As long as WhatsApp supports Android 4.3 the Android version should still work in BB10.

Join me on BBM!
    It should, but it doesn't seem to. I've tried all sorts of things, like putting the Android backup file it says it creates in the BlackBerry version all over my SD card in various directories, but it never finds the backup, and just won't go beyond the looking for backup spinning wheel screen.

Yes, I know it's supposed to work on 4.3, and it doesn't seem to be a Google Play Store issue (but could be), but whatever it is, it doesn't work on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 11:51 PM
    It should, but it doesn't seem to. I've tried all sorts of things, like putting the Android backup file it says it creates in the BlackBerry version all over my SD card in various directories, but it never finds the backup, and just won't go beyond the looking for backup spinning wheel screen.

Yes, I know it's supposed to work on 4.3, and it doesn't seem to be a Google Play Store issue (but could be), but whatever it is, it doesn't work on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Android WhatsApp cannot extract anything from the device. No photos, videos, documents. Not even backups.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 12:45 AM
    I don't want to give up my Blackberry, but the lack of Whatsapp support will force me to use my Android as the full time device and retire the Blackberry.

I've been living without the ability to send/receive pictures via whatsapp, but this is the final straw.
    05-19-16 10:14 AM
    I will install the android version if mine stops working but I am definitely not updating it and haven't for a while so they can't install a kill switch.
    They can just implement the kill switch on the server side, and disallow logins from outdated versions.
    05-19-16 10:45 AM
    They can just implement the kill switch on the server side, and disallow logins from outdated versions.
    Yeah, probably. User agent, app version, all are ways to identify which platform is trying to connect.
    05-19-16 01:32 PM
    Perhaps they can and perhaps they can't be bothered. Obviously FB did not care to go the extra mile to shut us down so why would they when it comes to Whatsapp? I guess time will tell. Either way it was a shock at first yet after some time and deliberation on my own and with friends I am not abandoning my Passport for the sake of one messaging app. If my friends want to communicate they can email, text, BBM, BBM Call, BBM video, instagram msg, twitter, Linkedin or damn it just call. Lol. Poor Whatsapp, one day another app will be on top and they may beg all available platforms to use it again.

Posted via CB10
    ediggity and moosbb like this.
    05-25-16 12:51 PM
    In Middle East, where I live, Whatsapp is so mainstream that it's text messaging and now calling also and soon video calling! If a phone doesn't have Whatsapp, most probably no one will buy! This is really sad because all BB10 users here or most will switch purely for this!

Posted via CB10

Yeah, I'm changing phones once the whatsapp support stops, probably to an android running BlackBerry because I need that keyboard haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 02:41 PM
    I wish we could still use it after Dec 2016 (even though with no updates) but looks like that's not the case... the app won't work on BlackBerry 10 at all! I'm having a mental breakdown right now

Posted via CB10
    Happy Christmas BlackBerry Users, love Whatsapp, now jump. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 02:43 PM
    Perhaps they can and perhaps they can't be bothered. Obviously FB did not care to go the extra mile to shut us down so why would they when it comes to Whatsapp? I guess time will tell. Either way it was a shock at first yet after some time and deliberation on my own and with friends I am not abandoning my Passport for the sake of one messaging app. If my friends want to communicate they can email, text, BBM, BBM Call, BBM video, instagram msg, twitter, Linkedin or damn it just call. Lol. Poor Whatsapp, one day another app will be on top and they may beg all available platforms to use it again.

Posted via CB10
    They've already done it with Legacy Devices running OS 6 and below. It's even on their webpage, that until the end of the year they will only support OS 7 and above. Currently on OS 6 phones, you get a message saying the phone is not compatible with WhatsApp, so this is what will most likely happen to our BlackBerry 10 devices. It's a shame, I could understand dropping support for BBOS, but not for BB10.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    05-30-16 09:01 AM
    Well, I could understand it as it seems less than 1 % of WA users using our beloved OS10. I think that Thorsten Heins, former CEO of BB tried to get into the mass market which would be the key for this, failed to do so.... now John Chen only has the problems with that and if BB wants to Keep alive, he is doing well in not producing Hardware when there is no success selling it.
    I am using Passsport and Q10!
    05-30-16 10:43 AM
    for anyone who want to try Android Whatsapp, there is a glitch which can't send picture/video by using Android version of Whatsapp, beware of it.
    05-31-16 12:45 AM
    Someone posted information less than a week ago on a specific but older version of a whatsapp.apk which sending files works fine. It is supposedly a one off.

Confident that I downloaded it but now unable to find it, I'm beginning to think that it was all just a dream. I checked the last week's worth of whatsapp threads but can't find the specific posts either. One thread is familiar and fitting but the post with a link is gone unsurprisingly because it's probably in somebody's interest to remove those posts.

Off the top of my head. Version 2.7 something.

If anyone has information let me know please!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:40 PM
    Someone posted information less than a week ago on a specific but older version of a whatsapp.apk which sending files works fine. It is supposedly a one off.

Confident that I downloaded it but now unable to find it, I'm beginning to think that it was all just a dream. I checked the last week's worth of whatsapp threads but can't find the specific posts either. One thread is familiar and fitting but the post with a link is gone unsurprisingly because it's probably in somebody's interest to remove those posts.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.9apps.com/top-android-apps-1/

But the WA beta won't send pictures, apparently. And I doubt that subsequent Android versions will be able to do that on OS 10.

Why the WA people couldn't just let some mature OS 10 version stay onlie and working, without upgrades or support, I don't know. Probably they didn't want to field the complaints as they later upgraded their system and the BlackBerry app wouldn't work well.

This slow but steady loss of functionality of Android apps on BlackBerry OS 10 might well be called WAter torture. (Sorry--couldn't restrain myself.)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KenV54; 05-31-16 at 11:02 PM.
    05-31-16 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-01-16 12:21 AM
    WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-img_20160531_113226_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 01:08 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160531_113226_edit.png 
Views:	1395 
Size:	222.3 KB 
ID:	401166

Posted via CB10
    That alone will move many to Priv but only if Priv price was or is justified... $500 at start would've been nice and not $699+ They should make Priv 2 better specs with $459 as a good competitive price

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 08:45 PM
    That alone will move many to Priv but only if Priv price was or is justified... $500 at start would've been nice and not $699+ They should make Priv 2 better specs with $459 as a good competitive price

Posted via CB10
    You can easily get unlocked Privs for US$ 399 or less those days... brand new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-10-16 08:31 AM
    You can easily get unlocked Privs for US$ 399 or less those days... brand new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Aren't they all AT&T branded Privs and therefore unable to get the latest MM updates unless AT&T releases them?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:32 AM
    So I installed the Android 2.12.510 WhatsApp lately, and yesterday I got a notification saying that I have 30 days to update to the latest WhatsApp.

This makes me believe downloading the APK version won't be a lasting solution, as BB10's Android runtime is stuck on 4.4, and eventually WhatsApp will make us upgrade to something that the BB10 runtime won't support.
    06-11-16 01:04 AM
    The android whatsapp APK is working but the problem is that the users cannot send a picture or a file however the user can receive all documents. My question is there any resolve for this problem ?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 04:40 PM
    Theoretically, yes. But it's not "just like Face10", since there is no API and WhatsApp doesn't allow third party clients. In fact, on minor platforms you can find unofficial clients like Yappari on the Nokia N900 and there is an open source library called yowsup(there even used to be OpenWhatsApp for BB10 if anyone can remember) . I still think it's highly unlikely, that we will ever see something like this on BlackBerry 10, since it would take a very dedicated developer setting up a nice UI from scratch, Hub support, Headless functionality and so on. Furthermore said app would need to be well maintained because of WhatsApp changing things from time to time leading to breakage of compatibility with official clients. Oh, and you will never see this in BlackBerry World of course, since it's against WhatsApp policy.

Via Pasta CB10
    I remember OpenWhatsApp! It was great! Honestly preferred it to the WhatsApp app.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 06:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but if I am getting pushed off this OS unwillingly at some point I won't be going to the Priv with all the problems it suffers from and a sub par PK. I won't be going for a "mid tier" phone either. If the time comes I will be getting a top notch android phone with great specs for a reasonable price. Nothing I see wrong with the HTC 10 but I may be waiting for the next nexus phone or see what comes from Lenovo

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 04:59 AM
    Just use Disa from play store. Although I havent tested out all the features it works

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 09:23 AM
    Just use Disa from play store. Although I havent tested out all the features it works

Posted via CB10
    Disa?? Is there another spelling? Can't find it on Play Store. What is it?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:18 PM
    The android whatsapp APK is working but the problem is that the users cannot send a picture or a file however the user can receive all documents. My question is there any resolve for this problem ?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately there is no resolve for this problem!
    If you download some older version of APK whatsapp you can send pictures but only for 30days, after 30days you need to update your whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:20 PM
405 ... 1213141516 ...