I don't know if I'm the right guy for this task
    In the US you can expect 500 and 550 USD
    06-20-17 05:16 AM
    WhatsApp.

The reason for dumping the BB10 app in the first place was their statement that new features would go beyond what BB10 could deliver.
    Being a curious and cynical observer, I wonder if the reality is "allow" and not "deliver".
    06-20-17 06:00 AM
    I think its great! I might buy another Passport instead of a Keyone or a OnePlus 5.

My Passport died a couple of months ago. I am now back on my old Q10. But I miss my Passport every day...
    How did it die? Did it flop?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 06:23 AM
    How did it die? Did it flop?

Posted via CB10
    Nothing special. One morning it didnt receive mobile network anymore. I called my service provider. There were no issues with the network. I swapped my Sim with another phone. Problem was still in my phone. Maybe a connection with the antenna or something. Some other member on CB took out the motherboard when it happened to his Passport and put it in the oven for solders to reconnect. That worked. (for the time being?)
    06-20-17 07:01 AM
    Nothing special. One morning it didnt receive mobile network anymore. I called my service provider. There were no issues with the network. I swapped my Sim with another phone. Problem was still in my phone. Maybe a connection with the antenna or something. Some other member on CB took out the motherboard when it happened to his Passport and put it in the oven for solders to reconnect. That worked. (for the time being?)
    "Emergency calls only" bug. It's a Passport issue. Several threads here with that same problem.
    06-20-17 07:28 AM
    "Emergency calls only" bug. It's a Passport issue. Several threads here with that same problem.
    Thats right. I tried to find a solution (other than baking it in the oven) but couldnt find one. Do you no how to solve this problem?
    06-20-17 07:38 AM
    Now that whatsapp extended its support for bb10 until dec 2017, how many think that it'll continue to support bb10 and for how long?

Is BlackBerry going to relaunch bb10 secretly and whatsapp knows about it so the extension? Just speculating.. hahaha..

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Just a delay in developing the new Whatsapp backend. The delay has nothing to do with extending the support for BB10. Since their development is behind schedule there is no reason to cut off older platforms until the backend software is ready to be deployed.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-20-17 12:15 PM
    Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    06-23-17 05:50 PM
    Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    maybe try download the app again?
    06-23-17 06:37 PM
    What features will that be?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    When Whatsapp made that statement, they didn't reveal what those features would be.
    06-23-17 06:50 PM
    I remember that Whatsapp extended coverage for BB10. Did they ever say for BBOS as well?
    06-23-17 07:01 PM
    Already did. Nothing works
    06-24-17 02:38 AM
    Already did. Nothing works
    Hi

It seems only registration does not work. Same on my passport. I was using the android apk for phone number registration/sign up. Then removed the apk and installed native. Everything went smoothly. Maybe this helps (despite being a bb10 and not bbos).

Regards
    06-24-17 02:57 PM
    So, now I need to get an android phone to registrate my number and what should I do after? Thanks!!!
    06-24-17 03:01 PM
    So, now I need to get an android phone to registrate my number and what should I do after? Thanks!!!
    This or maybe some trusted person who may install WhatsApp, start with the registration with your number, you will receive the sms code and pass it forward to your trusted person who will complete the signup. After that, the trusted person deletes whatsapp app and you install the native one. But to be honest, I don't know if later one still works reliable without any side-effects.

If you are using a second phone: change Sim card, install Wa app, sign up, delete Wa app, install and start native one on the bbos device

Full disclosure: I had not tested this for at least 1,5 years. I don't know if it is still possible.
    robss likes this.
    06-24-17 03:37 PM
    Several users with this problem while installing the App on BBW. The negatively sorting at the store hastily. I'm having trouble, but I'm looking for a solution, since I've acquired a Passport and am satisfied. Can anyone help?

The message is "Failed to register" in the installation step that checks the code sent by SMS or phone call.

I've been trying for two days and nothing.

Whatspp extended support!-erro-instala0.jpg
    06-25-17 10:32 AM
    Several users with this problem while installing the App on BBW. The negatively sorting at the store hastily. I'm having trouble, but I'm looking for a solution, since I've acquired a Passport and am satisfied. Can anyone help?

The message is "Failed to register" in the installation step that checks the code sent by SMS or phone call.

I've been trying for two days and nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	erro instala0.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	425944
    Register using the android app, then install the native client.
    06-26-17 06:03 AM
    06-26-17 06:53 PM
    I think the best news is Facebook, messenger & instagram continue to support in BB10

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-28-17 02:42 AM
    I think the best news is Facebook, messenger & instagram continue to support in BB10

facebook has already stopped its support for bb10. as for instagram, there never is an instagram in bbw.
    06-28-17 03:24 AM
    facebook has already stopped its support for bb10. as for instagram, there never is an instagram in bbw.
    Yes, I knew it , just mentioned if they will re-support will be the best news of the year.

06-28-17 09:37 PM
    Yes, I knew it , just mentioned if they will re-support will be the best news of the year.

definitely best of news if bb10 is relaunched.. still the best os.. they just need the full support from lots of apps.. if the apps ecosystem is like the one in Android..
    06-28-17 11:05 PM
    definitely best of news if bb10 is relaunched.. still the best os.. they just need the full support from lots of apps.. if the apps ecosystem is like the one in Android..
    Their will be no relaunch of BB10.. The BB10 staff was let go awhile back. The only mobile OS being used for licensees is Android.
    06-29-17 06:01 AM
    Their will be no relaunch of BB10.. The BB10 staff was let go awhile back. The only mobile OS being used for licensees is Android.
    one could always dream.. lol..
    06-29-17 06:27 AM
    one could always dream.. lol..
    As long as your dreams don't become expectations.
    06-29-17 07:22 AM
59 123