I have a Z10 and my phone shuts down when my battery gets to 27%. I'm running 10.2.0.429.
    12-17-13 05:34 PM
    Is this every single time you get to 27% battery? So it happens daily if you don't recharge your Z10 first?
    When did it start?

Have you tried a device reset? (NOT same as a Restart.)
    Hold down both the Volume Up & Down keys. Disregard the screenshot popup, black screen, black & white splashscreens. Keep holding down down both buttons until you see the blue startup icon, then release them.
    Anything different after that reboot?
    12-17-13 05:42 PM
    Yes, that is happening to a lot of people. It is well documented in the threads. I have no idea why this happens.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-17-13 05:42 PM
    Mmmm...thought this a 1055 issue. Never happened to be on 10.2, only since I installed the leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:56 PM
    I have a Z10 and my phone shuts down when my battery gets to 27%. I'm running 10.2.0.429.
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.
    tahabashir1991 and yessuz like this.
    12-20-13 11:14 PM
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.
    Thanks for the advice. On one instance I uses a charger, but was not aware that it was only charging at 0.5A until I checked my phone and realized it was not charging, and i believe that this is when the calibration was thrown off. I recently got a New Trent battery pack to charge my phone when I'm away from a charger, it charges at 1A and 2.1A, however i usually use the 2.1A option as it charges faster. Do you think that that can contribute to it? And if so, should I only use the 1A option.
    12-21-13 07:25 AM
    What exactly is the reason why you have to plug the charger to your Z10 while the battery is removed?

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-21-13 09:35 AM
    Maybe you should pose that question to BlackBerry themselves. They might be able to explain how their stuff works. If you install the latest 10.2.1.1259 leak there's a new safety manual screen that gives you all types of warnings about which battery chargers to use and stuff so that indicates that they're at least aware of something. I'm just posting what works. I'm not sure why but it works. It could be that it helps to drain the residual power in the phone or it helps the charging circuit to acknowledge that there is no battery in it and detect that it must start charging from the zero point. As I said I'm not sure but it seems to help the whole resetting charging circuits process and it can't hurt. It's also proven to work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 12-21-13 at 01:40 PM.
    12-21-13 01:16 PM
    Same happens to my z10 and I charge using a power bank at 2.1amp but the phone lasts the whole day so it's ok

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1055
    12-21-13 01:25 PM
    This issue has NOTHING to do with chargers! I use my original charger since day 1 and my Z10 ( of course STL100-1 ) has been doing this since day 1, it never went below 10%, unfortunately 10.1, 10.2 and 10.2.1 ( as others said) never solved the issue.

Thanks for the STL100-1 BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 01:50 PM
    This issue has NOTHING to do with chargers! I use my original charger since day 1 and my Z10 ( of course STL100-1 ) has been doing this since day 1, it never went below 10%, unfortunately 10.1, 10.2 and 10.2.1 ( as others said) never solved the issue.

Thanks for the STL100-1 BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You can speak for yourself. Others, many others have had issues when using non original or weak chargers. The solution I posted will most likely help the OP. It's possible that you could have gotten a defective charger or battery or your issue might resemble the OP's but isn't the same. In my case I can say for sure that what I've posted is 100% accurate, tested and proven. It worked for me and I've done it for others. It has also worked for many others in the other threads. Some if not many weak, 3rd party chargers do cause the issues the OP has mentioned. So don't try to confuse the thread claiming that it has NOTHING to do with chargers. You are wrong. I suggest you try the method described before to attempt to reset your charging circuits. Or you might need to replace your charger which may be defective. You can try another battery as well. Battery Charger is a nice free app which can give you some nice info about your battery's health and the state of your charger. In some cases the battery may not be able to recover fully but might work fine if used in another device. BlackBerry should be able to shed some light on this issue because it seems as if it's very easy to throw off these charging circuits.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 02:13 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873604

Read this thread after that you will.be the master of this issue... trust me... it is a bit long but 15 minute are nothing to read the solution

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    12-21-13 02:23 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=873604

Read this thread after that you will.be the master of this issue... trust me... it is a bit long but 15 minute are nothing to read the solution

Posted via CB10
    That thread says nothing I don't already know or didn't cover in my post. Thanks for the link though. The issue I had was with Thesmartmale emphasising that it has NOTHING to do with chargers when many people who have had this issue had used some 3rd party or even 1st party chargers which were not approved for the Z10. I'm not saying that the chargers are defective and the actual source of the issue could lie with the design of the phone. However in my case and in many other cases the issue was triggered off by using a non original and non approved charger. That threw off the calibration. So can we please stop confusing the OP or anyone else who might have the issue. The fact is if the OP continues to use those weak chargers the issue is likely to return. When they say it has NOTHING to do with chargers then they make them think that it's ok to continue to use any charger which they might have been using before. That will just make the issue come back. I had the issue before and since then I've stopped using any charger but my original Z10 charger and it never came back. Most recently I've started using a powerful 3rd party charger in the car and it has yet to resurface. I do however have a weak car charger that I can be almost certain will cause the issue to resurface again if I started using it again. Once the charging circuits are miscalibrated even going back to the original charger is not enough to get the phone to function and charge properly which might explain why some people say they have issues even when using the original chargers. It's possible that they could have plugged their phones into some usb port and that could have miscalibrated it or it just got miscalibrated for some other reason or was shipped that way but that's another source of miscalibration. That doesn't eliminate weak, 3rd party chargers as a very common source of this miscalibration. I won't go as far as saying it's a manufacturer's defect because in my experience once I stick with the chargers that were recommended and approved by BlackBerry for my device the problem has not resurfaced.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 12-21-13 at 03:28 PM.
    12-21-13 03:08 PM
    You can speak for yourself. Others, many others have had issues when using non original or weak chargers. The solution I posted will most likely help the OP. It's possible that you could have gotten a defective charger or battery or your issue might resemble the OP's but isn't the same. In my case I can say for sure that what I've posted is 100% accurate, tested and proven. It worked for me and I've done it for others. It has also worked for many others in the other threads. Some if not many weak, 3rd party chargers do cause the issues the OP has mentioned. So don't try to confuse the thread claiming that it has NOTHING to do with chargers. You are wrong. I suggest you try the method described before to attempt to reset your charging circuits. Or you might need to replace your charger which may be defective. You can try another battery as well. Battery Charger is a nice free app which can give you some nice info about your battery's health and the state of your charger. In some cases the battery may not be able to recover fully but might work fine if used in another device. BlackBerry should be able to shed some light on this issue because it seems as if it's very easy to throw off these charging circuits.

Posted via CB10
    It's NOT a charger issue! Want me to say it again?!

Now listen here before you act like you're a BlackBerry technician or something, I have friends who have this issue too and they all use ORIGINAL chargers!!

Did you ask yourself why STL100-2 or any other variant doesn't have this issue? Why is it only a STL100-1 issue? There are thousands out there who have this issue but aren't on Crackberry and what you say is not a solution because it happens again after a few days plus if this is a solution then why didn't BlackBerry tell us to do this?!

If what you're saying about the chargers is true then I guess 9 of my friends got bad chargers out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:37 PM
    It's NOT a charger issue! Want me to say it again?!

Now listen here before you act like you're a BlackBerry technician or something, I have friends who have this issue too and they all use ORIGINAL chargers!!

Did you ask yourself why STL100-2 or any other variant doesn't have this issue? Why is it only a STL100-1 issue? There are thousands out there who have this issue but aren't on Crackberry and what you say is not a solution because it happens again after a few days plus if this is a solution then why didn't BlackBerry tell us to do this?!

If what you're saying about the chargers is true then I guess 9 of my friends got bad chargers out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Listen, take it down. I'm relaying my personal experience and what has worked for me and others and also giving the OP a suggestion which would serve to recalibrate their charging circuits. I established that in my situation using a weak, 3rd party charger triggered the battery miscalibration and that is a fact. I also stated what I did to reset the charging circuits and have the battery work properly again. Whether or not my suggestion is a workaround to avoid the issue or a solution is besides the point. The point is to attempt to assist the OP via a suggestion that has worked for me and others. This is only for the benefit of the OP. The ultimate test is for them to try it and see if it helps. It certainly helped me and has never returned since I stopped using certain chargers. You are not in a position to say without a doubt that in my case the combination of the charger that I used and my STL100-1 was not the cause of the issue. So stop making absolute statements. Take some time to try and understand where I'm coming from. You say it happens again after a few days. Have you considered that there may be a possibility that you and your friends' issue could be different from my issue and it could also be different from the OPs issue? That's why I said to speak for yourself but don't dismiss what I'm saying about the weak 3rd party and non official chargers. Open your mind a bit. At least give the OP some time to try a suggestion and see what happens. In my case the issue never returned again after I stuck with the originals. That is a fact and that is my experience. Your mileage may vary and that's quite fine.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 12-21-13 at 06:16 PM.
    12-21-13 06:02 PM
    Listen, take it down. I'm relaying my personal experience and what has worked for me and others and also giving the OP a suggestion which would serve to recalibrate their charging circuits. I established that in my situation using a weak, 3rd party charger triggered the battery miscalibration and that is a fact. I also stated what I did to reset the charging circuits and have the battery work properly again. Whether or not my suggestion is a workaround to avoid the issue or a solution is besides the point. The point is to attempt to assist the OP via a suggestion that has worked for me and others. This is only for the benefit of the OP. The ultimate test is for them to try it and see if it helps. It certainly helped me and has never returned since I stopped using certain chargers. You are not in a position to say without a doubt that in my case the combination of the charger that I used and my STL100-1 was not the cause of the issue. So stop making absolute statements. Take some time to try and understand where I'm coming from. You say it happens again after a few days. Have you considered that there may be a possibility that you and your friends' issue could be different from my issue and it could also be different from the OPs issue? That's why I said to speak for yourself but don't dismiss what I'm saying about the weak 3rd party and non official chargers. Open your mind a bit. At least give the OP some time to try a suggestion and see what happens. In my case the issue never returned again after I stuck with the originals. That is a fact and that is my experience. Your mileage may vary and that's quite fine.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying the issue is still there for you as you said I'm in no place to say that, all I'm saying is that this is a well-known issue with the STL100-1 variant that effects a lot of people I know with Z10s, this is why people started ordering STL100-2 from other countries and those who did never had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 06:23 PM
    Tried it, and it didn't work. The first issue I had was than after removing the battery, SIM and SD cards, when I plugged it in, the red light came on then the Blackberry booth screen came on then it shutdown and kept cycling through the same process from light to booth to shutdown.
    12-22-13 05:00 PM
    Tried it, and it didn't work. The first issue I had was than after removing the battery, SIM and SD cards, when I plugged it in, the red light came on then the Blackberry booth screen came on then it shutdown and kept cycling through the same process from light to booth to shutdown.
    After you left everything out for an hour and then plugged it back in did you notice the green and yellow charging LED? What was the battery level like when the phone started on its own after charging? You can try it again. Note if there is any improvement at all. Also what you described as the first issue is actually what normally happens when you plug in the charger without the battery so nothing strange there.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:53 PM
    I'm not saying the issue is still there for you as you said I'm in no place to say that, all I'm saying is that this is a well-known issue with the STL100-1 variant that effects a lot of people I know with Z10s, this is why people started ordering STL100-2 from other countries and those who did never had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure why you're complaining when you know BlackBerry is working on fixing this.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:22 PM
    I'm not sure why you're complaining when you know BlackBerry is working on fixing this.

Posted via CB10
    So you're trying to get back at me for what I said in the other thread? How mature.

I'm complaining because BlackBerry is not working on fixing this, unlike the vibrate on PING issue

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:05 PM
    If all else fails you can replace the battery and keep the other one as a spare. Or try that battery in another Z10 and see if the same thing happens. It might still be possible to salvage the battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:20 AM
    This problem has gone away for me so far on .1925.

I happened after first installing the leak but seems to be okay now.

After the first occurrence, I charged the phone to 100%, then pull out the battery for about 30-45 mins and then put it back. Since then, the phone has gone below 20% and gave me the usual warning.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 01:50 PM
    This problem has gone away for me so far on .1925.

I happened after first installing the leak but seems to be okay now.

After the first occurrence, I charged the phone to 100%, then pull out the battery for about 30-45 mins and then put it back. Since then, the phone has gone below 20% and gave me the usual warning.

Posted via CB10
    Does it reach1%?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:33 PM
    Does it reach1%?

Posted via CB10
    No, put it charge at 9%

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:32 PM
    So I'm not sure if it will reach 1% . I've never let it reach that low before, always charged it when the LED flashed red and it went below 10%

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:36 PM
30 12