09-29-16 11:56 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    It really seems a personal vendetta against BB10, because EOS is one thing, blocking is another. Blocking BB10 using an emulated Android version is even worse.

Posted via CB10
    He never said they are blocking the android version!
    Please refer the screenshot

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp ... the verdict?-img_20160924_003741.png  
    09-27-16 04:15 AM
    I will ask my 352 contacts to download BBM, hopefully 2 of them will do it...

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!
    09-27-16 06:34 AM
    He never said they are blocking the android version!
    Please refer the screenshot

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Unbelievable!! Subjective perception. I hope he will check the screenshot again...
    09-27-16 06:36 AM
    I hope we will find out some solution on the subject line. However from the entire post I am not getting the bottom line, we are gonna use WA on BB10 without support or it will not working. Let us assume that WA will stop the support for BB10, honestly how many of us have seeked assistance from WA support centre? On the other hand, if it stopped working, what we gonna do?

Well, there are hell lots of instant messaging option available, but how many of us have used them and made one of them as an alternative? Actually we cant change others mindset with us, if my friends are on Android or iOS I have to change to any one of them as I am on BB10, cause they are not gonna change to BBM for me. This is an ideal scenario for a normal person.

Coming to another point, why WA is not ending their support to iphone 4? I found somewhere its only applicable to android <2.2, BlackBerry os 7,10 and iphone 3GS/ios6. In india, these is a huge base of android user who still in gingerbread and using WA, and I dont think that they all will shift to a higher version.

Why WA always prefer release their new features on iOS first, while surfing I found that video call feature available in iOS beta. Why not in A5 or A6? It seems that after few years, WA will be only available on iOS > 9 and android >5 forcing all the users to upgrade their phones.

However, BlackBerry also somewhere responsible for loosing their customer base. Before os10, we required BlackBerry service to use BBM, whatsapp or FB. Still in india, BlackBerry is called "phone for president" due to cost. Mindset of people is not changed. BBM was excellent in those days, even threads were flooded with pins. Even BlackBerry launched bbm in android and ios, it was not successful. Sometimes I use my old Bold, and I think if social apps like bbm, fb was accessible without BlackBerry service, the current scenario would have been different.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 12:46 PM

Coming to another point, why WA is not ending their support to iphone 4? I found somewhere its only applicable to android <2.2, BlackBerry os 7,10 and iphone 3GS/ios6. In india, these is a huge base of android user who still in gingerbread and using WA, and I dont think that they all will shift to a higher version.
    Gingerbread is 1.5% of Android devices. Probably higher in India but still it's not big enough to influence decision making.
    09-27-16 01:17 PM
    We will see next year.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 01:56 PM
    We will see next year.

Posted via CB10
    Best quote so far in this thread...
    09-27-16 03:25 PM
    Gingerbread is 1.5% of Android devices. Probably higher in India but still it's not big enough to influence decision making.
    While true, I must add though that phone and app companies are really focused on India right now 'cause it's a fast growing market. So in that regard it does make sense for WA to serve their Gingerbread customers there, which are a lot.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-27-16 04:54 PM
    Yeah, but 1,5% is still no way big enough: they probably analysed the Indian market and found out, I guess, Android is way more adopted. And, remember one thing: the old WhatsApp needed as much users as possible; the new WhatsApp by Facebook has enough resources to do what it like, especially if they start selling our personal data like Facebook already do.
    09-28-16 02:36 AM
    Yeah, but 1,5% is still no way big enough: they probably analysed the Indian market and found out, I guess, Android is way more adopted. And, remember one thing: the old WhatsApp needed as much users as possible; the new WhatsApp by Facebook has enough resources to do what it like, especially if they start selling our personal data like Facebook already do.
    This is now in doubt. The German data protection agency has blocked WhatsApp sharing German data with FaceGit. This may just be the start.

вℓαквєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση
    anon(4243545) and Vistaus like this.
    09-28-16 02:52 AM
    While true, I must add though that phone and app companies are really focused on India right now 'cause it's a fast growing market. So in that regard it does make sense for WA to serve their Gingerbread customers there, which are a lot.

Fast growing market, yes, but even the crappiest new Android phone runs something like 4.4 or newer. Android 2.3 is 5 years old, I can't imagine anything with hardware and software that old even runs fluently. If BB10 is starting to have compatibility issues with its 4.3 runtime, you can imagine what it's like to use 2.3

Also Google publishes usage of Android OS versions monthly and these usages take into account users that have been online in the past month. Users that are offline-only are of no real significance to most companies.
    09-28-16 08:44 AM
    Technically, Gingerbread is all of Android 2.3.x. However, there are API differences from 2.3.2 (and below) versus 2.3.3 (and above).

We're only deprecating 2.3.2 and below. Android 2.3.3 and above is still supported.
    anon(4243545), Uzi and Vistaus like this.
    09-28-16 10:43 AM
    Technically, Gingerbread is all of Android 2.3.x. However, there are API differences from 2.3.2 (and below) versus 2.3.3 (and above).

We're only deprecating 2.3.2 and below. Android 2.3.3 and above is still supported.
    To the people who replied to me: HA. You see? They do care about the 1.5% GB users in India.

09-29-16 12:03 AM
    uhhm I just bought my BB10.3.2 and i'm really pissed off with this no whatsapp thing..like WTF I need whatsapp!!! so here's my question,since my phone operates as an android too,will installing a whatsapp Apk not work after whatsapp
    has been removed at the end of this year?
    09-29-16 12:28 PM
    To the people who replied to me: HA. You see? They do care about the 1.5% GB users in India.

If you're from India do you really know any users that are still on GB? They are probably not technically savvy, detest change and don't really use smartphones as smartphones: not the market any app maker wants to address.
    09-29-16 12:55 PM
    uhhm I just bought my BB10.3.2 and i'm really pissed off with this no whatsapp thing..like WTF I need whatsapp!!! so here's my question,since my phone operates as an android too,will installing a whatsapp Apk not work after whatsapp
    has been removed at the end of this year?
    It will work
    You will need to side load an app to make it work flawlessly
    But enjoy the 3 months for now.
    Worry later on

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-29-16 12:56 PM
    If you're from India do you really know any users that are still on GB? They are probably not technically savvy, detest change and don't really use smartphones as smartphones: not the market any app maker wants to address.
    I'm not from India, I was merely engaging in the India discussion that someone started on the previous page.

09-29-16 11:56 PM
92 ... 234