For the devices other than the Passport and Porsche Design P'9982?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 or any other Android device I carry!
    11-02-14 04:48 PM
    As soon as the Classic is released. Sometime in December.
    jope28 likes this.
    11-02-14 04:57 PM
    When BES 12 is released AFAIK.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    11-02-14 04:59 PM
    Thanks hopefully it furthers the already good 10.2.1.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 or any other Android device I carry!
    jope28 likes this.
    11-02-14 05:10 PM
    Irregardless of when it's released, I'm extremely disappointed that they are taking so long to roll it out to existing BB10 users.
    I love the BB10 product... but i think BB still has a bunch of clueless halfwitts at the helm making poor product launch decisions.
    Considering BB has done zero marketing to speak of for BB10... i would expect they wouldn't make existing users wait for an update in order to take advantage of 'word-of-mouth' marketing.
    Existing users should have had 10.3 at the same time that the passport was launched... just my opinion.
    I also think that releasing another qwerty device (classic) before another touch screen is a huge strategical mistake. They JUST launched the passport which is now their "flagship" qwerty device. Logic would dictate they would release a new "flagship" touch screen. Just another huge strategic mistake by a CEO that has no business leading the BB brand.
    I have zero faith in Chen and BB would have been better off promoting from within. Existing employees are more aware of the changes that need to be made. Not some corporate "prostitute" that just bounces from one organization to another... like most of the CEOs of this day and age.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by d3r3k79; 11-02-14 at 06:40 PM.
    devin266 and SuperAsterix80 like this.
    11-02-14 06:24 PM
    When it's ready.
    11-02-14 06:29 PM
    Irregardless of when it's released, I'm extremely disappointed that they are taking so long to roll it out to existing BB10 users.
    I love the BB10 product... but i think BB still has a bunch of clueless halfwitts at the helm making poor product launch decision.
    Considering BB has done zero marketing to speak of for BB10... i would expect they wouldn't make existing users wait for an update.
    Existing users should have had 10.3 at the same time that the passport was launched... just my opinion.
    I also think that releasing another qwerty device (classic) before another touch screen is a huge strategical mistake. They JUST launched the passport which is now their "flagship" qwerty device. Logic would dictate they would release a new "flagship" touch screen. Just another huge strategic mistake by a CEO that has no business leading the BB brand.
    I have zero faith in Chen and BB would have been better off promoting from within. Existing employees are more aware of the changes that need to be made. Not some corporate "prostitute" that just bounces from one organization to another... like most of the CEOs of this day and age.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.0 was developed and tested for Passport only. 10.3.1 will be tested and bugs fixed for existing devices.

Probably cheaper to do one device first and the rest later.

I assume selling the latest and greatest is also part of the financial equation.

It's been the plan as long as I've known and BlackBerry seems to stick to their decissions.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:39 PM
    10.3.0 was developed and tested for Passport only. 10.3.1 will be tested and bugs fixed for existing devices.

Probably cheaper to do one device first and the rest later.

I assume selling the latest and greatest is also part of the financial equation.

It's been the plan as long as I've known and BlackBerry seems to stick to their decissions.

Posted via CB10
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but if that's the case, why were there 10.3.0.xxxx leaks available for the z30, z10 etc?
    Considering their very slim margin of the mobile OS market, they need to make sure as many people as possible are talking about BlackBerry... especially from existing customers who are essentially their only marketing devision.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    11-02-14 06:45 PM
    I'm not happy that 10.3.1 isn't here yet...but I rather have one that is less buggy. BB pulled this last year too when they released Z30 with10.2 and then took a while before it got released to the Z10/Q10.
    SuperAsterix80 likes this.
    11-02-14 06:50 PM
    I'm not happy that 10.3.1 isn't here yet...but I rather have one that is less buggy. BB pulled this last year too when they released Z30 with10.2 and then took a while before it got released to the Z10/Q10.
    Exactly...they still employ the same useless tw@ts that keep making the same strategical errors

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:56 PM
    Why release a new OS for an old device when they can just get you to buy a new device with the new OS? Less work for them (not having to shoehorn software onto an "aged" platform) and make more money off the hardware sales. Now where have I seen this being done before? Oh right, that other company that can apparently do no harm... (actually it's not just Apple that does this, Nintendo is pretty guilty too...). although to give Apple a bit of forgiveness, they didn't do this with point releases like it seems BlackBerry is doing.

--Edit--
    I actually want 10.3.x for my Z10 and hope it improves the device.
    11-02-14 08:36 PM
    Most enterprise software companies have nightly builds. When I have visited BlackBerry and peek on some internal download screens you would see some build numbers (much more than the leaked) and a short description of some bugfixes.

The build environment is automated so when they add a new hardware platform all software for the different platforms is compiled automatically.
    It doesn't mean they officially test a release version of all platforms. The employees do not all have the latest and greatest devices, so of course they do install/test on older devices and start collecting bugreports etc.

Keep in mind BB is on a strict budget and until the PP release, focus was "Get the hard- and software ready for this release" - then other devices.
    BES 12 is another project with heavy focus right now (and it looks great!).
    11-03-14 02:25 AM
    I love the BB10 product... but i think BB still has a bunch of clueless halfwitts at the helm making poor product launch decisions.
    Considering BB has done zero marketing to speak of for BB10... i would expect they wouldn't make existing users wait for an update in order to take advantage of 'word-of-mouth' marketing.

Posted via CB10
    As someone already pointed out, I think the priority was on getting the Passport to market. Yes, 10.3.0 builds were compiled for older devices, but you can tell that the OS wasn't meant for these devices. The keyboard issues and the way the words run right off the screen on some prompts show some of this. Don't forget that typically carriers want to test how an update to the OS will behave on their network as well. Since BlackBerry can't push out updates like Apple, it is best that they do when the OS is really ready. The fact that they pushed the launch of the Classic to December may be because the OS isn't ready.

BlackBerry already tried hiring from within, that's how we got Heins, remember? Hiring the CEO from within is great when the company is running great and you want someone to continue that path. When the company is in danger of failing, sometimes you have to hire from the outside so you get someone who has a different perspective and isn't afraid to quickly make tough choices because they aren't as invested as someone from the inside might be. Also Chen has actual experience turning a company around.

As for the flagship touch screen, we all would have liked to see an announcement along with the Passport and Classic, but we didn't because Chen chose to focus on the Enterprise market. After speaking with those customers and listening to what they said they needed, Chen realized that BlackBerry needed a phone that specifically catered to business professionals, but would break the mold and not be seen as yet another mediocre product and that became the Passport. The next issue he responded to was the need to get people off of BBOS finally. You see it a lot on CB, people are pissed that many of the features they grew to love in BBOS were not present in BB10. Some people did not like the transition from the Bold to the Q10. It felt like too much of a compromise. So, that's why the Classic was made.

There is going to be another full touch screen phone from BlackBerry. BlackBerry has always been about having different types of devices to suit the needs of their customers. In order to do it though Chen needed to fix the company right away and so far it looks like his method is working.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously... this is ridiculous what you write... the os will be ready when it's ready, not earlier... people tend to be very impatient since they hear rumour of a new os being developed. Did you ever considered the amount of work involved in development??? And who you call a prostitute? A guy that has more knowledge and experience you will ever have?? Get a life...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    osi68 likes this.
    11-03-14 09:13 AM
    Gptta go with Sajko on this one.
    Rolling out a new OS is very involved. It has to be tested on every device that might use it, and then they test the devices on the various carrier networks.
    Additionally, they generally also want to coordinate with the developers of any major apps, to make sure that changes don't inadvertently glitch the apps.
    All that can't begin, of course, until the new OS has been developed and finalized. (Well, some can be done along the way, but there also has got to be final testing related to all of that stuff.)
    OS 10, for example, has got to operate on different screen dimensions, as well as now having to work with touch-only, full QWERTTY keyboards, and now the new hybrid keyboard. What will work on the Passport, may not work on the Classic or an upcoming touch-only device with different screen dimensions.

Seriously... this is ridiculous what you write... the os will be ready when it's ready, not earlier... people tend to be very impatient since they hear rumour of a new os being developed. Did you ever considered the amount of work involved in development??? And who you call a prostitute? A guy that has more knowledge and experience you will ever have?? Get a life...

11-03-14 09:44 AM
    That said, all this talk of 3.1, along with some of the shortcomings of the current release, *does* leave me anxious for the new OS to roll out soon!
    11-03-14 09:45 AM
    Anxious but not crazy... or insulting...

11-03-14 10:00 AM
    Well, *sometimes* I can be crazy and insulting. Just not today.

Anxious but not crazy... or insulting...

11-03-14 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like the wait in that they have time to get the wrinkles out, ever talk to an iPhone user "hey there is an iOS update, no way I'm not wreking my phone" or some such answer. As for going at two keyboard phone in a row, happened the opposite recently Z30, then Z3. As for Chen his track record speaks for itself......IMO
    osi68 likes this.
    11-03-14 01:30 PM
    When will 10.3.1 be officialyl available for the Passport?
    11-07-14 10:18 AM
    When BlackBerry officially releases it for Passport...

Richard Buckley likes this.
    11-07-14 10:23 AM
    Thanks so much for your help.

When BlackBerry officially releases it for Passport...

user5240 likes this.
    11-07-14 01:51 PM
    Thanks so much for your help.
    What did you expect?

11-07-14 03:25 PM
    Possibly some information that was actually helpful. Perhaps from someone who had heard something unofficial that might help set our expectations.

What did you expect?

11-07-14 04:01 PM
    Q1 2015 is a very qualified answer.

I know when BlackBerry expect to release it but it depends on how quick your carrier is to approve the release.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:57 AM
39 12