04-08-17 10:20 PM
405 ... 1314151617
tools
    Disa?? Is there another spelling? Can't find it on Play Store. What is it?

Posted via CB10
    Is called Disa, from Disa.im.
    It's a IM hub and Whatsapp works fine there, you can send and receive pictures. Not the same case for the location share, there isn't any option to do that.
    It can be a solution but is slow and clumsy.

 Q10 PASSPORT Z30 
    07-03-16 02:25 PM
    Is called Disa, from Disa.im.
    It's a IM hub and Whatsapp works fine there, you can send and receive pictures. Not the same case for the location share, there isn't any option to do that.
    It can be a solution but is slow and clumsy.

 Q10 PASSPORT Z30 
    Thanks! Found it on their website, it directed me to the Play Store, installed easily, and now I have WhatsApp installed on their hub. No messages yet so I don't know if it works. Of course, the WA history isn't there.

Does the Disa app run in the background, headless, or do you have to start it every time you turn the BlackBerry on and keep it open?

It could be the solution after December, as you say.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 03:35 PM
    http://www.9apps.com/top-android-apps-1/

But the WA beta won't send pictures, apparently. And I doubt that subsequent Android versions will be able to do that on OS 10.

Why the WA people couldn't just let some mature OS 10 version stay onlie and working, without upgrades or support, I don't know. Probably they didn't want to field the complaints as they later upgraded their system and the BlackBerry app wouldn't work well.
    They should keep BB10 and only drop OS 7.x. Dropping all Blackberry OS versions at the same time is a pretty ******* thing for WhatsApp to do!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 04:11 AM
    Does this mean WhatsApp will pull their app from BB World? Or just that they won't develop it further?
    07-04-16 05:44 PM
    @hpjoan

Thank you so much! Disa works just fine on my Z10 and even pictures can be send. No I can keep my BB for a bit longer!
    07-04-16 06:03 PM
    Didn't you guys here about the whatsapp client being developed by Nemory studios for blackberry10? Cmon, I don't understand why there is this BlackBerry10 is dead statements lurking around in this forum! Are you guys really an ardent BB10 fan? If so stop bashing and making ****ty statements.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 12:21 AM
    Didn't you guys here about the whatsapp client being developed by Nemory studios for blackberry10? Cmon, I don't understand why there is this BlackBerry10 is dead statements lurking around in this forum! Are you guys really an ardent BB10 fan? If so stop bashing and making ****ty statements.

Posted via CB10
    Nemory will have a hard time selling his WA client 'cause WA has been ceasing and desisting unofficial clients for months now.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-05-16 12:53 AM
    Does this mean WhatsApp will pull their app from BB World? Or just that they won't develop it further?
    It means that they'll both pull the BB10 app from BB World and they'll disable logins from BB10 clients on the server side - along with Android 2.2 and older, and several other obsolete platforms that they're ending support for.

WhatsApp is planning on rolling out a number of new features that require API support that these older platforms don't have. They are also continuing to tighten up access and eliminate all 3rd-Party client access to their services - much like SnapChat, they're only letting their own first-party clients have access, because that's necessary for their security and encryption.

Using the Android app on BB10 may or may not work (it probably won't work well even if it does work), but per several WA developers, they will be disabling the access on the server side, so even if you already have the app installed and working, it's going to stop working.
    07-05-16 02:51 AM
    Nemory studios version of facebook messenger is really awful. They simply took the web version of facebook and call it their client version. Now i'm using the android version of fb messenger and it works flawlesslly even push notifications work.

Now I would think twice before purchasing the their WA client.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 03:01 AM
    CHENOCIDE! Successfully killing our beloved BB10...
    Nope, it's BlackBerry users turning to WhatsApp instead of using BBM that's slowly strangling BB.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:45 AM
    Nope, it's BlackBerry users turning to WhatsApp instead of using BBM that's slowly strangling BB.

Posted via CB10
    Do people realize BlackBerry is making android phones now? So no issue if you want apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:20 AM
    Using the Android app on BB10 may or may not work (it probably won't work well even if it does work)
    If it works like other messaging apps do (Telegram, Viber, Line...) it could be fine, although still a huge nuisance not to have direct notifications.
    07-08-16 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I heard it's been pulled by BlackBerry a month ago. Don't bash people who are making "****ty statements" when they have the full right to do so.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-08-16 03:24 PM
    The only thing I believe it might be useful for me is to download the apk WhatsApp version believed to function on BlackBerry 10 and wait for the end of this year. Till then, I will use the stock version, that is currently functioning. Should both of version be blocked, I will have to change phone

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:35 AM
    I stopped updating my whatsapp the day I heard the news and haven't taken one new update since. I am wondering if some who did this will still enjoy some functionality and some won't? I know they could use their servers to stop us on the BB10 version from accessing but if they can't be bothered to continue development of the app you think they are going to take the time to do that? I think not, at least they didn't take the time to shutdown our Facebook app. Wait and see is what we will do....

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:15 AM
    I really like and appreciate my BlackBerry Passport. I think BlackBerry Messenger is by far much better than any other messages Apps in the market. But is also a fact that my customers doesn't, and that I need to use the App that they are using if I want to keep myself in the Market too. So, it is like forcing us users to let OS10 diying. Maybe it would have a sort of antitrust matter that authorities should review, wouldn't?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 10:16 AM
    They could make a fork of Whatsapp to open source version... as at the first time...then we can use their api to go one!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 12:36 PM
    To most people, whatsapp has slowly become a necessity. Even BlackBerry will still continue to support bb10 for at least 2 more years, many would jump ship since it won't support whatsapp. As for me, I will keep my hand on my Passport and Classic. If there is no other way, I might just get cheap android phone just for whatsapp. For other stuff, I'm all with my bb10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    07-09-16 07:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. People need to realize that BlackBerry users who use other chats that are not BBM have to do it because the rest of the world doesn't use BBM either. In Italy everybody uses WhatsApp and it's nearly impossible to pretend that all the people I know download BBM in their apple/android phone so that they can communicate with the only person they know who still uses BlackBerry.
    I'm just being brutally honest.
    I love my BlackBerry 10 and not having WhatsApp won't hold me back from keep using my BlackBerry, but I'll have to use the computer version of WhatsApp because I need to keep in touch with my people. That's a reality

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:48 AM
    That's correct Irene!!. If I want to keep myself on business I got to surf my customers's wave. As simple as that. Nevertheless, I like kuje's idea of keep my organizer on my BlackBerry Passport and use a cheap Android device for keeping my deals on the road. After all, people that appreciate first class communications will have BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, whatsapp is for sending jokes and that kind of toy stuff, real business needs real tools. Regards.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:26 AM
    In my opinion, if someone wants to get in touch with me they can call, send an sms, email, or BBM. I understand that most people might ( or will) disagree with me, and I fully respect everyone's opinions. I never had whatsapp and I don't plan on ever getting whatsapp, and some how I manage just fine. I'm not looking to get anyone upset, angry or frustrated, but I'm simply floored at how upset people are that whatsapp will be discontinued for BlackBerry os. Most people I know, simply use whatsapp for basic sharing of pictures/ clips, and /or basic messages. There is no shortage of apps that can serve the same purpose as whatsapp, that can work for all smartphones regardless of make or model. (I do realize and understand that some people use whatsapp for business as well,and do not want to chase away clientele I fully understand if such people may be frustrated). With that said we survived before whatsapp was invented and will survive (hopefully) without it as well.
    As we all know the graveyard is full of irreplaceable men.

P.S. I truly hope that nobody will see this post and think I am trying to poke fun at others, for that is not the intended purpose of this post in any way, form, shape or how. It is simply my opinion in regards to whatsapp stopping support for BlackBerry os.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 03:05 AM
    Nowadays Whatsapp is something that's beyond an app. It connects families, friends, employees, acquaintances through groups where they can discuss, inform, debate, initiate, enlighten, approve or just have some fun. And all these irrespective of the brand or platform of their mobile phones. It has made our lives much easier and made us all much more connected.

However BlackBerry users like me who value security and privacy, BBM is a better platform. Personally I feel Whatsapp is too nosy specially the online and last seen options. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't agree with us. Either we are so important that the rest download BBM to connect with us or we fade away in time clinging on to our blackberry. We'll see that in 2017. Somehow I feel the chances of the latter are stronger. :'(

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 03:48 AM
    Using WhatsApp requires providing your mobile phone # to Facebook and anyone you connect with on WhatsApp. That's not a viable model for me or my business.

If you don't care about privacy or security, WhatsApp has great functionality for a social app, so I get why it's successful.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:07 AM
    You can not play down the loss of whatsapp just because you don't use it. It has over one billion downloads on the playstore alone, and is synonymous with normal consumers who aren't looking for up tight security or trying to run a business from a device as BlackBerry users proclaim. My mum who can't even get a Gmail account to work on her android has whatsapp to contact my brother abroad.

You either have whatsapp, imessage or Facebook for group messaging. Blackberry in a few months time will barely have one of them. No notifications from Facebook renders it useless for daily use.

What's the point of BlackBerry chasing whatsapp for bb10 when they're heading to android anyway. Nobody with iphone/android would choose to use BBM... whatsapp is forcing the device switch killing off BBM once and for all and leaving BlackBerry BBM users diminishing in numbers and dwindling on old devices. BBM will slowly die out.

Whatsapp is pulling the plug on bb10 and BlackBerry are happy to let them do it.

Posted via CB10
    MoonSunStars likes this.
    07-15-16 09:31 AM
    Whatsapp is pulling the plug on bb10 and BlackBerry are happy to let them do it.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case, then Chen really is an NSA shill.
    07-15-16 03:18 PM
405 ... 1314151617