What the hell is going on? Why dont they update skype and viber, and remove the crappy android version from the bb world? They should get a built for bb app for skype and viber.
    01-09-15 08:13 AM
    What the hell is going on? Why dont they update skype and viber, and remove the crappy android version from the bb world? They should get a built for bb app for skype and viber.
    It's so easy isn't it? BlackBerry should just insist that Skype and Viber make native apps and they should just make them because, well, BlackBerry says so.

I'm not so sure about Viber but Skype has steadfastly refused to build a native app. BlackBerry has even said they'd build it for them but still no go. So what can you do? Nothing much.

I know Viber took their sweet-arsed time to create an app for BBOS7.1 and by the time they released it BB10 was on the horizon. I have no idea what the status is with a BB10 app but I'm pretty sure BlackBerry must have asked.

So, like Netflix, if someone doesn't want to bother creating a native BB10 app there's nothing anyone can do about it, nor should there be. App developers are individual companies who make decisions based on their own business models, not anyone else's.

You want an app dev to make native apps? Then go bug them directly, that's the only way something may get done.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-09-15 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't make the Skype and Viber apps. That would be something that the respective companies would have to work on getting done.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-09-15 08:37 AM
    These developers are idiots! They can't even get a good app :/

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:14 AM
    This explains why Skype is not included in the hub

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 to CB10
    01-13-15 05:25 AM
    Remember when BB10 started and all were PUMPED UP with saying: Skype is on board!

Because everybody missed that in OS7 or legacy devices. It was a buying argument for me. But at the end it is just a half-a$$ed ported Android port.

I mean I rarely use it. It works. But native and updates would be great! I bet that on ios and Android it gets updates every 3 weeks. And here??? Not 1!

And lets not start with Viber. Just a sad story with Blackberry and native apps.
    01-13-15 05:36 AM
    Yeah, the port is lazy and glitchy, but to be perfectly honest it works as well as the "offical" app does on my GS4, look at the comments in Google Play, hardly ringing endorsements. Although it's rated 4 Stars, there seem to be way more 1 or 2 star ratings than that score suggests. The only device I've found Skype to work properly on outside of a PC is my son's HP tablet running W8.1.

Posted via CB10 using a Blackberry Passport
    01-13-15 07:14 AM