To clear up some confusion, there are actually two different kinds of popups that could be referred to as "toast" notifications:

• "Instant Previews" - New system-wide feature, only in 10.2, which includes the instant reply feature. (The UI for this is not part of our app, which is why you don't see emoji input available within it.)
    • The in-app "Preview messages" feature - Part of the WhatsApp chat screen, which shows incoming messages from other WhatsApp conversations

Ideally, you should never see the "Instant Previews" while you are inside our application. In reality, we still have some kinks to work out. The main issue is that there are many cases where we think our app isn't visible (screen fading, user peeking, etc), so we generate a new message notification. That notification causes the "Instant Preview" thing to get shown, for several seconds. If the app becomes completely visible during those seconds, you see the preview thing on top of our app. (You can actually make this happen with other apps as well, but its a bit trickier to get the timing just right.)
    09-19-13 11:52 AM
    To clear up some confusion, there are actually two different kinds of popups that could be referred to as "toast" notifications:

• "Instant Previews" - New system-wide feature, only in 10.2, which includes the instant reply feature. (The UI for this is not part of our app, which is why you don't see emoji input available within it.)
    • The in-app "Preview messages" feature - Part of the WhatsApp chat screen, which shows incoming messages from other WhatsApp conversations

Ideally, you should never see the "Instant Previews" while you are inside our application. In reality, we still have some kinks to work out. The main issue is that there are many cases where we think our app isn't visible (screen fading, user peeking, etc), so we generate a new message notification. That notification causes the "Instant Preview" thing to get shown, for several seconds. If the app becomes completely visible during those seconds, you see the preview thing on top of our app. (You can actually make this happen with other apps as well, but its a bit trickier to get the timing just right.)
    Thanks for the clarification

via The Best Phone Ever!
    09-19-13 12:13 PM
    I don't know if you guys have seen this,but I just got it with the new whatsapp update!
    Attachment 203079

Cheers!

via The Best Phone Ever!

Works on my Z30.
    09-19-13 12:15 PM
    I know the toast notification can be set for priority contacts but how do I customize notifications for groups?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:22 PM
    Still not working on Q. Sent my logs to the WhatsApp support. Hope they can help.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:46 PM
    I've got toasts for BBM, texts and email but no WhatsApp yet

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    So the toast notifications work for all communication with the device? BBM, Texts and emails pretty much cover a good 60%. I just wanted to know if there are toasts for FB and Skype?
    09-20-13 07:11 AM
    So the toast notifications work for all communication with the device? BBM, Texts and emails pretty much cover a good 60%. I just wanted to know if there are toasts for FB and Skype?
    Not yet afaik
    09-20-13 07:14 AM

I noticed that if I stayed long enough in the conversation, the instant preview doesn't trigger, only whatsapp's own instant messages. This makes it ideal and how it should be.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:11 PM
    What about toast notifications for 10.2.0.1743? Messages still dont appear in toast

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 05:17 PM
    Works with OS 10.2.0.1743

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 05:19 PM
    How? Its not appearing on my cell

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 05:56 PM
    Re install the app

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    09-21-13 06:44 PM
    Ill still get my old convos right?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 07:02 PM
    Yep

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.1047 OS
    09-21-13 07:16 PM
    Toast working for me for whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    Aanchal Sethi likes this.
    09-21-13 10:02 PM
    Ill still get my old convos right?

Posted via CB10
    If you have a backup, yes.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:18 AM
    Gosh I hate to come back here, but after 10.2 official update, my whatsapp toast not working anymore but bbm and text are fine...sigh..ive tried delete reinstall, still no luck..

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:44 AM
    Try checking settings > notifications > other > WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:24 AM
    Yeah it's set to on

WhatsApp toast notifications!-img_20131247.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 04:44 AM
69 123