seek out cobalt 's android solutions.
    Now if they decided to create some new apps on BB10 that could fill the productivity gap (document editors like word with wider range of compatibility) I am sure that many would rally to support such a move and do so with their wallets. It would let them hold on to both and their loyalist while gambling on Android.
    The Google Play store may be larger but the number of people that will buy the app are in greater numbers still on BB10.

It would be an interesting play is all I'm saying but I'm guessing Blackberry wants to encourage everyone to leave BB10 and run with their new Android children.
    Blackberry Limited is an Enterprise Software company, not a generic software company. The reason they do Android builds is because BlackBerry Mobile pays them a percentage of their revenue. BB10 updates would not generate revenue. No Money no software. BlackBerry Limited is not a charity.
    07-08-17 01:27 AM
    How? Blackberry Limited is out of the hardware business and will not return to making phones. They have licensed that business to three companies, one TCL has exclusive rights to sell BlackBerry phones to about 90% of the world.
    07-08-17 01:31 AM
    How? Blackberry Limited is out of the hardware business and will not return to making phones. They have licensed that business to three companies, one TCL has exclusive rights to sell BlackBerry phones to about 90% of the world.
    It's a hypothetical with a touch of humor my friend.
    I think I should have also said that the thought was in another scenario in an earlier time before the KEYᵒⁿᵉ

I think the KEYᵒⁿᵉ showed everyone it can work on Android and there is hope for the true Blackberry style phones.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-08-17 at 06:22 AM.
    07-08-17 06:08 AM
    Blackberry Limited is an Enterprise Software company, not a generic software company. The reason they do Android builds is because BlackBerry Mobile pays them a percentage of their revenue. BB10 updates would not generate revenue. No Money no software. BlackBerry Limited is not a charity.
    I beg to differ, they are still involved in providing us Blackberrians with phones software that barely turn a profit if any lol
    07-08-17 06:39 AM
    BB10 + BBOS7 all the way to the bottom of the ocean, I'm hanging on til I have to drown or let go.

I do wish all my BB10 music apps would quit croaking off of BB World, though : (
    07-08-17 07:16 PM
    BB10 + BBOS7 all the way to the bottom of the ocean, I'm hanging on til I have to drown or let go.

I do wish all my BB10 music apps would quit croaking off of BB World, though : (
    Try folder player
    07-08-17 08:16 PM
    I beg to differ, they are still involved in providing us Blackberrians with phones software that barely turn a profit if any lol
    In the new model BlackBerry Limited has ZERO risk. TCL assumes all the risk and about 99.5% of the cost. I doubt BlackBerry has more than a few engineers working on Android. If TCL does not generate enough royalties to pay for a few engineers my guess is BlackBerry will cut the few engineers and TCL would have to pick up the work. BlackBerry provide some limited changes to Android. The vast majority of the Android work is done by Google. BlackBerry Android probably requires less than .01% of the software engineering effort required for BB10.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-08-17 08:30 PM
    Stable I get, because it was developed for a handful of devices and development ended at that.
    I'd say it's stability has more to do with the fact that it's based on an OS that's been around since before Microsoft came up with Windows 1.0 than anything else.

Android is newer, and loads more popular, but QNX has been a supremely stable mission critical OS for longer than Google has been a company.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-08-17 10:14 PM
    I think Mr Chen has made his position clear in the earnings financial report they had. Crackberry posted the video and during Q&A section someone from the floor asked about BB10. The answer by Mr Chen was very clear that BB10 is 'DEAD'.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 03:38 AM
    Hi guys,
    Be happy. The Blackberry, Android, iPhone and Window all of them are good phone. This is an individual preference. I used all of them, and to be honest, I have my classic and my Moto Z Force. My BlackBerry is my commute one. I use my android for multimedia in home. But productivity is my thing. I really do not care if someone come and criticized me for my BlackBerry 10. Is my phone, I paid for, I paying my monthly bill to Verizon and I enjoy use my phone. I have my scuba suit too, and I know how to swing. I enjoy my trip until is done. I know that when this ship rest in the deep floor of the ocean, BlackBerry will resurge with a better BlackBerry device under android or BlackBerry 11. We never know. So far, the ship is still in movement, and moving through the water pretty well. The funny thing is that I enjoy this trip in this old ship. Those with the new ship hate me because I enjoy my trip in the same water that them. Love me haters!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 07:59 PM
    You folks that NEED your devices for work, kudos too you for staying with the BlackBerry brand!

Fortunately for me, I don't need my device for work. However, I use my phone to handle quite a few things for my hobby/business. I've used iOS and Andriod the learning curve from PC/Mac to handheld was (at times) a bit tough for me. The flow and functionality of the BB10 OS makes working between Windows & Mac using a handheld device seemless (for me) while keeping some modicum of security & privacy.

I know eventually I will be making the switch. Currently, this platform is working so smoothly for me. I started with BlackBerry Z10 and it was great but storage became an issue. I upgraded. So, until it doesn't serve my purposes or becomes unsuitable or too cumbersome, I'll be sticking with my...

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    Akis Tsirogiannis likes this.
    07-12-17 11:14 PM
    If I may chime in,
    With Blackberry claiming to be a software company and is now in the business of updating OS's and creating apps for android it begs to question why they couldn't do the same for BB10. I mean I don't think that there is a huge number of people on android that are flocking to the Google Play Store to buy Blackberry apps, maybe only the loyalists if that. And that's not even considering the numbers that are too cheap to pay and will seek out cobalt 's android solutions.
    Now if they decided to create some new apps on BB10 that could fill the productivity gap (document editors like word with wider range of compatibility) I am sure that many would rally to support such a move and do so with their wallets. It would let them hold on to both and their loyalist while gambling on Android.
    The Google Play store may be larger but the number of people that will buy the app are in greater numbers still on BB10.

It would be an interesting play is all I'm saying but I'm guessing Blackberry wants to encourage everyone to leave BB10 and run with their new Android children.
    This is what I think the same... they claim themselves as software company...but shut their own OS...hahaha...is seems like a women doesn't want to give birth because afraid of pain and find surrogate. Oh Yes... every enterprise afraid of loss....but normally women don't afraid to give birth.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-13-17 12:30 AM
    Every smart phone said that, but finally they will return with android. Eg. Nokia, Sony, BlackBerry, alcatel

07-13-17 01:31 AM
    Every smart phone said that, but finally they will return with android. Eg. Nokia, Sony, BlackBerry, alcatel

Nokia is not back in the smartphone business. HMD Global has licensed the Nokia name to make smartphones. BlackBerry has done the same, they have licensed their name to three companies who use the name to produce smartphones. Alcatel is a name TCL acquired the rights to use to brand some of their smartphones. In all three cases the companies you mentioned are out of the hardware business and have zero liabilities for the phones. All three companies just collect royalties.

I am not sure why Sony is on your list, they have been producing Android phones for years. They have greatly scaled back their smartphone business. Producing just a limited number of models each year.
    Last edited by eshropshire; 07-13-17 at 02:15 PM.
    07-13-17 08:45 AM
    This is what I think the same... they claim themselves as software company...but shut their own OS...hahaha...is seems like a women doesn't want to give birth because afraid of pain and find surrogate. Oh Yes... every enterprise afraid of loss....but normally women don't afraid to give birth.

BlackBerry Limited is an "Enterprise" Software Company. Definition - Enterprise software, also known as enterprise application software (EAS), is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users.

Building a mobile OS for individuals is not the type of work done by an Enterprise software company. Look at the software that is now being sold by BlackBerry Limited. The only mobile OS work they do is actually for another organization - TCL/BlackBerry Mobile. Even that work is being done by a very small team at BlackBerry. I would be surprised if they had more than 10 people working on the team.

One other key item, modifying an existing OS like Android is a lot easier than all the work required to develop to your own OS. Google provides well over 99+% of the work on Android. All BlackBerry has to do is provide their unique offerings.
    07-13-17 02:13 PM
    I am waiting for the Os update to 10.3.4....

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 06:53 PM
    BlackBerry Limited is an "Enterprise" Software Company. Definition - Enterprise software, also known as enterprise application software (EAS), is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users.

Building a mobile OS for individuals is not the type of work done by an Enterprise software company. Look at the software that is now being sold by BlackBerry Limited. The only mobile OS work they do is actually for another organization - TCL/BlackBerry Mobile. Even that work is being done by a very small team at BlackBerry. I would be surprised if they had more than 10 people working on the team.

One other key item, modifying an existing OS like Android is a lot easier than all the work required to develop to your own OS. Google provides well over 99+% of the work on Android. All BlackBerry has to do is provide their unique offerings.
    Thanks for the advice bro.

07-14-17 01:35 AM
95 ... 234