I'm just surprised that people are still on BB10.
    I also have a bb classic but due to apps problem i am forced to use android. But bb10 is far better than android.
    07-05-17 12:32 PM
    I agree with this Conite. The whole, "I don't need apps to be productive" argument simply doesn't hold water. As an example, my company heavily uses Google. All our files, shared files, collaboration, etc is done in the cloud through Google drive. I was on BB10 before the Priv came out (now on KEYone) and sure there was some half baked work arounds but the reality is, I was much less productive then everyone in our company simply because I couldn't do anything without my lap top when mobile when sometimes you simply need to open the drive and look at a file to answer a question.
    Now if people simply use their phone to call and text then okay BB10 is productive but anyone who needs any sort of business productivity app then they likely would suffer.
    Yup, if your enterprise is pure Google, why even look at BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 12:34 PM
    Yup, if your enterprise is pure Google, why even look at BB10.

Posted via CB10
    But that's the whole point. Lots of companies use apps that aren't available on BB10. It doesn't simply have to be Google apps. There are many. The point is, productivity is all relative and not only related to Facebook or whatever else people use as an example of not requiring apps. If you simply don't need or use those productivity apps then yes you can be productive but that doesn't apply to the majority of people.
    07-05-17 12:37 PM
    Why surprise? This OS is by far the most secure, user friendly and stable one...
    OR maybe I am still a hardcore fan of BlackBerry OS 10

Posted via CB10

BB10 is so efficient and well optimized.

I know I'll eventually switch to a OnePlus or something similar but it's going to be annoying. In comparison to BB10, Android is just so clunky and not intuitive. It's sad that this fragmented mess is what the majority has chosen.

Posted via CB10
    A couple of quotes to respond to here.

Obviously interesting definitions of efficient, optimized, user friendly. Stable I get, because it was developed for a handful of devices and development ended at that. Secure, yes, now I can be sure no one will ever steal my banking info because my bank has ended support for apps and mobile browsers that are not Android or iOS (the date is set for the end of the week, so I might get browser banking still) so I'll never be putting my banking info into my phone again.

In terms of efficiency, when I go deposit cheques, I can either deposit to a secondary bank and transfer to my primary account and not have acess to the money for a few days, I can go to the bank and drop cheques off, or I can use another device for photo deposits. Yep, incredibly efficient.

User friendly? Many of the apps I use day to day stuggle to work with BB10. I could spend hours figuring Cobalt's Play Store (which is great, but hours spend using work arounds negate any efficiency gains and more), patching apps, finding alternatives, etc, or I could go to Google Play and download what I need on an Android device.

I've said before I'm sticking with my Passport for the time being, but I'm also under no illusions thinking I'm using the most efficient and user friendly device of the back half of 2017.

I've had people surprised at my Passport - surprised that there are even BlackBerry phones that exist today.

If it works for you, great, but to promote bb10 as some new, innovative, everyone needs to have OS completely ignores all of reality.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    07-05-17 12:40 PM
    But that's the whole point. Lots of companies use apps that aren't available on BB10. It doesn't simply have to be Google apps. There are many. The point is, productivity is all relative and not only related to Facebook or whatever else people use as an example of not requiring apps. If you simply don't need or use those productivity apps then yes you can be productive but that doesn't apply to the majority of people.
    I agree, the productivity argument is not a measurable metric. It is generally brought up because (select) people just like using BB10 still and are questioned for that choice. Somehow "it works better" (for me) doesn't register.

I know people who love their androids and have a corporate iphone that gets looked at during work hours only. I actually like the "retro" work-life balance that BB10 unintentionally provides lol.

Have a great post holiday week everyone!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 12:49 PM

User friendly? Many of the apps I use day to day stuggle to work with BB10. I could spend hours figuring Cobalt's Play Store (which is great, but hours spend using work arounds negate any efficiency gains and more), patching apps, finding alternatives, etc, or I could go to Google Play and download what I need on an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    When I said optimized and efficient, I was referring to native app performance. Android definitely isn't optimized on BB 10. But you take a BB10 phone running native apps and put it against am android phone running Android apps, the BB10 blows it away. If only developers would have got on board.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-05-17 02:24 PM
    When I said optimized and efficient, I was referring to native app performance. Android definitely isn't optimized on BB 10. But you take a BB10 phone running native apps and put it against am android phone running Android apps, the BB10 blows it away. If only developers would have got on board.

Posted via CB10
    That is a generalisation that doesn't really hold much water - even less so 4 years later.
    07-05-17 02:36 PM
    Anyone know when is the BB10 os update 10.3.4 will arrive?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 02:51 PM
    I don't think that's true anymore. Android has gotten much more efficient since then. On the other hand, the memory model on BB10 is just as foolish now as it was on day 1.
    07-05-17 02:52 PM
    Anyone know when is the BB10 os update 10.3.4 will arrive?

Posted via CB10
    Never.
    07-05-17 02:54 PM
    When I said optimized and efficient, I was referring to native app performance. Android definitely isn't optimized on BB 10. But you take a BB10 phone running native apps and put it against am android phone running Android apps, the BB10 blows it away.
    Great. So if you tried running native Microsoft Office 365 head to head on Android and BB10, what would be your result?
    07-05-17 03:11 PM
    Great. So if you tried running native Microsoft Office 365 head to head on Android and BB10, what would be your result?
    You mean using Microsoft Office apps on a PC vs their equivalents on Android and BB10?

The PC blows them away, obviously. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 11:44 PM
    You mean using Microsoft Office apps on a PC vs their equivalents on Android and BB10?
    No. You said
    But you take a BB10 phone running native apps and put it against am android phone running Android apps, the BB10 blows it away.
    Nothing about PCs. Stop trying to move the goalposts.
    07-06-17 12:55 AM
    No. You said

Nothing about PCs. Stop trying to move the goalposts.
    Huh? What the hell are you babbling about. There's no native MS 365 Apps for BB10?

Explain yourself.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 07:45 AM
    I am still a huge fan of the BB10 platform and I have listed the advantages it has over Android in previous posts. I am rocking a KEYone in one of my front pockets and the other one is still reserved for the Passport, the phone that I've owned the longest and loved the most.
    07-06-17 08:05 AM
    BB10 is dead. Android or iOS are the only games in town.
    07-06-17 08:11 AM
    There's no native MS 365 Apps for BB10?
    Exactly. It doesn't matter whether native apps do or don't run better on BB10 if those native apps don't even exist for the platform.
    07-06-17 08:36 AM
    Exactly. It doesn't matter whether native apps do or don't run better on BB10 if those native apps don't even exist for the platform.
    OK you win. Want a cookie?

Way to completely miss the point.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 09:49 AM
    OK you win. Want a cookie?

Way to completely miss the point.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 native apps are great and all, but his point is that that can hold if and only if there is a native app. Office 365, G Suite, those don't exist natively on BB10, and might not even work on BB10 after the requisite patching voodoo. Therefore, if you need support for those to get your work done then it's BB10 that gets blown out of the water.
    07-06-17 09:55 AM
    BB10 native apps are great and all, but his point is that that can hold if and only if there is a native app. Office 365, G Suite, those don't exist natively on BB10, and might not even work on BB10 after the requisite patching voodoo. Therefore, if you need support for those to get your work done then it's BB10 that gets blown out of the water.
    Obviously. We all know that the native app situation sucks. That's not what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 11:32 AM
    Obviously. We all know that the native app situation sucks. That's not what I'm talking about.
    What you're talking about doesn't really matter if the native apps aren't even available on BB10.
    07-06-17 07:05 PM
    I think Blackberry has made there position on BB10 very clear. It grows clearer with every additional day of silence.
    07-06-17 08:01 PM
    What you're talking about doesn't really matter if the native apps aren't even available on BB10.
    Lol. OK.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 08:48 PM
    If I may chime in,
    With Blackberry claiming to be a software company and is now in the business of updating OS's and creating apps for android it begs to question why they couldn't do the same for BB10. I mean I don't think that there is a huge number of people on android that are flocking to the Google Play Store to buy Blackberry apps, maybe only the loyalists if that. And that's not even considering the numbers that are too cheap to pay and will seek out cobalt 's android solutions.
    Now if they decided to create some new apps on BB10 that could fill the productivity gap (document editors like word with wider range of compatibility) I am sure that many would rally to support such a move and do so with their wallets. It would let them hold on to both and their loyalist while gambling on Android.
    The Google Play store may be larger but the number of people that will buy the app are in greater numbers still on BB10.

It would be an interesting play is all I'm saying but I'm guessing Blackberry wants to encourage everyone to leave BB10 and run with their new Android children.
    07-07-17 03:11 AM
    If I may chime in,
    With Blackberry claiming to be a software company and is now in the business of updating OS's and creating apps for android it begs to question why they couldn't do the same for BB10. I mean I don't think that there is a huge number of people on android that are flocking to the Google Play Store to buy Blackberry apps, maybe only the loyalists if that. And that's not even considering the numbers that are too cheap to pay and will seek out cobalt 's android solutions.
    Now if they decided to create some new apps on BB10 that could fill the productivity gap (document editors like word with wider range of compatibility) I am sure that many would rally to support such a move and do so with their wallets. It would let them hold on to both and their loyalist while gambling on Android.
    The Google Play store may be larger but the number of people that will buy the app are in greater numbers still on BB10.

It would be an interesting play is all I'm saying but I'm guessing Blackberry wants to encourage everyone to leave BB10 and run with their new Android children.
    The likely don't want to invest money in apps or whatever else for BB10 because they have decided to move on from it and continuing to throw money at it won't make sense and has zero chance of growth as there will no longer be new BB10 devices meaning the user base now is all there is and it will only shrink as devices get old and people move on. Even if they had editing apps and updates. It won't last.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-07-17 12:30 PM
95 1234