I think you'll find that, when the door is closed, the fridge light is both/either on and off. Only when you open the door, will it actually be on or off. Unless you are inside the fridge.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-13-17 04:20 PM
    03-14-17 01:25 PM
    I found my battery drained a lot quicker after installing the Android apps so using Ghost Commander I went through the list of Android processes and disabled pretty much everything I could.

There is stuff in there like Android wallpaper and sound recorder which I don't think I'd ever need so anything like that got disabled.

After doing this I found my battery life much improved although after charging overnight and using normally again (including my regular few Android apps) drain seemed much faster.

I assume using these apps has fired up some of these background processes again. As previous user suggested, maybe one of the apps I have is making a lot of requests or something that is draining battery life. Will keep checking and report back in case I find anything that's of use to anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:41 AM
    The point is that if you install your first Android app (no matter which one), the Android runtime is started and from there on is always is running in the background. So the Android Runtime itself uses some battery, even in idle mode. That may be the battery impact that you are seeing on your device.

If you don't want any battery impact at all, you should uninstall all Android ap) and reboot your device. Then the Runtime will not be started.

Not sure if that is what you want...
    03-15-17 07:34 AM
    The point is that if you install your first Android app (no matter which one), the Android runtime is started and from there on is always is running in the background. So the Android Runtime itself uses some battery, even in idle mode. That may be the battery impact that you are seeing on your device.

If you don't want any battery impact at all, you should uninstall all Android ap) and reboot your device. Then the Runtime will not be started.

Not sure if that is what you want...
    The Android runtime will still run even if you have no Android apps on your device (albeit likely not using as many resources), I'm not sure why.

BBEIGHT: Excess battery drain from Android apps on BB10 is likely coming from app permissions, the best way to deal with this is to close Android apps from the CPU tab of Device monitor instead of closing them from the active frame. That way they'll stay closed until you (or another app) reopen them.
    03-15-17 04:16 PM
    If no Android app is installed, the runtime won't run in the background. It doesn't autostart. But many people do not realize, that some apps from BlackBerry world are ported Android apps. They also trigger the runtime to start up.

You may have already seen the initialization window of the runtime: a Black dialog with a green progress bar going from left to right. It is displayed if an Android is beeing run for the first time after a reboot.
    03-15-17 05:06 PM
    If no Android app is installed, the runtime won't run in the background. It doesn't autostart. But many people do not realize, that some apps from BlackBerry world are ported Android apps. They also trigger the runtime to start up.

You may have already seen the initialization window of the runtime: a Black dialog with a green progress bar going from left to right. It is displayed if an Android is beeing run for the first time after a reboot.
    We might be defining "running" differently but I don't have any Android apps on my Z10, I've even removed the Amazon apps through parental controls and the runtime is still active whenever the device starts up.

There could be an OS requirement to keep the runtime active or they might be doing it to ensure a consistent user experience (i.e., if a user wants to install an Android app from BB World they likely don't want to wait for the runtime to startup first).
    03-15-17 07:18 PM
    Just to close off this issue, now that Cobalt has provides new builds, the Android player battery usage is significantly decreased (to less than 1/4 of the system battery usage). Thanks Cobalt, and keep up the good work (an anonymous donation has been made).
    11-16-17 01:06 PM
33 12